Introducing the Questyle M15 & the brand new Questyle Shop!
May 18, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #136 of 988
@ducnsh

I'm not quite sure if I entirely understand your question...

The M15 is a MQA "renderer", and it completes the final unfold of the MQA stream using its internal hardware, when connected to an MQA core signal. The M15 is NOT a "full decoder" however... aka, it needs to be attached to a device (such as a phone or computer) with software that can perform the initial " MQA core decoding," and then from there it can complete the final unfold.

Yes, the final unfold multiplier can be 16x, depending on the original MQA stream's compression multiplier.
Why is it limited to renderer instead of full decoder? Power consumption and space limits (for the usb transceiver and processor)?

I am interested in the m15 (to replace my current transportables), but I wish for a slightly more powerful, battery powered unit, preferably with full mqa decoder support. Maybe that’s too much of a niche market.

Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #137 of 988
@tamtrum So glad you could get your hands on our little baby so quickly! Let us all know what you think of it, please!

@KuroKitsu @audiobot @tamtrum
I talked with the team today. If you ended up purchasing the M15 from HifiGo (or any other similar, non-direct distributor), don't worry 😄 just contact us at our email info@questyle.com and we will take care of you.

@KuroKitsu On the other hand, if you decide to wait for Bluebird to launch the M15 officially and get it from them, also don't fear. This "complementary leather protective case" offer is not a game, it's not a race against time... it's just a way to say thank you to our loyal customers and fans. So if Bluebird only starts offering the M15 three weeks from now, we will simply go back and revise the cut-off date of this offer to make it fair to everyone. Easy peasy. ❤️
Does the free case still apply? Audio46 now has them in stock and Im debating getting one.

May 18, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #138 of 988
Update on my experience.

Customer experience:
Ordered direct, arrived from China to Uk in less than 5 days - amazing customer service and communication.

Sound Quality:
Full disclosure - I was a mixing engineer for 15 years - I‘ve worked with artists from Paul McCartney, Micheal Jackson, London philharmonic orchestra through to Paul Weller and 1000’s of artists.

Using my reference recordings and masters - tracks I actually recorded, placed the microphones and captured live and overseen the mix and mastering of - I hear master quality reproduction - timing, phase, detail macro and micro and imaging is studio quality nothing added or taken away.

Want to hear your music as the artist intended - look no further, I’ve used driving an active PMC monitoring system and various headphones.

Highly recommended.

Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #139 of 988
@RestrictedPocket Glad it was a nice surprise for you 😄 Same for me, the first time I saw the sample of the product a number of months back, I was really shocked. It has a very special kind of beauty to it, I think. Happy you like it!

Out of curiosity, where did you end up ordering from?
I ordered it directly from your official online store.

Where did you get the red case from?
From Questyle official online store, was free with my purchase of the M15.

May 18, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #140 of 988
20220518_190625.jpg

May 18, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #141 of 988
(Deleted)

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #142 of 988
Update on my experience.

Customer experience:
Ordered direct, arrived from China to Uk in less than 5 days - amazing customer service and communication.

Sound Quality:
Full disclosure - I was a mixing engineer for 15 years - I‘ve worked with artists from Paul McCartney, Micheal Jackson, London philharmonic orchestra through to Paul Weller and 1000’s of artists.

Using my reference recordings and masters - tracks I actually recorded, placed the microphones and captured live and overseen the mastering of - I hear master quality reproduction - timing, phase, detail macro and micro and imaging is studio quality nothing added or taken away.

Want to hear your music as the artist intended - look no further, I’ve used driving an active PMC monitoring system and various headphones.

Highly recommended.
What the hell, you have worked with McCartney, Jackson etc. ?? As you mentioned microphone placements, I guess as an engineer?

I definitely will be buying the M15 (to replace my M12) soon!

May 19, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #144 of 988
I am really beginning to love the M15. It has zero coloration, impressive power to drive. I do detect a slight forwardness at times in some recordings. It has a natural, yet dynamic feel.
20220518_190649.jpg20220518_190654.jpg

May 19, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #146 of 988
@manueljenkin You're absolutely right, it's all about power consumption and space. We wanted to optimize this to be as powerful as possible and yet as small as possible, and so we decided to make it a renderer instead of full decoder.

@RPJ12 Yes, the offer still is valid! Just send your purchase details (such as dealer purchased from, purchase order number, purchase date, etc), the M15 serial number, and your detailed contact information and shipping address to our email (info@questyle.com) and we will deliver the leather protective cover to you for free.

@Helioscentric Thank you so much for the review 😄 We are very happy to make a product that really shines, especially in the eyes of someone with your history and experience.

@subguy812 Very glad to hear your review and thoughts 😄 thank you for sharing!

@Dietmar Görtz It is real glass, not plastic. We only do the real deal, baby! ❤️

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
May 24, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #148 of 988
Symphony in brown. Very clear, transparent, dynamic imaging without ever being sterile or analytical ("Topping").

A great device.

IMG_0725.jpg
I totally agree with this impression. Just auditioned the M15 at a local audio store using UM MEXT, MEST and MMR Gae Bolg, using my Huawei P30 Pro as a source.
Also had a quick comparison with the RU6 (NOS) and for my preference while considering my music library, I am leaning towards the M15 😊

May 24, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #149 of 988
I totally agree with this impression. Just auditioned the M15 at a local audio store using UM MEXT, MEST and MMR Gae Bolg, using my Huawei P30 Pro as a source.
Also had a quick comparison with the RU6 (NOS) and for my preference while considering my music library, I am leaning towards the M15 😊
And who knows, maybe the M15 is leaning toward you too! 😉 A match made in heaven.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
May 24, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #150 of 988
I purchased the QP1R a while ago - and I am sold on the Questyle sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back