Invaders must die!!!
Mar 3, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #46 of 74
Sheeesh...finally got IMD and I must say it is awesome! Warrior's Dance had me literally uncontrollably dancing around the house...lol
Run with the Wolves, Thunder, Take Me To the Hospital, World's On Fire....all stellar tunes!

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #47 of 74
This is a really good album in my opinion. Some tracks do sound a bit 1990's but is that a bad thing?! Not really as there was alot of good stuff knocking around back then. Omen and Invaders must Die are the stand out tracks for me. I haven't heard a good dance album like this for a long time. 7.5/10

Mar 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #48 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfsnake78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some tracks do sound a bit 1990's but is that a bad thing?!

I assume that qestiion was rhetorical, but I'll still reply - heck, no! I have really been enjoying Invaders. It's stompy good timey music. On the other hand, I never approached a Prodigy album as high art or some such, more like a big greasy cheeseburger, and this one is oh so greesy and cheesy.

Mar 8, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #50 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I assume that qestiion was rhetorical, but I'll still reply - heck, no! I have really been enjoying Invaders. It's stompy good timey music. On the other hand, I never approached a Prodigy album as high art or some such, more like a big greasy cheeseburger, and this one is oh so greesy and cheesy.

Viro-im surprised you like it.

It lacks the edge that early Prodigy became known for and theres no pushing the envelope here. These are all sounds and samples that ive heard before...

Alot of peeps around here are bashing "Always Outnumbered"; i for one loved that album. It was no "Fat of the Land" but to me it was diverse and interesting.

Mar 9, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #51 of 74
I love this album but I miss the layers in it and Always Outnumbered. Jilted and I think even Experience tracks almost sound like you could make a few albums out of all the layered beats and sounds. But simple is great too, just something I noticed.

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #55 of 74
I'm trying this album out right now, and my head is bobbing everywhere like mad so far, and I'm only on the second track!
cool.gif

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #57 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Viro-im surprised you like it.

It lacks the edge that early Prodigy became known for and theres no pushing the envelope here. These are all sounds and samples that ive heard before...

Alot of peeps around here are bashing "Always Outnumbered"; i for one loved that album. It was no "Fat of the Land" but to me it was diverse and interesting.

Im gonna have to retract my last statement...
The album is growing on me more and more; I shouldve have known not to be so hasty in my early review.

I still think it could have used a bit more layering but its solid none the less.

Mar 9, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #58 of 74
You know, after liking this album very very much, I started looking for more "big beats and dark synths" kinda music, and I stumbled on Freeland - Now And Them from 2003... Love it too, anyone knows of any other band making similar music?

Already familiar with The Crystal Method, The Chemical Brothers and Alias (from Anticon)

beerchug.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #60 of 74
There is a hint of his old style in this but other than that each album is very different, but hopefully you find something you like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back