Introducing the Questyle M15 & the brand new Questyle Shop!
Apr 26, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #76 of 988
What for do you need one?
Oh yea, i was having a chat with a guy who has a M15 in an audio cafe, said he recently RMA the m15. I was like surprised, he is the first to return... and i tested the faulty m15 turned out the gain led lighted turquoise and outputing no sound and try connected to my laptop and detected ESS DAC instead of M15 as an output source and also no sound, confirm its totally not fucntional. Eventually he got it replaced.
So i asked him what had led to this situation. Actually, he used the 4.4mm to 4.4mm interconnect from the m15 to the ifi Zen Can amp as a result...
So we were advised by the friendly service to not connect to any amp for the time being until it has been sorted... So he(service guy) assume be a software issue.
I dunno man mine working fine, however, i will heed the service guy's advice for now....
*Don't let this be a blockade to your purchasing process as its just from a single source unless a mass feedback of the same issue that will be a problem...

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #77 of 988
Oh yea, i was having a chat with a guy who has a M15 in an audio cafe, said he recently RMA the m15. I was like surprised, he is the first to return... and i tested the faulty m15 turned out the gain led lighted turquoise and outputing no sound and try connected to my laptop and detected ESS DAC instead of M15 as an output source and also no sound, confirm its totally not fucntional. Eventually he got it replaced.
So i asked him what had led to this situation. Actually, he used the 4.4mm to 4.4mm interconnect from the m15 to the ifi Zen Can amp as a result...
So we were advised by the friendly service to not connect to any amp for the time being until it has been sorted... So he(service guy) assume be a software issue.
I dunno man mine working fine, however, i will heed the service guy's advice for now....
*Don't let this be a blockade to your purchasing process as its just from a single source unless a mass feedback of the same issue that will be a problem...
Not my intention
Just laptop or cellphone -> IEM or headphone

Apr 26, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #78 of 988
@Questyle Will we be getting a software update for the M15 in the future?
What for do you need one?
lol yeah was gonna ask...... what issue do you have that requires an update?

EDIT: Nevermind I see the reply now, ignore my post lol.

Also yes my intention is to use directly to my headphone if I do purchase one, should be ok......

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #79 of 988
@Fawzay

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I'll forward this right now to the engineering team and see what they have to say. Very strange that this issue would happen, as we designed the M15 to work with IEMs, headphones, and amps/stereo systems... so we will check into this right away and see what's the issue. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thank you again for spending the time to share this with me. Really, thank you.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Apr 26, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #80 of 988
Bought the robot cameo
dbrand skin from their recent April fools promotion and thought the M15 would be a great candidate for it! Connected to the type c port is a magnetic c port adapter so I don’t wear the port out from daily usage.

B44F5B2F-95F1-494E-AD48-6DF36CA3145E.jpeg

Attachments

• EEDFF6C2-6ABE-4231-8EFD-5A56AAD880B7.jpeg
    EEDFF6C2-6ABE-4231-8EFD-5A56AAD880B7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 47F636B4-B218-4381-94CD-8C6866C534DF.jpeg
    47F636B4-B218-4381-94CD-8C6866C534DF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #81 of 988
@tamtrum
Wow, that skin looks AMAZING with the M15!! Good pick! I'll talk to the team and see if we can come up with some pre-cut skins for the M15 in the near future...

@Fawzay
Still looking into this issue for you, thank you for your patience.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Apr 27, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #83 of 988
@Dietmar Görtz

The M15 leather cases are not available for individual resale just yet (but will be soon).

In the meantime, if you want a leather protective case, please send your purchase details (such as dealer purchased from, purchase order number, purchase date, etc), the M15 serial number, and your detailed contact information and shipping address to our email (info@questyle.com) and we will deliver the leather protective cover to you for free!

Apr 27, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #84 of 988
That’s a good looking dongle. Those lights don’t look blinding like the Moondrop Moon River 2.
Indeed, Moonriver 2 is killing my eyes at night when listening to music in the dark lol.

Can't wait to compare the M15 to RU6, the Dense and of course the Moonriver 2.

Though and dynamic times for the "dongle battle" :wink:

Apr 27, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #86 of 988
I don’t know if it’s my unit or all units but if I have the M15 next to my iPhone 12 in certain orientations, like back of the M15 right up against the right side of the iPhone(where the power button is). Even with airplane mode on/off, Bluetooth on/off I can hear a static-esque sound through my iems. So if I have the m15 in my pocket alongside my iPhone, once in a while I’ll hear a static sound, it can be annoying. Anyone here want to try replicating on theirs?

Apr 27, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #87 of 988
Still looking into this issue for you, thank you for your patience.
Mine is working fine with no issue whatsoever, I hoped the RMA'ed M15 will be sent back for analysis. :)

Apr 28, 2022 at 1:39 AM Post #89 of 988
I don’t know if it’s my unit or all units but if I have the M15 next to my iPhone 12 in certain orientations, like back of the M15 right up against the right side of the iPhone(where the power button is). Even with airplane mode on/off, Bluetooth on/off I can hear a static-esque sound through my iems. So if I have the m15 in my pocket alongside my iPhone, once in a while I’ll hear a static sound, it can be annoying. Anyone here want to try replicating on theirs?
@tamtrum Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I just told the engineers this issue and I'll get back to you as soon as I have more details.

@Fawzay Regarding your question, I have an answer. There is a high possibility that it is due to corrupt firmware. This is a known issue to us... a small percentage of the M15 products from our first batch had a firmware corruption; these devices still work perfectly under most conditions but sometime do experience issues under certain settings. The good news is that this firmware issue only affects the first batch of products, and only a small percentage of that first batch at that. All subsequent batches do not have this issue.

If your friend still had the product, they could have easily updated the newest firmware using a PC. But no worries, RMA is also ok, and we'll just send him a new M15 entirely. 😄

Apr 28, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #90 of 988
@tamtrum Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I just told the engineers this issue and I'll get back to you as soon as I have more details.

@Fawzay Regarding your question, I have an answer. There is a high possibility that it is due to corrupt firmware. This is a known issue to us... a small percentage of the M15 products from our first batch had a firmware corruption; these devices still work perfectly under most conditions but sometime do experience issues under certain settings. The good news is that this firmware issue only affects the first batch of products, and only a small percentage of that first batch at that. All subsequent batches do not have this issue.

If your friend still had the product, they could have easily updated the newest firmware using a PC. But no worries, RMA is also ok, and we'll just send him a new M15 entirely. 😄
Your customer engagement is amazing and you should be applauded for your response and communication, very few brands manage to achieve this. I‘m senior marketing manager for an organisation that owns 25 pro audio brands, I would love our brands to have this level of customer and community engagement - well done.

I will be purchasing direct from your web store tomorrow, is there any way to ensure I receive a black case?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back