Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Oct 29, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #2,671 of 4,830

Yep, feeling the spike.  I know the Deltas and Hyperions were tuned with the help of Head-fi folk with deservedly great reputations but I think they like a brighter/brassier signature than I do.

I love the form factor of the Hyperion and I'm hoping the next version will be a l'il closer to a sound signature I can live with than the current version.  Of course this is just my subjective desire; for many the sound signature might be bang-on already.

Very much could be that they like a brighter signature than you do. But also just that they could be older than you as well and just aren't as affected by the treble spike. @Brooko, for example, I believe he's in his late 40's (unless he's lying on his reviews
very_evil_smiley.gif
lol), but he does also list that he has no sensitivity to treble (whether or not it's age-related, who cares?). I personally prefer a more bass-mid mix with slightly rolled-off treble. Slight v-shape is my second go-to and I have some of the best I can afford in that tuning so I'm pretty happy. The Hyperion goes just a little over for me in that tuning setup so even if it stays v-shaped, I hope to see it being less prominent than it is currently with introduction of more mids.

Oct 29, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #2,672 of 4,830
Yep - late 40's, steering down the barrel of 50 (less than 2 years away).  Also have low level tinnitus, and my effective hearing tops out at around 15 kHz (there isn't a lot up there at those frequencies apart from harmonics anyway).

I do like a cleaner earphone - but my preferences usually lie in having a little more in the presence are around the 4-8 kHz mark (helps with female vocals especially).

I'd agree with the Hyperions being a bit bright - but also pretty V shaped.  They have a point of difference vs the myriad of warmer bassier "general consumer sound oriented" earphones that are prevalent today. My kids love their Hyperions (12 and 14), and they also have a pair or UE6000 (Emma) and Momenutm on-ears (Mathew) which both could be described as warmer with less treble presence.

I guess it's a matter of what you get used to.

What I love about the Trinity line is the tuning options (and build quality) so that you do have choice in your own personal tuning as well.

Oct 29, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #2,675 of 4,830
  Yep - late 40's, steering down the barrel of 50 (less than 2 years away).  Also have low level tinnitus, and my effective hearing tops out at around 15 kHz (there isn't a lot up there at those frequencies apart from harmonics anyway).

I do like a cleaner earphone - but my preferences usually lie in having a little more in the presence are around the 4-8 kHz mark (helps with female vocals especially).

I'd agree with the Hyperions being a bit bright - but also pretty V shaped.  They have a point of difference vs the myriad of warmer bassier "general consumer sound oriented" earphones that are prevalent today. My kids love their Hyperions (12 and 14), and they also have a pair or UE6000 (Emma) and Momenutm on-ears (Mathew) which both could be described as warmer with less treble presence.

I guess it's a matter of what you get used to.

What I love about the Trinity line is the tuning options (and build quality) so that you do have choice in your own personal tuning as well.

I do like an IEM that has good, but not overdone, vocal presence. High treble energy can be fatiguing, but for me, the Hyperion has enough low end grunt to mostly even it out which isn't always the case with other IEMs. The thing about the Hyperions at their price point is that there is literally nothing built better or with a better accessory pack and how well it resolves compared to others. The problem I find with others in the price range, even if they have a similar sort of sound sig, is that something sounds muffled (different from recessed) or it doesn't have enough body to it. Hyperion doesn't seem to have those problems for me. Main complaint really just would be to slightly tame the treble and bring out the mids a little more (which Bob is already doing
etysmile.gif
)

I hope Matthew doesn't wear glasses. Cuz if he's like me, on-ears and glasses just don't mix on the comfort level.

Oct 29, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #2,676 of 4,830
Hey guys

Working away on so much recently i have been a little quiet on here.

So as discussed the hyperion is getting a little rework to lift the mids, keeping the bass and trying to smooth the highs a little. Also a small rework on the design and reduce the size a little bit (not much, but a reduction never the less).

Also the sports in production and final production tweaks all finished and just finalised the bluetooth cable design.

Phantoms are now in prototyping after finally figering out the BA layout so as too keep the size small for both the Pure and Bass versions.

Just also completed the new pcb so its supersmall for the Phantom Air and made new moulds for the new batteries, now we just have to try a dynamic and a BA setup to see which i like best.

Fingers crossed for early impressions before the end of the year, time will tell.

Next gen Delta will get a little tweak to the sound also, but that wont be until next year now.

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #2,677 of 4,830
Hey guys

So as discussed the hyperion is getting a little rework to lift the mids, keeping the bass and trying to smooth the highs a little. Also a small rework on the design and reduce the size a little bit (not much, but a reduction never the less).

Also the sports in production and final production tweaks all finished and just finalised the bluetooth cable design.

Phantoms are now in prototyping after finally figering out the BA layout so as too keep the size small for both the Pure and Bass versions.

Just also completed the new pcb so its supersmall for the Phantom Air and made new moulds for the new batteries, now we just have to try a dynamic and a BA setup to see which i like best.

Fingers crossed for early impressions before the end of the year, time will tell.

Next gen Delta will get a little tweak to the sound also, but that wont be until next year now.

Phantoms are already at prototyping? Wow, moving fast Bob. Comfortable telling us what drivers are responsible for what frequencies (low, mid, treble)? It's fine if you aren't, you did just get to the prototyping stage after all. I will be super grateful of your work in making it small and still a universal. Everything I've seen that's a universal with more than 4 BAs is large and I really can't fit that too comfortably in my ears. If they're gonna be stealth, they can't stick out too much
biggrin.gif
. It's what I loved about the Earwerkz Supra 2; low profile and fits in my ears perfectly without sticking out. They are easily the most comfortable pair of IEMs I've tried that use that kind of pseudo-CIEM universal shell. My dream is that you can reproduce that size with 6 BAs, but physics tells me otherwise
tongue.gif
though I'm sure you'll do your damned best to make them as small as you can.

