iPad 2 first impressions. Will you be getting one ?
Mar 31, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #226 of 249

gavinfabl

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 5, 2010
Posts
970
Likes
142
Really loving the iPad 2. Picked up a red leather and light blue smart cover. The smart covers are really neat. Added on to the back only a gelaskin (standby design). So now it's fully protected. I also got the digital av adapter today and used keynote and the mirroring and got to say it's really good. Hooked up real racing :)

On to the sound quality. It's definitely better marginally than the original. The headphone amp section seems to have more drive for my Fischer Audio FA-003. I have stopped using the fiio e7 as it's better without IMO.

I would recommend a few incredible apps, Flipboard, Zite and Aweditorium.
 
Mar 31, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #227 of 249

matto

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 9, 2010
Posts
661
Likes
17
The first page was a real great read, I was in line for one of these and believe it or not but the person in front of me got the LAST ONE, a white 32gb wifi, not exactly what I was looking for, but still would've got it. Now I think of it I don't really need it, and it is true apple has made people get something they don't really need.
 
Though I'm guessing since the sound quality is better from the new iPad the new iPhone coming out later on this year which I will be getting as I can renew my contract will have improved sound quality :)
 
Apr 5, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #228 of 249

Somnambulist

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 28, 2010
Posts
1,639
Likes
39
The wooden Miniot smart cover is t3h s3x:

 
Apr 6, 2011 at 4:28 AM Post #229 of 249

Lambbart

New Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Posts
3
Likes
0
Finally I got an iPad 2 32GB. It's a nice device, although I have a small issue with the headphone output. I'm hearing clicks through my Triple-Fi headphones everytime the audio chip is initialized. In fact I get this annoying clicks every time I enter or leave a text field when the tone for the keyboard is turned on.
 
I had this issue with cheap MP3 players and cheap telephones in the past but never with an Apple device (i tried with iPhone 3GS and iPad 1).
 
Can you confirm this issue on your device? And if yes is it as annoying for you as it is for me?
 
Kind regards
 
Apr 9, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #231 of 249

Uncle Erik

Uncle Exotic
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Posts
22,596
Likes
504
I finally got the chance to fondle an iPad2 at BestBuy.

It is a vet nice piece of hardware. The weight loss was appreciable.

However, it didn't feel "faster" to me than the iPad1 for getting on the Internet or for the applications I usually use. It wouldn't be much of an upgrade for me.

I plan to keep my iPad1 for another generation or two. It's still hugely useful and does everything I need. If someone is in the market for an iPad, I'd recommend taking a look at the discounted/refurbished iPad1 models instead. They're the better value at the moment.
 
Apr 9, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #232 of 249

gavinfabl

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 5, 2010
Posts
970
Likes
142
I have no clicks.

Compared to the iPhone 4 it's different. I think the iPad has more oomph in the headphone output since I tend not to use the fiio e7 with it, but the iPhone 4 needs it with my fischer FA-003s.

After allowing the electronics to burn in the iPad 2 is smoother. I just think it down to the higher drive in the amp section.

The iPhone 4 sounds good though with headphones that need less drive.
 
Apr 17, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #233 of 249

Lambbart

New Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Posts
3
Likes
0
I have no clicks.

Compared to the iPhone 4 it's different. I think the iPad has more oomph in the headphone output since I tend not to use the fiio e7 with it, but the iPhone 4 needs it with my fischer FA-003s.

After allowing the electronics to burn in the iPad 2 is smoother. I just think it down to the higher drive in the amp section.

The iPhone 4 sounds good though with headphones that need less drive.


Hey, what headphones are you using? I had two devices now which both producing these clicks with my UE Triple.Fis.
 
Apr 18, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #234 of 249

DJGeorgeT

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 5, 2004
Posts
2,835
Likes
22
The Ipad 1 is just too heavy. I really hate carrying it and this is without an Otterbox Defender case. I can only imagine how heavy it would get with a hefty case like that one.
 
I am running CUE PLAY DJ on my Ipad 1 and from time to time the audio gets glitchy because the demands on CPU power exceed its capability. I will be getting the Ipad 2. Likely it won't make that much difference, but we'll see.
 
Quote:
I finally got the chance to fondle an iPad2 at BestBuy.

It is a vet nice piece of hardware. The weight loss was appreciable.

However, it didn't feel "faster" to me than the iPad1 for getting on the Internet or for the applications I usually use. It wouldn't be much of an upgrade for me.

I plan to keep my iPad1 for another generation or two. It's still hugely useful and does everything I need. If someone is in the market for an iPad, I'd recommend taking a look at the discounted/refurbished iPad1 models instead. They're the better value at the moment.



 
 
Apr 18, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #235 of 249

davesmith

New Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 25, 2011
Posts
35
Likes
12
I tried an iPad2 in an Apple store for the first time. It seemed fast, though only as fast as the iPad1. What I liked about it was how it felt to hold. It was so much more of a pleasant experience when compared to the original which was a bit on the heavy side. I think its a shame about the resolution though, and the poor quality of the fornt facing camera. If those 2 things were better I would be very tempted.
 
Apr 18, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #236 of 249

Enanthate

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 22, 2010
Posts
152
Likes
11


Quote:
The Ipad 1 is just too heavy. I really hate carrying it and this is without an Otterbox Defender case. I can only imagine how heavy it would get with a hefty case like that one.
 
I am running CUE PLAY DJ on my Ipad 1 and from time to time the audio gets glitchy because the demands on CPU power exceed its capability. I will be getting the Ipad 2. Likely it won't make that much difference, but we'll see.
 


 

Original Ipad too heavy???  Time to start hitting the gym..lol.  But in all seriousness, the Ipad is nothing compared to having a comparable netbook or even a full sized laptop.
 
And I agree with most, after thoroughly inspecting a friends 2nd generation.  It is not worth the upgrade unless you are desperate for facetime or just need the newest product.  
 
 
 
Apr 20, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #240 of 249

DJGeorgeT

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 5, 2004
Posts
2,835
Likes
22
The Ipad is lighter either lighter or the same weight as a netbook. My Archos 101 is certainly lighter than the Ipad and has a larger screen. Also, some apps for Ipad 1 would benefit from the extra cpu power from Ipad 2. Do you now finally understand???
 
Quote:
Original Ipad too heavy???  Time to start hitting the gym..lol.  But in all seriousness, the Ipad is nothing compared to having a comparable netbook or even a full sized laptop.
 
And I agree with most, after thoroughly inspecting a friends 2nd generation.  It is not worth the upgrade unless you are desperate for facetime or just need the newest product.  
 
 



 
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top