Introducing the LCD-i3
Nov 6, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #331 of 1,041
I just received the Anker USB-C to Lightning adapter and connected it to the CIPHER cable and to my phone.
Everything plays in super slow motion! :anguished:
Has this happened to anyone? @Audeze, maybe you can tell?
Also, is UAPP the only way to play through the CIPHER on Android?
EDIT: I see that any player works, but the volume in all of them is way too low. In UAPP I can reach very high volume, but there's the slow motion thing... I think I can say that the Anker, and therefor the CIPHER, doesn't really work for me...

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #332 of 1,041
How is the comfort? And also do you notice a big change in audio quality when using the Bluetooth module? I'm looking for something I can wear around the house so I want to be able to move around while listening to tunes for 1-2 hrs at a time
They are pretty comfortable, no complaints. I did try Symbio W Peels, JVC Spiral Dots, Radius Deep Mount and other (no name brand) tips that would fit and I ultimately went back to the included groovy tips. I have a few other go-to tips brands, but they just wouldn't go on. The initial thought is that you aren't getting a proper seal, and the tips I tried might feel right, but they cause these to go too far into your ear and can cause fatigue. These are truely meant to seal the outside of your ear canal and not be jammed in. It might take some time to get used to them, especially if you are used to conventional IEMs. Also, you might have to crank up the volume a bit more, but that is usually needed with open-back headphones anyway.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #334 of 1,041
I just figured out what the drilled holes in the top of the new case are for... with the right technique and a bit of practice you can twist the i3’s into the case with the ear hooks on

1218C9CC-F439-438B-AC08-82E8B584AADE.jpeg AE33808B-1B75-45D0-B12F-001E02A541F6.jpeg 651A474C-FAF1-4EC3-BF81-C4BE37339490.jpeg

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #336 of 1,041
Nov 7, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #338 of 1,041
So you can only take one of the cables with you?
I tried to remove the cutout thing from the box and it didn't move so I guessed it was supposed to stay there...

I just keep a little FiiO hard case in my bag with all the other cables and bits...

222FC7A9-3D4E-4935-9AD5-B8325756B1AD.jpeg

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #339 of 1,041
I just received the Anker USB-C to Lightning adapter and connected it to the CIPHER cable and to my phone.
Everything plays in super slow motion! :anguished:
Has this happened to anyone? @Audeze, maybe you can tell?
Also, is UAPP the only way to play through the CIPHER on Android?
EDIT: I see that any player works, but the volume in all of them is way too low. In UAPP I can reach very high volume, but there's the slow motion thing... I think I can say that the Anker, and therefor the CIPHER, doesn't really work for me...

Anyone with an Android and an Anker that encountered these problems of low volume / slow motion and has been able to work around them?

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #340 of 1,041
Anyone with an Android and an Anker that encountered these problems of low volume / slow motion and has been able to work around them?
I figured out the solution to one of the problems!
When I first plugged the CIPHER in my phone offered me to use UAPP as a default and I accepted. Turns out that for some reason when UAPP loads on default when the CIPHER is plugged in that reduces the volume, and that affects all apps.
I cleared the default (it still asks me each time which is annoying) and volume is now at ear splitting levels!

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #342 of 1,041
Nov 8, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #345 of 1,041
I got the cable mainly to run these balanced using my Oppo HA-1 through Roon with the Audeze plugin. In that respect it is a lot better than the Cipher cable. I don’t have a cheaper balanced cable to test with. I do however notice the subtle characteristics of a ‘valve amp’ sound that the cable is supposed to bring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back