Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by kb, Mar 20, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Next

Last
  1. phammed
    Hey guys currently looking for a tube amp, any experiences about how the v5 pairs with the campfire audio vegas? Thanks!

2. jerick70
    They work wonders for noisy amps and sensitive iems and cans. IFi makes one called the IEMatch.

alphanumerix1 likes this.
  3. hackstu
    So no more hiss??

4. jerick70
    Yes mostly. It really depends on the amp / headphone combo. But I've had really good success. For instance I have Campfire Andros that are really sensitive and I'm using them with a GoVibe Portatube that is really noisy and I have no hiss at all.

5. jerick70
    And and one thing that I forgot to mention is you will get back 2 bits of resolution from the IEMatch too. I notice a huge difference in fidelity when using it. I think it is a must have device for headphiles.

6. hackstu
    I'm using the Shure SE846, with the Cv5. I'll give it a go, with a bit more research maybe?.

7. jerick70
    Buy it from Amazon and you can return if it doesn't work for you. It's only $50. I had the CV5 and used it with my Andros and there was no hiss.

alphanumerix1 and hackstu like this.
  8. kukkurovaca
    That wouldn't apply to someone looking at an amp with analogue volume control.

9. jerick70
    Exactly.

10. TERTBUTYL
    I pair the V5 with the Campfire Audio Vegas (and Andros) and think it's a great match. I think the Vegas scale nicely with the additional power. Ken from Campfire Audio convinced me on the pairing at last year's CanJam NYC. Happy to answer any specific questions.

11. musicman59
  12. Weider
    Hi all, I just received my Continental v5 and am using it with an Oppo PM1; they're a great combination!

It didn't work so well with my Shure SE846s, though...

13. alphanumerix1
    So iematch is a must for iems with the v5?

14. ExpatinJapan
    @alphanumerix1

I would say no.

It has under 0.5 output impedance so it would be fine with even most sensitive IEMs and anything upwards.

15. alphanumerix1
    Cheers mate.

P.s earbuds

ExpatinJapan likes this.
First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Next

Last