Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Jan 1, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #4,398 of 4,830
Anyone has heard the new Master and can shed some light as to how it compares to the original Delta? I am considering doing the upgrade, but would like some indication about the sound.

I'm interested in the new Master as well. I'd like a bit more information regarding sound signature and personality. I can't stand wearing wires over the ear, so if the Master cannot be worn down I will opt out.

Jan 1, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #4,399 of 4,830
I'm interested in the new Master as well. I'd like a bit more information regarding sound signature and personality. I can't stand wearing wires over the ear, so if the Master cannot be worn down I will opt out.

Seems like someone doesn't like reduced microphonics or like 90% of earphones above 200 dollars

Jan 2, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #4,400 of 4,830
Have not follow Trinity closely since my Vyrus purchase so can anyone help me with what's the difference between the alpha delta hybrid and the new Phantom Master. It seems both are dual coil dynamic + dual BA so i'm not sure what is the distinct difference that justify their price difference. Thanks in advance.

Jan 2, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #4,401 of 4,830
Have not follow Trinity closely since my Vyrus purchase so can anyone help me with what's the difference between the alpha delta hybrid and the new Phantom Master. It seems both are dual coil dynamic + dual BA so i'm not sure what is the distinct difference that justify their price difference. Thanks in advance.

All new Trinity products will be using their "dual-coil" driver, which is a single dynamic driver with two voice coils.

The Master has two dual coil drivers, set up in a push/pull configuration to reduce distortion. Also, I think the BA drivers used are slightly different to the Atlas-Delta, but don't quite me on that as it's just from memory. So, basic difference - two dynamic drivers instead of one, and set up in Push/Pull. Hope that helps?

Jan 2, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #4,402 of 4,830

I posted some impressions of the pre-production Master and some comparisons up earlier in the thread - you should be able to find them using the search function?

To confirm, the ergonomic design of the shells and fixed cable above the Y-split will make it very difficult to wear these down - they have been designed to be worn over-ear.

Jan 2, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #4,403 of 4,830
All new Trinity products will be using their "dual-coil" driver, which is a single dynamic driver with two voice coils.

The Master has two dual coil drivers, set up in a push/pull configuration to reduce distortion. Also, I think the BA drivers used are slightly different to the Atlas-Delta, but don't quite me on that as it's just from memory. So, basic difference - two dynamic drivers instead of one, and set up in Push/Pull. Hope that helps?
Thank you so much for the clarification! So it's 2DD + 2BA in the Master while 1DD + 2BA in the Atlas Delta.
I see that you have heard the pre-production new Phantom Master so do you by any chance have heard of the Atlas Delta as well ? It'd be great if i can get impressions on both for a comparison. Tempted for both but Master is a little off budget unless i can justify the extra bucks spent.

Jan 2, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #4,405 of 4,830
I posted some impressions of the pre-production Master and some comparisons up earlier in the thread - you should be able to find them using the search function?

To confirm, the ergonomic design of the shells and fixed cable above the Y-split will make it very difficult to wear these down - they have been designed to be worn over-ear.

I didn't see your impressions earlier. Thanks for posting the impressions. The Master is not for me.

Jan 2, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #4,408 of 4,830
I know that I'm weird, but I care much more about isolation than some of the fine nuances in audio quality. I've got the Atlas Deltas on preorder, and the Master upgrade is a nice deal - but... which will likely provide the greater isolation? TIA

Jan 2, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #4,409 of 4,830
Make that 2 questions - does the Atlas Delta have MMCX connectors?  Which of the bluetooth cables will work?

The Atlas-Delta will have a new cable system from Trinity.
Y split cable which detaches at the split and a BT module can be attached or a cable with a plug 3.5 mm( or maybe 2.5 mm)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back