Introducing Vokyl & The Erupt Headset
Oct 14, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #271 of 403
What is the size of the opening for the ears? Can you please measure?
Also, what is the opening size of the original / stock earpads, for reference? (cannot measure since I did not get my pair yet)
i dont have a ruler something for that so sorry. But it is swappable with beyer standard pads. So basically not really weird sizing, just standard easily being swapped.

Oct 14, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #272 of 403
can i know how many units are already shipped out? Just considering making a full review on erupt soon. This looks like zero review so far for the final tuning.

Oct 14, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #273 of 403
can i know how many units are already shipped out? Just considering making a full review on erupt soon. This looks like zero review so far for the final tuning.

You should! I'm working on a review as well. I just got them, but these things are beyond legit at this price point.

The final pads are actually nicer than the first generic pair that was on the demo set I heard. No more treble spike. I'd totally rock these for music, as well.

Oct 14, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #275 of 403
You should! I'm working on a review as well. I just got them, but these things are beyond legit at this price point.

The final pads are actually nicer than the first generic pair that was on the demo set I heard. No more treble spike. I'd totally rock these for music, as well.
Tbh, headphones are really rare to be this good for imaging/holographic ish. This is by far one of the best ive ever heard that is able to produce this imaging. Really blows me off

edit: also the detail retrieval is ridiculously good. I can hear little small detail without anything to be overbearing to each other. Solid balance sound!

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #276 of 403
Have you tried the solid pads? I used them once and probably will never going to use them again.
Im a fan of velour on this. Meaning no more cloth that covers the driver. I love the airiness <3

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #277 of 403
i dont have a ruler something for that so sorry. But it is swappable with beyer standard pads. So basically not really weird sizing, just standard easily being swapped.
I was asking about the size of the opening for the ears. Since you have no tape measure - can you just let me know if the velour pads would fit bigger ears? smaller ears? or exactly same size ear opening?
Thanks!

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #278 of 403
I really hope this is an outlier and not a common sentiment regarding the production version. Still hoping for the best.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #279 of 403
I really hope this is an outlier and not a common sentiment regarding the production version. Still hoping for the best.

Oof, those graphs look painful. Thanks for sharing.

Oct 22, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #280 of 403
Oof, those graphs look painful. Thanks for sharing.
I wonder if his headphones are defective...
From the little time I have spent with the Erupt (my pair has NOT arrived yet) at ZMFestivus approx. 2 weeks ago - they were quite good!

Oct 22, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #281 of 403
I wonder if his headphones are defective...
From the little time I have spent with the Erupt (my pair has NOT arrived yet) at ZMFestivus approx. 2 weeks ago - they were quite good!
Very unlikely considering it would have to be a matching set of defective drivers.

Oct 22, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #283 of 403
It still could be the case that their measurements were skewed for the subsequent batches. The first batch of erupts had very positive feedback, even from high profile names like antdroid.
Also unlikely that a whole batch would differ so greatly from the first considering it shouldn't get past Quality Control.
In my experience, the only weight of opinion you should ever be swayed by is your own. We all hear differently, so as long as you like what you hear that's what counts.
Looking at these graphs, if they are indeed representative of a 'within spec' example of this headphone, I'm sure I would hate them, but one's trash is another's treasure.
I'm curious to see how this plays out.

Oct 22, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #284 of 403
Also unlikely that a whole batch would differ so greatly from the first considering it shouldn't get past Quality Control.
In my experience, the only weight of opinion you should ever be swayed by is your own. We all hear differently, so as long as you like what you hear that's what counts.
Looking at these graphs, if they are indeed representative of a 'within spec' example of this headphone, I'm sure I would hate them, but one's trash is another's treasure.
I'm curious to see how this plays out.

Could you give me a really quick synopsis of what max setting said about the sound? I genuinely have never been able to watch him because of his bitter and jaded tone (especially on the verum video).

Oct 22, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #285 of 403
Could you give me a really quick synopsis of what max setting said about the sound? I genuinely have never been able to watch him because of his bitter and jaded tone (especially on the verum video).

Basically that no matter which set of pads you chose, there is something terrible wrong with the sound

The 'soundstage' pads have a huge dip around 5-6Khz and a painful spike around 7.5kHz.
Actually from 10hz - 4khz, these look really quite good.. almost excellent.
Dips like this around 5kHz aren't particularly rare, and often go unnoticed, but spikes like that around 7kHz are almost always unbearable.
upload_2019-10-22_19-23-11.png

Then the 'bass pads' look like a joke.
That 15-20dB spread between bass and mids is just bonkers. There is no way that sounds 'good'... looks more like Razer Kraken garbage.
Also the 7-8kHz peak remains... this is the frequency area that just sounds harsh and grating, like blowing into a microphone.
upload_2019-10-22_19-24-58.png

edit: Also, thanks for directing me to his channel.
He seems like an excellent reviewer in the making.
Brutal honesty and measurements to back up his statements. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back