Introducing the Audeze LCD-R!
Jul 29, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #438 of 1,636
This equations are still giving me nightmares from my studying time😂

I asked at ifi and auralic what they think of the compatibility of a 2ohm headphone
Summer break I went to a mobile electronics school and some of the equations had a purpose. One class we had to build a ported box to the car we brought.

Jul 29, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #441 of 1,636
So, anyone willing to sell? Lol. Just an El oh El.
Yeah, probably not. I might have a pair of Susvara's on the market here shortly. I can't justify owning two TOTL cans, so one of them will be going.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #442 of 1,636
The eagle has landed chez Rubin. Won't have a chance for a careful listen until this evening but a quick listen suggests that these are indeed in a different league than the XC!

So, anyone willing to sell? Lol. Just an El oh El.
I am strangely delighted by the fact of owning headphones that @PeteSTRADAMUS hasn't heard. This has gotta be the only high end pair you haven't owned or tried yet?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #443 of 1,636
IMG_2800.jpeg

UPS dropped them off but I haven't had more than 8 songs worth of listening yet due to kids + work.

Yes, they hit the ears in a way that isn't pleasing. It isn't the end of the world and the sound these things make are worth the slight discomfort! That sound! Color me impressed.

Can't wait to get more time with these.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #444 of 1,636
Yeah, probably not. I might have a pair of Susvara's on the market here shortly. I can't justify owning two TOTL cans, so one of them will be going.
Lol. Well HMU if you do

Jul 29, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #445 of 1,636
@axsnyder Nice picture and that Aeolus also looks like a beautiful variant.

I am not sure if readers of this thread are getting the gist of the performance. We are not really comparing them to the LCD-4 - more comparing them to things like Utopia, Susvara, Abyss1266 TC, SR1a, HEDD, and I'll add HE-1. I think the SR1a is quite something if it weren't for the tonality and my music library. The HE-1 is quite great and you can still hear some of that electrostatic timbre and the tonality is pretty great. I think the LCD-R is right there in the company of all of them. I am going to still call this the Audeze version of the HE-90 Orpheus (Limited at 300 sets I believe?)

Full on Hype-Train from me. Bring out the ice buckets to cool me down.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #446 of 1,636
IMG_2800.jpeg

UPS dropped them off but I haven't had more than 8 songs worth of listening yet due to kids + work.

Yes, they hit the ears in a way that isn't pleasing. It isn't the end of the world and the sound these things make are worth the slight discomfort! That sound! Color me impressed.

Is that the Qutest feeding it? I was thinking of getting one at some point.

Jul 29, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #447 of 1,636
IMG_2800.jpeg

Damn, I didn't know pr0n was allowed on Head-fi.

That's too sexy for my virgin eyes!

Jul 29, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #448 of 1,636
Is that the Qutest feeding it? I was thinking of getting one at some point.
It is. Compared to other DACs I find that one to be the most sound changing. It is a subtle “3D” sound most of the time and with the right headphones can make you believe you’re listening to speakers. The headphones melt off your head.

I haven’t heard anything better for Electronic music. Classical is a mouth dropper too. Rock & Roll is a blast as well.

Rap and thumpy pop is meh. I prefer a multibit DAC for those.

Jul 29, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #450 of 1,636
It is. Compared to other DACs I find that one to be the most sound changing. It is a subtle “3D” sound most of the time and with the right headphones can make you believe you’re listening to speakers. The headphones melt off your head.

I haven’t heard anything better for Electronic music. Classical is a mouth dropper too. Rock & Roll is a blast as well.

Rap and thumpy pop is meh. I prefer a multibit DAC for those.
Thanks for the info...I'm actually looking for something specifically for Rock and Roll...my current setup doesn't do much for Rock imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back