Introducing the Audeze LCD-R!
Jan 6, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #1,307 of 1,636
For anyone with Reveal+ and is bored, give @Resolve 's EQ profile a try with your HRTF / Speaker profile and EQ by-passed (in reveal, not the PEQ).

It's another alternative take that I think can work with the LCD-R if you are looking for the warmer side of neutral.

Jan 6, 2022 at 9:53 PM Post #1,308 of 1,636
For anyone with Reveal+ and is bored, give @Resolve 's EQ profile a try with your HRTF / Speaker profile and EQ by-passed (in reveal, not the PEQ).

It's another alternative take that I think can work with the LCD-R if you are looking for the warmer side of neutral.

Are you saying to use the lcd-r eq on speakers? I'm confused tbh

Jan 7, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #1,309 of 1,636
No, you can bypass the Reveal+ built-in EQ and use your own PEQ. Just thought I'd share that I tried the user/reviewer "Resolove"'s suggested PEQ that was listed a page ago. There still isn't a "LCD-R" specific eq profile in Reveal, so you can either use the LCD-X '21 profile or bypass and bring your own.

In my own experimenting, I have only used graphic eq since I normally don't like to do the precision eq stuff.

Jan 7, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #1,310 of 1,636
No, you can bypass the Reveal+ built-in EQ and use your own PEQ. Just thought I'd share that I tried the user/reviewer "Resolove"'s suggested PEQ that was listed a page ago. There still isn't a "LCD-R" specific eq profile in Reveal, so you can either use the LCD-X '21 profile or bypass and bring your own.

In my own experimenting, I have only used graphic eq since I normally don't like to do the precision eq stuff.

Oh! Got it. Yah, his us solid. The X eq just doesn't work ino being much worse than stock tonality tbh

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #1,311 of 1,636
Oh! Got it. Yah, his us solid. The X eq just doesn't work ino being much worse than stock tonality tbh
Totally agree with this statement... I would also not recommend the LCD-X 2021 Reveal EQ Plugin... its pretty awful for the LCD-R.

Jan 7, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #1,313 of 1,636
Anyone else willing to share what they use instead?
I personaly run mostly without EQ but I use resolves when I do use it. I use roon to apply it

Jan 7, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #1,315 of 1,636
I want to try roon but I think $10 a month is a bit crazy for a music player.

It is tbh. I use it and like the convenience but the added monthly cost is annoying tbh

Jan 7, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #1,316 of 1,636
It is tbh. I use it and like the convenience but the added monthly cost is annoying tbh
I currently use AIMP since it’s pretty good at tagging and retrieving metadata for my songs. My only gripe with it is the UI is a bit messy.

Jan 7, 2022 at 8:34 PM Post #1,317 of 1,636
I tried Roon.. it's pretty nice. There are some cool features like Exclusive mode and the UI is a lot better than the player I was using. Guess I'll continue using it for the trial period and go from there. RPG music through the LCD-R tonight.

1641605650878.png

Jan 7, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #1,318 of 1,636
Anyone else willing to share what they use instead?
I haven't tried Resolve's yet. Need to build that profile in EQ (been listening to the LCD-5 pretty exclusively recently). I am using a slightly modified version of an EQ profile posted by someone much earlier in this thread. The user's name is escaping me right now and I would like to give them credit (edited... the user is @Rubin... thanks for the great EQ Profile!). I'll edit this post with the name if I can find it.

I added a higher bass shelf to that EQ, but play with the frequency cutover point and the Q Value from time to time and depending on the music I am listening to. I don't touch the other frequencies much.

Using Roon, Paremetric EQ, Headroom management adjustment of a -12DB gain for more play on the volume knob when running balanced into the Jot-A.

1641609009891.png

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #1,320 of 1,636
I tried Roon.. it's pretty nice. There are some cool features like Exclusive mode and the UI is a lot better than the player I was using. Guess I'll continue using it for the trial period and go from there. RPG music through the LCD-R tonight.

1641605650878.png
Good choice in music! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back