Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Mar 31, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #4,576 of 4,830
i recently rediscovered my OG delta after spending most of my time with my fidue A73.  i first went back to the sabre and was very underwhelmed, then the atlas - same but it's just used with BT for activities so not a huge deal.  then the delta and i was immediately happy again.  

I really hope the Icarus III will blow the deltas out of the water
I mean I pretty much paid the same price for both (deltas on black friday 2 years ago and icarus with the 100 off) but I hope there's been a lot of technical expertise gained by the guys at trinity 

I'm a huge fan of the Deltas.  I have OG Delta and Delta VII.  Was listening to some Tool the other day, and the RSA Predator and Delta VII-Gunmetal tips combination is wonderful.  I have always felt like Tool mixes their stuff a little different to try to blend all the instruments evenly instead of trying to bring vocals forward  (for example).  For that reason, I've always had a problem discerning some of Maynard's vocals.  But everything seemed so present the other day with the Delta VII.  I had to stop working and just listen for a bit.

I do have the Atlas-Delta on order as well as the Hunter.  Hunter since June and Black Friday discount for the AD.  I figured I had both the other Deltas, I might as well keep the Delta trend going.  As for Master or Icarus...  I'm in the same boat with those as I was when they designed and offered the original Atlas.  I was still waiting for my Delta when the Atlas was designed and released.  I love Trinity, but I'm going to wait and see what the equipment I have on order sounds like before I jump into something new.

Apr 1, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #4,578 of 4,830
  Well, looks like one more missed ship date. Awaiting the apologetic email.

And the next discount code? You know every apology email comes with a discount code
tongue.gif

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #4,581 of 4,830
I have not received the Deltas I ordered. This time it looks like even the email apology and extension of shipping date is even going to be late. Gotta say, I am getting concerned as to whether I will ever receive anything. Do they not have temp services in the UK? Seems like a few extra hands are needed to get the stuff shipped.

Apr 2, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #4,582 of 4,830
  I have not received the Deltas I ordered. This time it looks like even the email apology and extension of shipping date is even going to be late. Gotta say, I am getting concerned as to whether I will ever receive anything. Do they not have temp services in the UK? Seems like a few extra hands are needed to get the stuff shipped.

Late as it may be, I haven't seen them flat-out not deliver something yet so I'm not concerned about that particular possibility.

You think with the way they hand out discounts and stuff that they have enough to pay themselves AND some temp workers? Because I sure don't think that
rolleyes.gif

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #4,583 of 4,830
Well,probably isn't alot of money left after that. I've wondered if maybe financial issues might be the problem, but I'm hoping that isn't the case. I just find it frustrating that they continue to make promises they can't keep. Not fond of being strung along. I know as soon as I ask for a refund everything will be shipped.
frown.gif

Apr 3, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #4,584 of 4,830
  Well,probably isn't alot of money left after that. I've wondered if maybe financial issues might be the problem, but I'm hoping that isn't the case. I just find it frustrating that they continue to make promises they can't keep. Not fond of being strung along. I know as soon as I ask for a refund everything will be shipped.
frown.gif

You an a bunch of other people. Understandably enough. I doubt they're having financial issues per se, but their business model doesn't strike me as the kinda that churns out as high profit margins as some other manufacturers either. I think it's just the classic case of biting off more than you can chew; too many items slated for production and release in too small of a timeframe resulted in a backup of all products, leaving us in the predicament we're in now. It happens. It's partly their fault of course, but it's also a little on the part of the community; we were so used to them being transparent and communicative in the past that we take it for granted. Don't get me wrong, this sort of situation is still not right for any company, but the effect is simply magnified since they used to be very promising with the quality of service and the disconnect from now and then is so wide. I'll be glad to see them back on their feet in hopefully a couple months. Not saying the shipping of current releases will take that long.....or at least I hope they don't
tongue.gif

Apr 4, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #4,585 of 4,830
Anyone heard anything about the Vyrus V2s shipping? It seems there's a history of Trinity missing their dates (I'm patient and I got them more as a curiosity than anything, so no biggy there), just curious if there's any word at this point. 

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #4,586 of 4,830
  Anyone heard anything about the Vyrus V2s shipping? It seems there's a history of Trinity missing their dates (I'm patient and I got them more as a curiosity than anything, so no biggy there), just curious if there's any word at this point. 

Bob is back on the forums and answering questions. It was an unfortunate clash of his son being unwell and the workload from the pre-orders overwhelming him.

@crush summarized his replies here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/13245#post_13395837

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #4,587 of 4,830
Great, thanks for the info! Bummer his son was unwell, so hopefully that's all better. And I suppose too much demand is a good problem to have. It's nice to get an update, and like I said, no big deal on the deadline, I'm just glad to know what's going on. I'm used to similar delays with Kickstarters, and as long as there's some communication, it's all good.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #4,588 of 4,830

I bought the V1s a while back for the same reason, just out of curiosity. When they come you will like them. I believe the sound was tuned a tiny bit differently for the V2, but they are really enjoyable. For the price they are even really good and compete well against the Shure se215, although they each have their own strengths. I often switch between them, depending on my mood.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #4,589 of 4,830
  Great, thanks for the info! Bummer his son was unwell, so hopefully that's all better. And I suppose too much demand is a good problem to have. It's nice to get an update, and like I said, no big deal on the deadline, I'm just glad to know what's going on. I'm used to similar delays with Kickstarters, and as long as there's some communication, it's all good.

No problem! Well, depending on where you are located, I do believe your IEMs should be coming to you very soon....

Don't forget to share your impressions of them here!

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #4,590 of 4,830
guys...think this way, you've already waited x months, past your expected deadline, what's there to lose?

i had similar experience sorted out large orders with a very small team. it's not easy really. so i can be understanding here.

however i do think more often communication from trinity could improve people's expectation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back