Introducing SERA by Vibro Labs
Dec 3, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #46 of 77
  I was curious about them but after reading the review I believe it would be a too warm pairing with my Cayin i5. Would you say that the Maya would would be a better choice for me when I like a more energetic, crisper and detailed sound signature?

Or shall I -especially at that price- give the Sera a try? 

The Sera is currently $100 off its retail price, and with the upgrade policy in place, you'll be good getting the Sera, then upgrading if you feel that the Maya would fit your current equipment better. Effectively you save $100 getting the Sera, or $50 if you decide to upgrade to Maya over purchasing the Maya directly. Of course crazy discounts aside, it is most important that you'll get to try out the Sera for yourself to see if you like it or not, rather than to base your decision on the review.

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #48 of 77
I was curious about them but after reading the review I believe it would be a too warm pairing with my Cayin i5. Would you say that the Maya would would be a better choice for me when I like a more energetic, crisper and detailed sound signature?

Or shall I -especially at that price- give the Sera a try? 

The MAYA is definitely more detailed up top. It has more energy in the treble. But it still has the same bass of the SERA. SERA is warmer as a result of less treble. It sounds to me like MAYA would be up your alley, but the $100 off SERA right now equates to $50 off an eventual upgrade.

But if you don't like a warmer sound signature, SERA might not be your cup of tea. Don't take my word for it -- perhaps wait for some other reviews. I just telling you what I hear and am not trying to push you or anybody into buying anything, especially if they may not like it. I like SERA. I love MAYA. I don't as much like ARIA. But those are my opinions and don't represent some universal truth.

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #50 of 77
I'm based here in Singapore, if you're not planning on getting the Sera soon, when my order arrives I'll be glad to meet up to let you audition the Sera. Only thing is that you may have to wait until February.

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #51 of 77
I would love to see Luke at a CanJam! Especially CanJam@RMAF. Unfortunately, he is mostly a one man operation out of Maine here in the US.

Here is to hoping he gets big enough to join in the fun at CanJam!

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #53 of 77
*cut for space* But if you like a touch of added warmth in the bass, you're covered.

Thanks for the additional details! I'm sorta still chasing the sound I got from the Westone UMPRO50 paired with an AK Jr... And this sounds as close as I'll probably ever get. Definitely considering very much right now!

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #55 of 77
Do I see it correctly that VibroLabs IEMs are sold exclusively via their website and no international distributors? Explains the good price policy, just makes it difficult to test them...

I started out pursuing dealers for international sales, but decided that the upgrade policy and working directly with my customers was better for everyone. Of course, I am happy to work with dealers, but they may not be happy to work with me! 
wink.gif

That all said, we have a great relationship with Music Sanctuary in Singapore. I'm hoping we can come to an agreement about how to handle the upgrade policy so our Singapore customers are well served. Until then, lifetime upgrades are only available from orders placed through my website.

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #59 of 77
That sounds like great news 
bigsmile_face.gif
, the guys at Music Sanctuary has always been great so if they can serve as local dealers and support I believe many other people here would gain awareness of the Vibro Labs offering.

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #60 of 77
Yes there are many benefits to a good local dealer. Just understand that the main reason we can do lifetime upgrades is because we don't have a dealer network in place. I'm hoping that we can work with dealers to accommodate lifetime upgrades in the future, but realistically it will be an uphill battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back