Introducing the Audeze LCD-R!
Aug 24, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #886 of 1,636
I just didn’t find them comfortable. The fazor rubbing against my ear being the most annoying part.

the sound was the best I’ve heard, however.
Seems to be the biggest knock against them for sure. I also found the thinner part of the pads become a pressure point after an hour or so. If you were like me you were probably trying to convince yourself to still keep em 😂

Aug 24, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #887 of 1,636
I got my 230V set last week. I'm using it with a step down transformer. These are great headphones. I'm not quite ready to say they are better than my LCD-4s as they sound very different. I've also not yet compared them to my SR-009s, but the LCD-R are definitely in the top tier of headphones and are likely the price/performance winners in their class.

For me, I don't notice the fazor. I guess I got lucky with fit. The earpads are much softer and compress more than my LCD-4's pads. I'd think that the old LCD-4 ear pads might well solve a lot of the problems for people whose ears touch the fazors.

Now I want a second amp, so that I can use them in another room without having to unplug and move the Jot-A. Unfortunately, Schiit has never responded to any questions I've sent them. What's up with that? I've purchased things from them in the past, but I think I'll skip them going forward.
I think it's very unlikely that they have more of those amps available for sale, unfortunately. They were built to be bundled only, and I suspect if anything, that they have only a handful for replacements for existing customers that have something go wrong while it's under warranty.

Aug 24, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #888 of 1,636
These have to be some of the most enjoyable AND transparent headphones I've enjoyed. Its like having your cake and eating it too! Typically this type of hyper realism comes at a price of musicality...but Audeze has managed to hit it out of the park on both counts! I'm listening to Exile on Main Street tonight (RIP Charlie Watts) and I am loving every moment of this experience! It would be great if Audeze and Schiit could get together for another run as the personal audio community really needs to experience just how good this pairing is on a wider scale!

Aug 25, 2021 at 12:27 AM Post #889 of 1,636
Let me quote @Jason Stoddard and his FAQ for the Jotunheim 2.... I am still smiling SO BIG with the LCD-R.

So this “best $2400 amp for $400” is a bit of hype, isn’t it?
Hmm, well, you look some of the big-dollar amps and let us know.

Before anyone @'s me and Says "ACCCCTUALLLY, it's a Jot-A"

What I meant is, a better version of the Jot2 comes for free with Audeze's best Planar headphone.

Aug 25, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #890 of 1,636
I can report that they work out of the rear sockets of the Chord TT2. Now with the MScaler I'm listening to Yuko Mabuchi's Miles Davis tribute album and it's fantastic.

Aug 25, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #891 of 1,636
I can report that they work out of the rear sockets of the Chord TT2. Now with the MScaler I'm listening to Yuko Mabuchi's Miles Davis tribute album and it's fantastic.
The TT2 xan handle the 2 Ohm load?
Impressive

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #892 of 1,636
Updates from 2 more manufacturers.

Enleum 23R - no - they are worried about current spikes if it deviates from 2 ohm at all.

Analog2P TUR-08 - Yes, but.... - amp won't break with that load, but output impedence of the amp is 2 ohm so they recomend an adapter box for better sq

Aug 25, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #893 of 1,636
According to RME, the Adi 2 FS should be able to drive 2 ohms from the IEM output. I'll try it with an adapter later today (if I can summon the courage).

Aug 25, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #894 of 1,636
I really don't know why you people are trying to melt your equipment, but have fun. I've melted down many amplifiers and voice coils in my life - it's not worth it unless you are trying to compete. The Jot-A really has zero equal currently... LOL puns.

Aug 25, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #895 of 1,636
I really don't know why you people are trying to melt your equipment, but have fun. I've melted down many amplifiers and voice coils in my life - it's not worth it unless you are trying to compete. The Jot-A really has zero equal currently... LOL puns.
Psychiatry should be included with the purchase of all high-end headphones.

Aug 25, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #898 of 1,636
LCD-R up on CAM for those Canadians who've got to have it. Not mine.

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649769266-audeze-lcd-r-schiit-jotunheim-a/

Price is in Cdn dollars and presumambly includes an amount for custom and shipping charges. Still a bit high though ....
This person in British Columbia will regret it no doubt!!!! This level of transparency and clarity is right there with the best in the world and for 1/2 the price (and it includes an amplifier!).

Aug 25, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #899 of 1,636
The TT2 xan handle the 2 Ohm load?
Impressive
I think that due to its sensitivity, it may be less likely to risk the amplifier. I am running the TT2 set at low gain at -50 to -40db or so!
Enleum 23R - no - they are worried about current spikes if it deviates from 2 ohm at all.
I'd have to check to be sure, but being essentially a planar, it should have a flat impedance.

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #900 of 1,636
LCD-R up on CAM for those Canadians who've got to have it. Not mine.

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649769266-audeze-lcd-r-schiit-jotunheim-a/

Price is in Cdn dollars and presumambly includes an amount for custom and shipping charges. Still a bit high though ....
Wow, this guy is the second owner according to his CAM post... I doubt those headphones have even had a chance to break in... they spend more time being re-boxed and shipped from country to country than on anyone's ears.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back