UA3 joins our highly popular line of UA models and it marks an important point for Shanling, as it will be our first model using a brand-new DAC from the relaunched line of AKM DACs.
For many years, AKM DACs were the core part of Shanling’s audio designs, as they played a crucial role in delivering our house sound to all our fans. But following the fire at AKM’s factory in 2020, we had to look for alternative solutions, being unsure about the AKM’s future. It affected most of our releases in 2021, but we managed to transition successfully, keeping the strict Hi-Fi standards we have been building up for past 34 years.
In early 2022, AKM relaunched their line of DACs and we immediately started working on new designs, diving into the possibilities of this updated generation of DACs. UA3 is first of these designs, utilizing a freshly released AK4493SEQ DAC, for the first time bringing the sound of AKM into our UA line of portable DAC/AMPs.
UA3 builds upon the popular UA2, but takes over some features from the UA5. Balanced output is now using the more robust 4.4mm connector, we added hardware buttons for volume or playback control and the power output was improved to match the UA5.
MSRP 109 USD/Euro
Available in June
Shanling UA3 – Portable DAC/AMP
- Brand new AKM AK4493SEQ DAC
- Dual Ricore RT6963 Headphone amplifier
- Hardware Volume Control
- 3.5mm Single-ended & 4.4mm Balanced Outputs
- Standby Mode & overall more power efficient design
- Up to 211mW @ 32 Ohm Output power
- Compatible with Android, Windows, Mac and iOS. (Special lightning cable needed for use with iOS)
- UAC2.0 and UAC1.0 mode compatible, for use with Nintendo Switch and other gaming systems or older devices.
- Hi-Res support up to 32bit / 768kHz and DSD512
- Universal USB-C Connector
- Compatible with Eddict Player app