Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
May 25, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #3,664 of 4,830
Sure, the Hyperion is a collectors iem now:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I actually think those are all fair prices:beers: If they are as bew and have all the accessories then I beed to seriously consider those $60 Techne's:open_mouth:

:beers:

I think i saw the remote version of Hyperion on amazon for like 30 bucks. hesitated a little and let it pass because i did not need cheap buds at that time. BIG MISTAKE lol

May 26, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #3,665 of 4,830
I think i saw the remote version of Hyperion on amazon for like 30 bucks. hesitated a little and let it pass because i did not need cheap buds at that time. BIG MISTAKE lol

Well they are a collectors item now if Bob built the Vyrus as their replacement and they only had the initial run built, I wonder how many Hyperion were actually built and sold? They are a great little all rounder but they are still his entry level iem. I gave mine to a friend and really never gave their rarety any thought until after I gave mine away:smirk:

May 26, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #3,666 of 4,830
i destroy and lose iem all the time. it's almost a habit. so nowadays i only carry around entry level stuff  outside the house. it's rare i did not want to stock up since i lose them so often, but that that particular time It just happened i did not need to lol.

For me the tiny form factor and cheap price is very attractive...too bad i would never know how it sounds.

May 26, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #3,667 of 4,830
Yep, I really wanted the Hyperions too. I wanted the non-mic version but they were out of stock at the time (September/October last year) and kept getting told that they would be back, so I held off buying the mic version. Then all of a sudden, the Vyrus is announced and Hyperions discontinued. Yay. Oh well, money is safe, I guess.

May 26, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #3,668 of 4,830
It was always our plan to make more but as we had more warranty claims than we was happy with on this model we had to make some changes for the better, hense the Vyrus.

The Vyrus sounds like the hyperion but better.

May 26, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #3,669 of 4,830
It was always our plan to make more but as we had more warranty claims than we was happy with on this model we had to make some changes for the better, hense the Vyrus.

The Vyrus sounds like the hyperion but better.

That's unfortunate to hear (about the warranty claims). The small form factor and design is what really made the Hyperions attractive to me, along with their lower price. I'm sure the Vyrus sounds great, but it is now CAD$40 more expensive than the Hyperions (which actually ends up being the same price that I paid for my V1 Deltas). 

May 26, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #3,670 of 4,830
  That's unfortunate to hear (about the warranty claims). The small form factor and design is what really made the Hyperions attractive to me, along with their lower price. I'm sure the Vyrus sounds great, but it is now CAD$40 more expensive than the Hyperions (which actually ends up being the same price that I paid for my V1 Deltas). 

Yeah, that's the thing about it. I have no doubt the Vyrus sounds better, it just that those added development costs bring the price above the entry-level price nature of the Hyperion. Shame it couldn't be continued due to the warranty claims, but I get it. Sometimes, business decisions just have to come first.

May 26, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #3,671 of 4,830
  Yeah, that's the thing about it. I have no doubt the Vyrus sounds better, it just that those added development costs bring the price above the entry-level price nature of the Hyperion. Shame it couldn't be continued due to the warranty claims, but I get it. Sometimes, business decisions just have to come first.

Yep and I can appreciate Bob makes that decision and gets on with things
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

May 26, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #3,672 of 4,830
It's not just a business decision but also a decision for our customers , better QC means a better experience for you guys. Now the long term durability is vastly improved and if a cable ever breaks we just swap out a new one during warranty or after warranty it's a cheap fix for you guys.

May 26, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #3,675 of 4,830

Users who are viewing this thread

Back