Introducing Vokyl & The Erupt Headset
Oct 11, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #256 of 403
I would argue the imaging on the erupt is better than the hd800. It can compete well with the sennheiser when it comes to spatial separation and image accuracy. Yes, the hd 800 has larger images, but that's mostly because they are just further away and not because they are projected as such like you'll find with the he1000. The holographic imaging is something I mostly encounter with iems, very rare to hear it with a headphone. I guess you could say it makes games for "immersive".
The image on erupt is really outstanding dont get me wrong. But i can play fps game better with hd800 better due to soundstage and imaging.

Edit: not sure u are trolling or what. But do u own erupt and ier m9 to be compare with for the holographic performance? I have m9 and yes m9 wins the holographic but erupt is not really far enough

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #257 of 403
The image on erupt is really outstanding dont get me wrong. But i can play fps game better with hd800 better due to soundstage and imaging.

Edit: not sure u are trolling or what. But do u own erupt and ier m9 to be compare with for the holographic performance? I have m9 and yes m9 wins the holographic but erupt is not really far enough

I never said anything about the m9. As you said, the imaging on the erupt in more "3D", that can also be interpreted as having a "holographic" stage. The hd800 in comparaison does the classic sennheiser left, right and center blobs imaging, very little in the way of height and depth considering how wide it sounds. Please calm down.

Oct 11, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #258 of 403
I get the frustrations some are posting, I'm an impatient person lol...but I can say these guys are working hard! I met them at ZMFestivus this past weekend, and they literally had boxes of unfinished Erupts they were working on while away from their main shop. They are good people, and working hard to fulfill the orders. I walked away impressed with their dedication to getting these done for everyone. This isn't an easy thing they have done, color me impressed that they are doing it and providing a great headphone on top of everything else. Does it suck that it is late....yes...but, I don't doubt that everyone will get their headphones... especially after meeting these guys, they are very genuine and solid guys. I can't wait to see where they go from here! @theotherjude keep up the hard work!

Oct 11, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #259 of 403
Would any of you with the Erupts mind sharing some of your EQ settings with me? Got mine today and looking to play around with the EQ but not quite so what I'm doing since I'm a noobie

Oct 12, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #260 of 403
Would any of you with the Erupts mind sharing some of your EQ settings with me? Got mine today and looking to play around with the EQ but not quite so what I'm doing since I'm a noobie
Tbh, im happy with stock erupt but im using velour pads. Erupt is really balance. It suits me pretty much right away

Oct 12, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #262 of 403
Oct 13, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #263 of 403
I keep on listening on Erupt and it is ridiculously good. The imaging is so 3D/holographic, easily outclass a lot of legendary senns hd6xx series, not gonna hype but the imaging is really beyond my expectation.

Oct 14, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #264 of 403
I'm in the 800s but remain optimistic.

@theotherjude -- hey, hope you guys are doing well. I recall that you may setup a shipping tracker that would help provide some visibility -- any idea when that might launch?

Thanks!

@theotherjude - I'd love to hear when the shipping tracker is expected to launch. Look forward to hearing soon. Thanks!

Oct 14, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #266 of 403
It was supposed to launch last week because two weeks ago in the memo they said it would.

And based upon the way everything else has transpired with this campaign, you should realistically expect the shipping tracker to come online in February.

Oct 14, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #267 of 403
Oct 14, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #268 of 403
@theotherjude - I'd love to hear when the shipping tracker is expected to launch. Look forward to hearing soon. Thanks!
Hello! There's still a couple things to fix on the page and then it will be up! We're really trying to ship as many headsets as quickly as possible and that is 100% our main focus. Thanks for hanging in there!

Oct 14, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #269 of 403
How easy was it to replace the pads?
I have not received my Erupt, yet, but for $12.95 it is a no-brainer to add another flavor to the headphones! :)
just plug and play i guess. Too easy to teach haha. Like a common swappable pads.

Oct 14, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #270 of 403
just plug and play i guess. Too easy to teach haha. Like a common swappable pads.
What is the size of the opening for the ears? Can you please measure?
Also, what is the opening size of the original / stock earpads, for reference? (cannot measure since I did not get my pair yet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back