Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA
Sep 5, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #167 of 515
  I think he was using the lowest gain setting and the L1 has three. I thought it could drive headphones up to 600 ohms.

Yeah, I forgot about the gain setting. Thanks.

However, many amps (including portables) claim the ability to drive 600 ohms but most don't do it very well. Possible the L1 could be among the very few that handle iems and hungry headphones well. Didn't want to go solely by the specs on RHA's page so the early impressions (newatlas one was more of a mini review) provide at least some baseline.

As usual, we'll have to wait for full reviews to know for sure.

Sep 6, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #168 of 515
  I know the circumstances under which you listened to these were not ideal. However, could you give us an idea of how the iSine(10 or 20) and the CL1 sound and how they compare? Like you, I'm leaning heavily towards the CL1 but the iSine is still interesting, albeit wonky looking. Thanks!

Don't forget the CL1 from at the show was only 85% finished, the tuning isn't final yet. So there's not much sense in comparing both pre prod units.
That being said, CL1 was more refined and detailed/clear, while iSine had more bass with full bodied mids and and bass. Treble on the CL1 was further extended. If I had to describe both in one word it would be refined for RHA and Big (sound +shape) for the iSine

Sep 6, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #169 of 515

Don't forget the CL1 from at the show was only 85% finished, the tuning isn't final yet. So there's not much sense in comparing both pre prod units.
That being said, CL1 was more refined and detailed/clear, while iSine had more bass with full bodied mids and and bass. Treble on the CL1 was further extended. If I had to describe both in one word it would be refined for RHA and Big (sound +shape) for the iSine

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #175 of 515
Why does the treble concern you? Are you worried about too much treble, or not enough? Please explain.

I had the Ma750 & T20, while the treble is lively and detailed its also very harsh.

If they found a way to fix that then awesome. Sennheiser had to use the Helmholtz resonator in the IE800 to keep the lively treble from being harsh and tiring and it worked really really well.

Sep 9, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #176 of 515
I had the Ma750 & T20, while the treble is lively and detailed its also very harsh.

If they found a way to fix that then awesome. Sennheiser had to use the Helmholtz resonator in the IE800 to keep the lively treble from being harsh and tiring and it worked really really well.

I understand that the T20 comes with three filters (bass emphasis, neutral, treble emphasis) that allow you to tailor the sound to your liking. Was the treble still harsh even with the bass emphasis filter in place?

Sep 10, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #177 of 515
I understand that the T20 comes with three filters (bass emphasis, neutral, treble emphasis) that allow you to tailor the sound to your liking. Was the treble still harsh even with the bass emphasis filter in place?

I personally found the Treble filter to be harsh for my tastes, Reference filter to be quite lively but listenable, and Bass filter smoother than I preferred at first but what I ended up preferring over time.

Sep 10, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #178 of 515
That DACAMP L1 may get me to finally upgrade from my iBasso P4 Warbler for transportable, and a more ergonomic solution than my beloved MoJo.

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #179 of 515
  That DACAMP L1 may get me to finally upgrade from my iBasso P4 Warbler for transportable, and a more ergonomic solution than my beloved MoJo.

Agreed. It would be nice if the @RHA Team would supply us with some details about its design, so we can determine why it is better than alternatives...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back