Introducing the Audeze LCD-R!
Aug 11, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #766 of 1,636
Maybe I don't understand, but isn't it just the amp that's 230V? Couldn't someone buy the 230V version just to get the headphones then either use with another amp (as some have already fine) or get the amp changed by Schiit to 120V?
Honestly, I don't see why not... you could probably use a converter to change the Voltage as well at the wall.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #767 of 1,636
Soooooo, i have been checking the Audeze site for the LCD-R over and over again to see if they have had any returns or if they were to add any more stock... I was able to order a 115w power supply version of the set early today around 7pm EST. After I bought it, it was out of stock for the 115W. I just checked again and the 230W seems to be available on their site if anyone is still looking to buy one.

I was kicking myself for not jumping on the deal originally, and I hope the headphone and amp actually ship, but I did at least receive a confirmation email.

https://www.audeze.com/products/lcd-r?variant=39439395389518
My wallet doesn't like that.

Fast someone buy the LCD-R so that I don't have to.

Currently preparing for the CRBN, need the Funds for that

Maybe I don't understand, but isn't it just the amp that's 230V? Couldn't someone buy the 230V version just to get the headphones then either use with another amp (as some have already fine) or get the amp changed by Schiit to 120V?
Yes it's the amp, headphones are identical.

You can use a wall transformer but I imagine that this will have an impact on sound

Aug 12, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #769 of 1,636
I had an old eBay alert set for the LCD-R...one went up today for $3k. Unfortunately they are using a stand that compresses the pads in their photos.
They are also selling it as brand new in box... even though it is clearly an opened box. I hate when people say this on eBay!

Aug 12, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #771 of 1,636
Yep…or they list used as “Open Box”
Just looked at it again…and they are forcing an auction…no buy now.
Lol, now the listing has ended after it was dropped to $2800 for auction and had no bids.

Aug 12, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #772 of 1,636
Lol, now the listing has ended after it was dropped to $2800 for auction and had no bids.
That’s going to be a continuing issue for those who wish to sell the LCD-R. They’ll either have to educate a prospective buyer or appeal to the small audience who knows what it is. This is why it will take a special buyer to get well over $2,500 for it.

Better to enjoy what you have :xf_wink:

Aug 12, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #773 of 1,636
That’s going to be a continuing issue for those who wish to sell the LCD-R. They’ll either have to educate a prospective buyer or appeal to the small audience who knows what it is. This is why it will take a special buyer to get well over $2,500 for it.

Better to enjoy what you have :xf_wink:
Yeah, they're much likelier to get a fast sale on an audio forum, assuming the seller has an established presence on one -- makes me think otherwise since putting that on eBay seems very strange.

Aug 12, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #774 of 1,636
Yeah, they're much likelier to get a fast sale on an audio forum, assuming the seller has an established presence on one -- makes me think otherwise since putting that on eBay seems very strange.
Yeah, the seller obviously doesn't know about the bid/selling options on other audio marts. That ebay fee will eat away most of the "profits"...

Aug 12, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #775 of 1,636
Soooooo, i have been checking the Audeze site for the LCD-R over and over again to see if they have had any returns or if they were to add any more stock... I was able to order a 115w power supply version of the set early today around 7pm EST. After I bought it, it was out of stock for the 115W. I just checked again and the 230W seems to be available on their site if anyone is still looking to buy one.

I was kicking myself for not jumping on the deal originally, and I hope the headphone and amp actually ship, but I did at least receive a confirmation email.

https://www.audeze.com/products/lcd-r?variant=39439395389518
Just note, customers do have a 30 day return period, and in that time frame you could just return it and order the model you want if you happen to see it in stock.

Last edited:
Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 12, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #777 of 1,636
Maybe same person that also posted on us audio mart. Here we go with people profiting off the rarity due to fast trigger fingers.
It's a sticky situation because I'm against buying things specifically to sell them for profit...but I also agree that over time a fair market value should be established for rare items. I'm a collector who nearly never sells anything I collect unless I'm trying to raise money to buy a different collectable. There is a difference between a flipper and a collector letting go of something they personally value to get something else they feel is worth that sacrifice.

Aug 12, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #778 of 1,636
It's a sticky situation because I'm against buying things specifically to sell them for profit...but I also agree that over time a fair market value should be established for rare items. I'm a collector who nearly never sells anything I collect unless I'm trying to raise money to buy a different collectable. There is a difference between a flipper and a collector letting go of something they personally value to get something else they feel is worth that sacrifice.
+1 .. I don't sell nearly as much as I buy, and I don't think once I've ever turned a profit, but that was never the intention anyway -- of course, it is and should be different for something that truly has increased in value because of scarcity. The LCD-R was so hard to get I suspect that any sold will generally go for at least a little over their original price, which I think was superb for what it is, incidentally.

Aug 12, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #779 of 1,636
Last night I decided to hook-up my Windows 10 laptop so I could try out the EQ profile that @Rubin posted here -> [Rubin's Review and EQ]

My setup for the night was : JRiver 28 -> Schiit Eitr -> Sonic Frontier SFD-1 Mk2 (Modified) -> Schiit Jotunheim-A -> Audeze LCD-R
Volume on the Jotunheim was set at 9:00 and I added (removed) -6db of Pre-gain on top of Rubin's EQ setting. I also used the built-in "Subtle" crossfeed setting.

There isn't much to say, I've always wanted that "Enter the Void" or Black Hole type of experience where it is just you and your music in your own listening space. The Audeze LCD-R gets you there. So much transparency with bass that hits like a legit feather pillow. There is plenty of weight to knock you down, but it isn't punching on your ear drums like a typical dynamic driver with similar quantities of bass.

After a week of use - the biggest issue is still just the typical Audeze moans and groans of the Fazors touching the ears and the pressure of the clamp. I fell asleep with them on last night, so obviously it wasn't that big of a deal.

Looking at the wood cups again - the final finish is just beautiful. Carbon Fiber + Crazy Wood Cups + Crazy 2ohm headphone amplifier + premium cable from the LCD-4... Need a homerun emoji for Audeze.

I don't think they will be able to sell something like that again at that price. It crushes the LCD-i4 at what was the same MSRP. Cipher vs. Jotunheim-A... C'mon - not even fair.

@Audeze cheers you crazy fools!

Aug 12, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #780 of 1,636

Users who are viewing this thread

Back