iPad Pro 10.5" sound quality is pretty amazing
Jul 6, 2017 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

LouisArmstrong

1000+ Head-Fier
Best in a tablet I have heard, and probably just second to the Onkyo smartphone if we count cell phones as well. I come from iPhone 7+, G6, V20 and now Galaxy S8+. I would say that the SQ of the new iPad Pro is better than all of them. No it can't compare with my AK380Cu and probably is not at the same level as my upcoming SP1000Cu, but for a tablet I will give them that it is a pretty good deal. After all it is still an amazing tablet and everything just runs buttery smooth on it.

Jul 6, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #4 of 45
Best in a tablet I have heard, and probably just second to the Onkyo smartphone if we count cell phones as well. I come from iPhone 7+, G6, V20 and now Galaxy S8+. I would say that the SQ of the new iPad Pro is better than all of them. No it can't compare with my AK380Cu and probably is not at the same level as my upcoming SP1000Cu, but for a tablet I will give them that it is a pretty good deal. After all it is still an amazing tablet and everything just runs buttery smooth on it.
120Hz I really hope is here to stay. It's so much smoother.

I also agree my iems sound better out of the new iPad Pro than the iPhone 7+ to a significant degree.

Jul 6, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #5 of 45
Hello I've got a Copper version of AK380 and bluetooth streaming is very good. I used it with a Thodio XC as a portable speaker system. Did you audition the SP1000cu?

Aug 13, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #6 of 45
120Hz I really hope is here to stay. It's so much smoother.

I also agree my iems sound better out of the new iPad Pro than the iPhone 7+ to a significant degree.
It's funny, assuming internals are identical between 10.5 and [new] 12.9. I've been used to the iPhone 7, to the point I was using the dongle on the iPad (just so that I wouldn't lose it), plugged the MEElectronics Pinnacle P1s into the Pro headphone jack, and was really surprised at how it eclipses the dongle - embarrassingly so...

Long may the improvements to the headphone jack on the Pro continue :)

Aug 24, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #7 of 45
Mine sounds fantastic as well. I didn't know if it was just me or not and I only have a Fiio X1 and 6s Plus to compare at the moment, but every time I plug in my 400i's or 99 Classics I'm totally impressed.

Sep 1, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #8 of 45
I am also pleasantly surprised by iPad Pro 10.5 sound quality. Comparing to Creative E3 on my laptop connected via USB, iPad Pro 10.5 blow the E3 out of the water.

Sep 8, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #10 of 45
Im actually surprised the DAC in phone/tablet devises have been improved with the 'pro' specced gear. I imagined they increased the HDD, screen and bam: pro

Sep 8, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #11 of 45
Im actually surprised the DAC in phone/tablet devises have been improved with the 'pro' specced gear. I imagined they increased the HDD, screen and bam: pro

I don't think anyone has confirmed that it had actually been improved yet.

Oct 28, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #12 of 45
I compared the 10.5 pro with my older air 2. And chord mojo. The 10.5 pro alone sounds great and its louder then the older ipad. I cant tell any difference between 10.5 pro and mojo. This was using the mrspeakers aeon

Oct 28, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #13 of 45
I don't think anyone has confirmed that it had actually been improved yet.
Their “could” be differences between the A9/10 SOC and their X counterparts, other than horsepower, no idea, but one thing about iPads, they always feel to me (as an EU user), that their Audio feels unlocked (more headroom, more dynamic) than the iPhone versions.

Oct 28, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #14 of 45
I am also super impressed with the sound coming out of the 12.9 iPad Pro (2017). Not bad for a tablet.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #15 of 45
I am also super impressed with the sound coming out of the 12.9 iPad Pro (2017). Not bad for a tablet.
Do you know if there is any difference between the 10.5 and 12.9 in soundquality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back