Introducing the Questyle M15 & the brand new Questyle Shop!
Apr 28, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #91 of 988
@Helioscentric Thank you for your very generous words 😄 Really, thank you.

We are trying really hard to bring our customer & community engagement up to to the same high standards of our engineering and our products... so I'm very glad that we are finally doing it right, and that we are finally providing the service and care that our customers deserve. ❤️

And, I'm so glad that you'll be using the new Questyle Shop! Let me know if you have any recommendations or ideas to improve the site, we're all ears! And regarding the color of the case — due to the logistics of how we ship the M15, it's very difficult to ensure which color you'll get. But I'll chat with the team and see if there's anything we can do.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Apr 28, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #93 of 988
@tamtrum Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I just told the engineers this issue and I'll get back to you as soon as I have more details.

@Fawzay Regarding your question, I have an answer. There is a high possibility that it is due to corrupt firmware. This is a known issue to us... a small percentage of the M15 products from our first batch had a firmware corruption; these devices still work perfectly under most conditions but sometime do experience issues under certain settings. The good news is that this firmware issue only affects the first batch of products, and only a small percentage of that first batch at that. All subsequent batches do not have this issue.

If your friend still had the product, they could have easily updated the newest firmware using a PC. But no worries, RMA is also ok, and we'll just send him a new M15 entirely. 😄
Thanks for responding! Really hoping it’s just my unit and I can exchange it and not across all units! Looking forward to the engineering team’s response.

Apr 29, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #94 of 988
Hi Questyle

First - unit arrived - just began listening

Second - Are there drivers available for the PC to recognize the m15? I wanted to upgrade to the latest firmware.

20220427_191448.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #95 of 988
Hi Questyle

First - unit arrived - just began listening

Second - Are there drives available for the PC to recognize the m15? I wanted to upgrade to the latest firmware.

20220427_191448.jpg
Looking forward to your impression!

Sorry a quick question, from what I gathered it sounds like M15 is clean and dynamic from what everyone is saying.

Is it safe to assume the tonality is closer to the neutral side? Not warm and not cold? Thanks!

Apr 29, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #96 of 988
Looking forward to your impression!

Sorry a quick question, from what I gathered it sounds like M15 is clean and dynamic from what everyone is saying.

Is it safe to assume the tonality is closer to the neutral side? Not warm and not cold? Thanks!
It’s a bit v shaped in my experience

Apr 29, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #98 of 988
It’s a bit v shaped in my experience

I was hoping at this level that it would be dead neutral...

I'm curious if the M12 is v-shaped or neutral?

Apr 29, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #99 of 988
@tamtrum Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I just told the engineers this issue and I'll get back to you as soon as I have more details.

@Fawzay Regarding your question, I have an answer. There is a high possibility that it is due to corrupt firmware. This is a known issue to us... a small percentage of the M15 products from our first batch had a firmware corruption; these devices still work perfectly under most conditions but sometime do experience issues under certain settings. The good news is that this firmware issue only affects the first batch of products, and only a small percentage of that first batch at that. All subsequent batches do not have this issue.

If your friend still had the product, they could have easily updated the newest firmware using a PC. But no worries, RMA is also ok, and we'll just send him a new M15 entirely. 😄
That's great! thanks for replying and also the engineering team to able to resolve this issue swiftly. Essentially, we all appreciate the honesty and I wish you(Questyle) and the people who read this, to have a blessed day ahead and enjoy some music! :)

Apr 29, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #100 of 988
Does the vocal gets pushed back too much or still has enough presence? Otherwise v shaped is good for me as long vocal doesn't get drown out, thanks!!!
I wouldn’t say so from my listening so far.

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #101 of 988
@Helioscentric

I talked with the team, and here's what they said:

Go ahead and purchase the M15 on the Questyle Shop, and just make sure to leave a message listing your preferred color during checkout, and we will do our best to send that color case to you. You can also email us at info@questyle.com after you make your purchase on Questyle Shop to request a specific color.

@subguy812

When you connect the M15 to your PC, is it not functioning properly?

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Apr 30, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #102 of 988
I wouldn’t say so from my listening so far.
Thank you for helping me answer all the questions!!! Sorry one last question and I'll stop bugging you guys LOL.

I guess I'm trying to understand the tonality of this device. My preference is a bit more like bolder rich kind of sound, would this be more in the clean and clear direction?

By bolder and rich I'm guessing with a bit more mid bass and upper mid presence? Sometimes I find it hard to explain sound with words.

So would this not be what I'm looking for? Again there is no right or wrong but just wondering about preference, thanks!

May 1, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #104 of 988
@Helioscentric

I talked with the team, and here's what they said:

Go ahead and purchase the M15 on the Questyle Shop, and just make sure to leave a message listing your preferred color during checkout, and we will do our best to send that color case to you. You can also email us at info@questyle.com after you make your purchase on Questyle Shop to request a specific color.

@subguy812

When you connect the M15 to your PC, is it not functioning properly?
Thank you I have ordered and emailed your team as per your reply - my order number is #1008 - hope you can assist with request for black case.

May 1, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #105 of 988
Thank you for helping me answer all the questions!!! Sorry one last question and I'll stop bugging you guys LOL.

I guess I'm trying to understand the tonality of this device. My preference is a bit more like bolder rich kind of sound, would this be more in the clean and clear direction?

By bolder and rich I'm guessing with a bit more mid bass and upper mid presence? Sometimes I find it hard to explain sound with words.

So would this not be what I'm looking for? Again there is no right or wrong but just wondering about preference, thanks!

I think it's what you're after. I find the sound bold and robust and vocals still full bodied. The clarity helps with the highs. It's very musical, fun and clear. I'd say it's pretty accurate to what @Fawzay said.

I was really surprised when I listened to old EDM flacs. The bass and mid bass is lovely, vocals come through clearly, but the M15 surfaces more timbre and textures I've never heard before. Listening to slower acoustic vocal tracks, the voices are definitely not recessed. It complements my DT 990 Pro superbly. But on hi-gain, I'm almost maxing the volume control on my Mac—I thought it'd drive the headphones more easily.

Richie Hawtin's Contain (In Key) sounds incredible.

(But I'm no audiophile and don't keep up with dac tech, I upgraded from an OG DACport Slim.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back