iPad Pro 10.5" sound quality is pretty amazing

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by LouisArmstrong, Jul 6, 2017.
2 3
Next

Last
  1. LouisArmstrong
    Best in a tablet I have heard, and probably just second to the Onkyo smartphone if we count cell phones as well. I come from iPhone 7+, G6, V20 and now Galaxy S8+. I would say that the SQ of the new iPad Pro is better than all of them. No it can't compare with my AK380Cu and probably is not at the same level as my upcoming SP1000Cu, but for a tablet I will give them that it is a pretty good deal. After all it is still an amazing tablet and everything just runs buttery smooth on it.

2. numberonesuperman
    The best I've heard from a phone is a Nokia Lumia 630, it's very good

3. numberonesuperman
    Samsung phones worse sound

4. Galm
    120Hz I really hope is here to stay. It's so much smoother.

I also agree my iems sound better out of the new iPad Pro than the iPhone 7+ to a significant degree.

5. numberonesuperman
    Hello I've got a Copper version of AK380 and bluetooth streaming is very good. I used it with a Thodio XC as a portable speaker system. Did you audition the SP1000cu?

6. Duncan Moderator
    It's funny, assuming internals are identical between 10.5 and [new] 12.9. I've been used to the iPhone 7, to the point I was using the dongle on the iPad (just so that I wouldn't lose it), plugged the MEElectronics Pinnacle P1s into the Pro headphone jack, and was really surprised at how it eclipses the dongle - embarrassingly so...

Long may the improvements to the headphone jack on the Pro continue :)

7. big45-70
    Mine sounds fantastic as well. I didn't know if it was just me or not and I only have a Fiio X1 and 6s Plus to compare at the moment, but every time I plug in my 400i's or 99 Classics I'm totally impressed.

Richsvt and Duncan like this.
  8. aysheep
    I am also pleasantly surprised by iPad Pro 10.5 sound quality. Comparing to Creative E3 on my laptop connected via USB, iPad Pro 10.5 blow the E3 out of the water.

9. phiemon
    Am I the only one that found the S8 sounds better than the iPad 10.5?!

10. Death_Block
    Im actually surprised the DAC in phone/tablet devises have been improved with the 'pro' specced gear. I imagined they increased the HDD, screen and bam: pro

11. big45-70
    I don't think anyone has confirmed that it had actually been improved yet.

12. Roybenz
    I compared the 10.5 pro with my older air 2. And chord mojo. The 10.5 pro alone sounds great and its louder then the older ipad. I cant tell any difference between 10.5 pro and mojo. This was using the mrspeakers aeon

13. Duncan Moderator
    Their “could” be differences between the A9/10 SOC and their X counterparts, other than horsepower, no idea, but one thing about iPads, they always feel to me (as an EU user), that their Audio feels unlocked (more headroom, more dynamic) than the iPhone versions.

Roybenz likes this.
  14. ubs28
    I am also super impressed with the sound coming out of the 12.9 iPad Pro (2017). Not bad for a tablet.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  15. Roybenz
    Do you know if there is any difference between the 10.5 and 12.9 in soundquality?

2 3
Next

Last