Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Jan 4, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #4,801 of 4,830
Hi guys :) !

Have a problem with my Delta V2's, only one earphone works, but if I switch the R earphone to the L plug it works, so its a problem with the cable, not the earphones themselves.

So, can you recommend me a cable? Have any of you tried KZ compatible cables?

Thank you !
IIRC, the Delta V2 uses a 0.75mm pin setup, similar to the old UE TF10 cables. And from my very brief googling, I believe KZ uses 0.75mm pin cables as well. Or at least they do on the ZST. Since that's 0.75mm 2-pin, I imagine their other cables would be the same. The only stipulation I'd give is that if you get a KZ cable to use, you'll probably end up wearing the Deltas with the connector facing up because the KZ cables are over-ear angled connector designs. Good luck!

Jan 4, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #4,803 of 4,830
The problem is the connector is not the same, the Delta's have the pins covered.

I've emailed Trinity support, and they don't have any cables in stock.

See this pictures from Brooko.
8668659.jpg

8668660.jpg

KZ

KZ_ZS3_04-1024x768.jpg

UE

18_1.jpg

Jan 4, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #4,804 of 4,830
Jan 4, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #4,805 of 4,830
The problem is the connector is not the same, the Delta's have the pins covered.

I've emailed Trinity support, and they don't have any cables in stock.

See this pictures from Brooko.
8668659.jpg

8668660.jpg

KZ

KZ_ZS3_04-1024x768.jpg

UE

18_1.jpg
It's the pin size that matters. Well, and as long as the tiny bit of recession of the connector on the new cable will fit around the connector on the shell. Basically, what TAE did was just make their cable have the connector all the way around the pins, unlike everyone else who only do it slightly. If you can get enough of the pins on a new cable into the connectors of the shells and be reasonably happy with the security, then there's no reason the KZ cable shouldn't work. So really, if you bought a KZ cable, then it should work without a problem provided that you accept it will look a little wonky.
https://www.amazon.com/****-KZ-ZS5-...=UTF8&qid=1515094139&sr=8-5&keywords=KZ+cable

Jan 4, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #4,806 of 4,830
Basically, what TAE did was just make their cable have the connector all the way around the pins, unlike everyone else who only do it slightly. If you can get enough of the pins on a new cable into the connectors of the shells and be reasonably happy with the security, then there's no reason the KZ cable shouldn't work

This is what worries me, I'm afraid of breaking the pins for that same reason.

Guess it's a matter of trying,

Thank you both for your help :wink: !

Jan 4, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #4,807 of 4,830
This is what worries me, I'm afraid of breaking the pins for that same reason.

Guess it's a matter of trying,

Thank you both for your help :wink: !
It's already not gonna look great.....so what's the harm in making it look slight worse by wrapping the joint in electrical tape with some popsicle stick supports or something? :p. Really, my opinion on how that connector was made was that they didn't do anything much better for the durability of the design; they simply shifted where the failure point would be. Heck, maybe they actually made it worse when you analyze it. Just look at how bulky it is. Instead of snapping at the pins, the design looks more prone to entirely snap off at the joint at the shell. So it pretty much goes like this:
- If you use a pretty common standard design, the pins could snap off in the shell connector and then you're screwed. Game over. A possibility for any 2-pin-based design. But, the reason for the short overlap in most designs, unlike TAE's, is that short and stubby make for a base that's much less prone to shearing off because of leverage: rotate and think about the individual elements, and it's pretty much concepts of physics. And you don't have to be good at physics to understand; my physics grades can attest to that :p
- If you completely wrap up the pins with a protective shroud, like in TAE's design, now you could instead just snap off the entire connector, receptacle and all from the shell. Result? You're still screwed. Except with this design, it physically is easier to do than with most other designs.

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #4,808 of 4,830
Have a problem with my Delta V2's, only one earphone works, but if I switch the R earphone to the L plug it works, so its a problem with the cable, not the earphones themselves.
If I remember correctly, the v2's came with 2 cables: 1x braided, 1x cloth (with microphone). Maybe someone who lives near you or near enough is willing to part with the one they do not use?
But I'd also be curious to know where to get a spare. It's the weakest link and seeing where Trinity Audio is going: no spare stuff...

Jan 9, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #4,809 of 4,830
Yes you are right, if had the 2 cables I wouldn't be searching for another cable, but the V2 were sent to me only with the braided one in replacement for a Delta v1 with defect .

Trinity Audio is also a niche brand, probably no one would be available to send me one cable (even if I paid them).

I ordered a KZ cable from China, will give some feedback in about a month :) .

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #4,810 of 4,830
Yes you are right, if had the 2 cables I wouldn't be searching for another cable, but the V2 were sent to me only with the braided one in replacement for a Delta v1 with defect .

Trinity Audio is also a niche brand, probably no one would be available to send me one cable (even if I paid them).

I ordered a KZ cable from China, will give some feedback in about a month :) .
Where are you based?

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #4,811 of 4,830

Thank you !
Hi Migun, Might be able to help re cables for your Deltas.... I have at least two sets that I can send you. PM me if interested. Voxie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back