Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Jul 14, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #4,742 of 4,830
Trinity used the old style UE 0.75mm connectors on all detachable cable models apart from the Hunter and PM6. They don't come in the threads any more unfortunately, so if you wanted to confirm then shoot then an email or contact them via their website. Hope that helps?

Jul 14, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #4,743 of 4,830
After a looong wait I got my TAE earphones. I've ordered a Delta pair, but after several issues they shipped a pair of Vyrus V2 in replacement. Anyway, I've chosen the delta just by reading the reviews not because of other special requirements so it's fine.
First impressions: I messed up with the filters for about a week until find a good compromise with the silver one (un-dumped) and the white silicon double tips. All other filters are too weak in bass response, even if offering a great detail in the midrange (the orange filter was amazing despite the bass, monitor response). Also I got problems with the ear tips. The output canal of the Vyrus is too large and my ear canal is small so it was hard to fit in it. The foam tips also are not so soft so it's impossible to have a perfect isolation. I come from Shure SE125 with foam tips where the isolation was impressive!
After a week of testing and getting used I've started to appreciate it. Now if I re-plug the Shure I can definitely notice the confusion I had with that, the Vyrus offer a great detail in highs and mid-high, they lack of bass as I said, but after a while I can get used to it.
The detail in the upper section is so high that I can ear a lot of issues in recordings that I remember excellent, with other system I can just enjoy those albums, with the Vyrus instead I start to focus on distortions, editing and spectral modifications.
The panorama is not analytic like the 1more triple (maybe I prefer those), but the dynamic perception is really good.
With some filters the top highs resonate a bit in my ears.
Anyway good quality/value ratio, buy it only if you like messing up with filters, you will need a couple of weeks to find the perfect one (or two if you like to change filters depending on the program).
my 2 cents

Jul 14, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #4,744 of 4,830
Trinity used the old style UE 0.75mm connectors on all detachable cable models apart from the Hunter and PM6. They don't come in the threads any more unfortunately, so if you wanted to confirm then shoot then an email or contact them via their website. Hope that helps?

Many thanks for confirmation.

UE is Ultimate Ears ??

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #4,749 of 4,830
What do you guys generally think of Trinity Audio Phantom Sabre? Worth around USD70 for used one?

I really like mine. The different length filters and regular/spinfit tip options made it pretty easy to get a comfortable fit. Then changing the tuning with different filter colors to find a sound that I like. I am not the most experienced reviewer (not sure how much I care!). Comfortable, good sound. I think $70 is a good price.

Jul 19, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #4,750 of 4,830
What do you guys generally think of Trinity Audio Phantom Sabre? Worth around USD70 for used one?

Depends on condition of course, but most likely yes. $70 seems fair. I'd pay maybe up to around $120 US new - I believe I paid less than that as a preorder though with different exchange rates now I don't really know. I would not pay the 125 pound non-sale price.
It's a vibrant signature. More coloured than most of the rest of the Trinity line up. It can put out as much or more bass than any IEM I've heard from Trinity without becoming muddy, and it forms a pretty strong V shape with the upper mids and another peak in the lower treble to remain clear, although not particularly accurate as far as timbre goes. But those rises and peaks are still pretty smooth (unlike, say, the Atlas, which I never got on with) and it's a fun listen. Sounds good from phones and cheaper DAPs (and probably better gear too but I have better IEMs for them haha).

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #4,751 of 4,830
Depends on condition of course, but most likely yes. $70 seems fair. I'd pay maybe up to around $120 US new - I believe I paid less than that as a preorder though with different exchange rates now I don't really know. I would not pay the 125 pound non-sale price.
It's a vibrant signature. More coloured than most of the rest of the Trinity line up. It can put out as much or more bass than any IEM I've heard from Trinity without becoming muddy, and it forms a pretty strong V shape with the upper mids and another peak in the lower treble to remain clear, although not particularly accurate as far as timbre goes. But those rises and peaks are still pretty smooth (unlike, say, the Atlas, which I never got on with) and it's a fun listen. Sounds good from phones and cheaper DAPs (and probably better gear too but I have better IEMs for them haha).
Well, I am contemplating either the Phantom Sabre or Mee Audio Pinnacle PX from Massdrop. I prefer sweet vocals and detailed separation. Not into bass quantity so much. As long they are more than ATH-CK100, I am perfectly fine. Planning to use them before getting CIEM (saving up T.T).

Jul 20, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #4,752 of 4,830
Well, I am contemplating either the Phantom Sabre or Mee Audio Pinnacle PX from Massdrop. I prefer sweet vocals and detailed separation. Not into bass quantity so much. As long they are more than ATH-CK100, I am perfectly fine. Planning to use them before getting CIEM (saving up T.T).

Yeah I joined that drop myself, the P1 has such a rep and that price is much easier to swallow. You can see here the reviews of the P1, and in Brooko's (3rd one down) he has a comparison to the Sabre.
Of course you can use different filters to myself with the Sabre (and Brooko does for his review and in that comparison to the P1), but I like balanced and/or bassy tonality, or even v-shaped rather than just bright, which is choice you get with the Sabre.

Good idea to get something cheap(er) but good in the mean time. I find it really ideal having a few options for different use cases; you don't always want to risk the big investment in every situation. Also different IEMs do better with different music and recording quality and sources and so on.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #4,753 of 4,830
Jul 24, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #4,755 of 4,830
I am interested in the Phoenix headphone only if it is capable of being a bass monster like the PM4 is after EQ+amp. This is how I think the PM4 is best. EQ down the 4.1 Khz, bump and the subbass up to be very precise bass cannons. If the phoenix can get that 10-20 Hz range right, I'll be happy. Yes, I'm refering to that sub-hearing range that shakes your skull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back