iPad iPhone bit-perfect DLNA/UPnP wi-fi streaming 24bit or DSD files / high storage capacity / portability
Oct 14, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #61 of 249
Ciao Nardo, benvenuto! Ti rispondo in english.
I don't remember D6 which USB transcoder chip uses, be careful even if some chips works with iPad/CCK it's still possible some frequencies are not supported, usually 88.2Khz.
If you have an Xmos chip like the iBasso D7 all freq up to 24/192.

I've not considered DX100 for a number of reasons:
1) I want a big display to surf the net or watch movies
2) with SGFS 500GB I don't need a pack of memories to swap or search where is that files...
3) I can use any or upgrade the portable amp or use high-end desktop compatible USB DACs (Xmos chip is very common) with this high end battery powered transport (iPad/CCK).

Hope this help, alla prossima!

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #62 of 249
Hi there, I'm hoping to copy your fantastic portable iPad setup after reading your research, but the ibasso products are quite difficult to buy in the UK. So I was wondering if the FiiO E17 or similar would also work? I know it only goes to 24 / 96 via USB, but that would be enough for me.

Can you advise?

Thanks again for such a great research task, with results to benefit us all!

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #63 of 249
Quote:
Hi there, I'm hoping to copy your fantastic portable iPad setup after reading your research, but the ibasso products are quite difficult to buy in the UK. So I was wondering if the FiiO E17 or similar would also work? I know it only goes to 24 / 96 via USB, but that would be enough for me.
Can you advise?
Thanks again for such a great research task, with results to benefit us all!

You can buy iBasso directly from their website and pay with PayPal, I've done it and received it in Italy, fast delivery.

Oct 26, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #65 of 249
Since I couldn't find the battery powered USB hub referred to in the original post, On Lite H420B.

I bought a solar powered hub off Amazon.

So, now my setup is:

• iPad3
  • Apple CCK
  • USB Y cable (One end goes to USB HUB, one end goes to CCK, and other power cable goes to USB battery pack or USB wall charger)
  • Solar powered USB hub
  • iBasso D7
  • Headphones

It works perfectly so far. If I use a large battery pack, the USB hub will work for a long time. Probably longer than the iPad battery. Or of course, plugged in, the hub will work as long as you want.

Oct 28, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #66 of 249
I have it too, it's the D-Tech mentioned in the thread, but it last just one hour alone, that's why I've purchased the Tekkeon to feed it.

I must warn you that the OnLite H420B is very poor quality since most sample I've received doesn't work with included rachargeable batteries.

Any other suggestion which battery powered USB hub to try or just exist?

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #67 of 249
apologies for the double post

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #68 of 249
Help! Is there a solution for those that own an original iPad1?

I tried to download the music player apps, seems they require iOS6, which the original iPad does not support.

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #69 of 249
I have the iPad 1 but not purchased any app after the servers update with prices increased.
All the apps I've installed coul be launched, but not every app has the same features and funcionality. Ipad 1 will not have any more OS update, so no iSO6, but I think most apps should be backward compatible.

Mar 16, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #70 of 249
I have just bought FiiO E07k to use as headphone amp and dac for my Ipad 3.
I have a library of Flac files 24/96 that I want to stream directly to my Ipad.
I have read loads of threads , including this one and cannot find a definitive answer to the question of which app to use for bit perfect streaming.
Can anyone help

Mar 18, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #71 of 249
The FiiO E07k is designed to be a DAC for a PC/Mac, not for an iPad. Are you using it successfully as an iPad DAC with the Apple Camera Connection Kit?

There are programs called StreamToMe/ServeToMe that might work for getting the FLAC files to play through your iPad.

http://projectswithlove.com/streamtome/

Mar 20, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #73 of 249
HI grokit

Yes I have used FLAC player om my Ipad 3 with the CCK and so long as you turn off USB charging on the Fiio it works fine.

Thanks for the links -----  grokit and  JoneFonebone

Mar 22, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #74 of 249
I have the same basic set up. iPad 3, CCK, USB to mini USB cable, Fiio E7, Senn HD558. I use the FLAC Player App. A simple basic system but it works well. I have some downloads from HD Tracks, but you have to use their download manager on a Mac or PC and then transfer it to the iPad. I do more downloads from Linn Records which will download (one track at a time) directly into Flac Player on the iPad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back