Introducing the Noble Audio Falcon T.W.S. and the Tux 5....Oh, and Prestige Universals!
May 2, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #331 of 352
Just bought a set and used them for the first time tonight at work. I also had a little hiccup while attempting to upgrade firmware but got it sorted out.

Hi Mark, can kindly share what did you do, or anyone else who have experience in updating the firmware?

1) I had reset the earphones (put them in holder, hold both buttons for > 10 secs, remove them and pair them again to my iPhone X
2) I hold the Left falcon button for more than 15 secs until i hear 4 beep tones (it goes from 1 beep, then 2 beeps, 3, then 4...)
3) BOTH earphones are placed back into the holders.
4) I turn on the Noble Update App, it can see that there is available update for the Left Falcon.
5) I select that, then I reach a screen which shows a Progress Bar, and at the bottom right is a "START" Button.
6) I click the START on my phone screen, an error msg pops out immediately to say "Update Failed, App not Ready".

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated. I love the music on the earphones very much.

Thank you!

Last edited:
May 2, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #332 of 352
Hi Mark, can kindly share what did you do, or anyone else who have experience in updating the firmware?

1) I had reset the earphones (put them in holder, hold both buttons for > 10 secs, remove them and pair them again to my iPhone X
2) I hold the Left falcon button for more than 15 secs until i hear 4 beep tones (it goes from 1 beep, then 2 beeps, 3, then 4...)
3) BOTH earphones are placed back into the holders.
4) I turn on the Noble Update App, it can see that there is available update for the Left Falcon.
5) I select that, then I reach a screen which shows a Progress Bar, and at the bottom right is a "START" Button.
6) I click the START on my phone screen, an error msg pops out immediately to say "Update Failed, App not Ready".

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated. I love the music on the earphones very much.

Thank you!

So i had the very same issue whilst trying to update firmware. What eventually worked for me was doing what you're doing, step by step, over and over again. Finally, the progress bar made it to 100% and then was able to start on the other side. It might help if when the progress bar gets stuck, turn your bluetooth off and back on again and try from scratch. Also close the update app and re-open. I'm not sure what makes it hang like that but it took me awhile also. I had to 'reset' them several times by putting them back into the charger and holding the buttons for 10 seconds also. Sorry that you're experiencing this. It's super frustrating for sure.

May 3, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #333 of 352
Hi Mark, Thanks for your response! You're more lucky than me because at least you can get it started.

I can't, every time i click on the bottom right "Start", the error message pops up immediately. No chance for the progress bar to move at all...

May 3, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #334 of 352
Hi Mark, Thanks for your response! You're more lucky than me because at least you can get it started.

I can't, every time i click on the bottom right "Start", the error message pops up immediately. No chance for the progress bar to move at all...

Hi Mark, Got the issue solved. Basically the beep for step 2 (15 secs) is different, a series of different tones actually. Which meant i wasn't holding it long enough and wasn't in the correct firmware updating mode.

Anyway it works now and I'm enjoying the music.

Thanks!

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #335 of 352
Haha Solved (I hope)... at Step 2, after the 4 beeps, continue holding and you will hear some other ring tones. then THATs the update mode....

It's weird, I never heard anything after the 4 beeps when I first tried but the repetition seemed to finally get them to enter update mode. I'm glad you're seeing progress! This is way more difficult than it should be ha!

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #338 of 352
Well, I accidentally made an experiment to the Falcon two weeks ago - I had the backpack, with the Falcon and case inside, washed, and then rinsed (2 times), by my washing machine. It was an expensive experiment, but I am happy to report that the Falcon and the case have survived.

Testing Environment:
Washing Machine: a good old German Miele
Washing + Rinsing Time: ~60 minutes
Detergent: Lion Nanox Detergent
Rinsing Speed: 900/Minute (1st), 1,300/Minute (2nd)
Protection Applied: the case is protected by a silicon case, and inside a backpack.

:sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #339 of 352
Screenshot_20200630-044959_Google.jpg

Dont be surprised when things go belly up. The charger has a circuit board with microscopic parts delicately soldered on.

It doesn't take much corrosion before things go awry.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jul 8, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #342 of 352
My noble falcon distorts quite easily. Especially so on harsh recordings. Which several of my wired iems did not do. Does anyone experience the same? Any way to remedy this?

And also, the included tips do not play nice as they tend to block the sound and makes the volume considerably lower each time you press the buttons. Instead, jvc's spiraldots are great. I suspect its because they have larger bore. Please try it out as replacement to the stock tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back