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #2,678 of 4,830
Phantoms are already at prototyping? Wow, moving fast Bob. Comfortable telling us what drivers are responsible for what frequencies (low, mid, treble)? It's fine if you aren't, you did just get to the prototyping stage after all. I will be super grateful of your work in making it small and still a universal. Everything I've seen that's a universal with more than 4 BAs is large and I really can't fit that too comfortably in my ears. If they're gonna be stealth, they can't stick out too much :D . It's what I loved about the Earwerkz Supra 2; low profile and fits in my ears perfectly without sticking out. They are easily the most comfortable pair of IEMs I've tried that use that kind of pseudo-CIEM universal shell. My dream is that you can reproduce that size with 6 BAs, but physics tells me otherwise :p though I'm sure you'll do your damned best to make them as small as you can.

The aim is to make them not much bigger than the Atlas. We have had to figure out an internal rig to hold the BAs so we didnt have wires all over the place.

On the pures we will use 3 dual BAs to meet our space requirements. On each set of pures there is over £100 worth of drivers before we even get into everything else.

All i will say on drivers is that they are NOT knowles drivers as i really dont like the sound they produce personally.

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #2,679 of 4,830
Hey guys

Are the tweaked models getting any kind of name revision? v2 or something? Just curious, I'm not familiar with product development so I wasn't sure if in-place feature updates are a normal thing.

Bob, I love my Deltas, I need Trinity to have a trade-up program, lol.

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #2,680 of 4,830
The only thing I will say is that there seem to be many revisions an updates coming along very quickly, which though is great, also makes those who purchased the product almost immediately regret not having waited a bit longer. I am extremely happy with my Deltas, which I got barely a month ago. Since then, the gold filters have come out, which I had to order separately, and now there is already talks for a revision coming along. The thing has barely come out and we are already talking about revisions! 

Of course, if you can improve the product, it's great for future customers, but if one is finding things to improve on so quickly maybe its a sign the final product should have hit the shelves a bit later? Makes one feel like a guinea pig! I love the Deltas, anyway.

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #2,681 of 4,830
The aim is to make them not much bigger than the Atlas. We have had to figure out an internal rig to hold the BAs so we didnt have wires all over the place.

On the pures we will use 3 dual BAs to meet our space requirements. On each set of pures there is over £100 worth of drivers before we even get into everything else.

All i will say on drivers is that they are NOT knowles drivers as i really dont like the sound they produce personally.

Nice, something NOT using Knowles drivers, that's a nice thing to hear since it seems a lot of people don't like the way those sound.
  The only thing I will say is that there seem to be many revisions an updates coming along very quickly, which though is great, also makes those who purchased the product almost immediately regret not having waited a bit longer. I am extremely happy with my Deltas, which I got barely a month ago. Since then, the gold filters have come out, which I had to order separately, and now there is already talks for a revision coming along. The thing has barely come out and we are already talking about revisions! 

Of course, if you can improve the product, it's great for future customers, but if one is finding things to improve on so quickly maybe its a sign the final product should have hit the shelves a bit later? Makes one feel like a guinea pig! I love the Deltas, anyway.

The other thing is though that the creative process is all about revisions. You're never really done with a product, there's always some room for improvement which I'm sure Bob is well aware of. It seems to me the idea behind this entire Trinity Audio Engineering project is to buck trends in every way possible. Pricing lower than the tradition brands. Build quality better than others at every price point. If you think about another thing he's striking at, it's that the established companies put out their IEMs, but they run for many years as that same IEM even when they and others know what the flaws are and know how to fix them. Bob, being the trend-bucker, is exploring the idea of "we know what to tweak right now, so why not tweak it right now?" It makes sense to start putting out a better product when you can, not holding those tweaks back for a couple years before releasing. That results in the best representation of the company's ability being in the hands of consumers at all times, not once every few years. I swear, it seems like if Bob could do over-the-air updates the way Tesla does with their cars, he would. Hence why I'm always surprise like I am above about how quickly plans are moving along, it really is going by quickly. Make no mistake though, we aren't guinea pigs, that's left up to the few he's chosen to test the prototypes for him
etysmile.gif

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #2,684 of 4,830

Phantoms are already at prototyping? Wow, moving fast Bob. Comfortable telling us what drivers are responsible for what frequencies (low, mid, treble)? It's fine if you aren't, you did just get to the prototyping stage after all. I will be super grateful of your work in making it small and still a universal. Everything I've seen that's a universal with more than 4 BAs is large and I really can't fit that too comfortably in my ears. If they're gonna be stealth, they can't stick out too much
biggrin.gif
. It's what I loved about the Earwerkz Supra 2; low profile and fits in my ears perfectly without sticking out. They are easily the most comfortable pair of IEMs I've tried that use that kind of pseudo-CIEM universal shell. My dream is that you can reproduce that size with 6 BAs, but physics tells me otherwise
tongue.gif
though I'm sure you'll do your damned best to make them as small as you can.

Seems that we have extremely similar tastes my friend. 
beerchug.gif

Are the tweaked models getting any kind of name revision? v2 or something? Just curious, I'm not familiar with product development so I wasn't sure if in-place feature updates are a normal thing.

Bob, I love my Deltas, I need Trinity to have a trade-up program, lol.

Totally second a trade-up program. (Though the actual implementation will be sticky..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back