Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Sep 30, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #4,501 of 4,765
On Diana edition the firmware is optimised for the Abyss headphones. Is I am not mistaken is +6 dB louder.

Thanks. I skimmed through this thread and saw where diana was just a firmware and the 2017 is a minor update to the LPG. How does the LPG 2017 and LPGT differ in sound?

Sep 30, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #4,502 of 4,765
Hey guys, I have an og HIFIMAN HM901, which I thinks is a bit outdated atm, so currently looking for a new DAP, and I heard a lot of praise to LPG, so was wondering if going from 901 to LPG will be a noticeable step up in terms of sound quality? Also, how does LPG fares against Sony's nw-wm1a?
I have HFM HE-560 headphones and Sony XBA-Z5 earphones, will it pair well with this DAP, or should I look into a more pricey ones? I currently consider HFM RE2000 silver or something from Campfire, heard good things about Andromeda, but would appreciate any advice if you think there're better options...
Sorry for so many questions, I'm just so confused atm and will really appreciate any guidance.

Oct 1, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #4,503 of 4,765
LPG is a great dap but so is wm1a they have different strength. I can't say if any is a noticeable step up in terms of sound because i never heard the HM901. Some thoughts on LPG and WM1A.
LPG:
- 3,5 trs output no balanced (this is not bad at all but if all your existing cables are balanced you will need an adapter or new ones)
- powerful and able to drive your headphones and earphones
- great sound but there will be hiss with andromeda (don't know about RE2000)
- user interface is based on hardware buttons (fast and reliable)
- small compared to WM1A

WM1A:
- great sound out of balanced (single ended is not as good to my ears)
- great battery
- may not powerful enough to drive HE-560 (?)
- user interface is a touchscreen
- no hiss

there are other options but i think you need to specify whats most important to you and whats a no go.

Oct 1, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #4,504 of 4,765
Hey guys, I have an og HIFIMAN HM901, which I thinks is a bit outdated atm, so currently looking for a new DAP, and I heard a lot of praise to LPG, so was wondering if going from 901 to LPG will be a noticeable step up in terms of sound quality? Also, how does LPG fares against Sony's nw-wm1a?
I have HFM HE-560 headphones and Sony XBA-Z5 earphones, will it pair well with this DAP, or should I look into a more pricey ones? I currently consider HFM RE2000 silver or something from Campfire, heard good things about Andromeda, but would appreciate any advice if you think there're better options...
Sorry for so many questions, I'm just so confused atm and will really appreciate any guidance.
I have the RE2000 silver and don't like the pairing, I find it's way to bassy and none of the existing presets work with it. I have not had LPG(2017) that long to work out some custom settings. That said my empire ears Zeus sound amazing with LPG on sweet setting and I have no hiss what so ever. I use Mrspeakers ether C flows on rock setting LTG drives them easily and they n

Oct 1, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #4,505 of 4,765
never sounded better

Oct 1, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #4,506 of 4,765
Thanks a lot, appreciate it!

LPG is a great dap but so is wm1a they have different strength. I can't say if any is a noticeable step up in terms of sound because i never heard the HM901. Some thoughts on LPG and WM1A.
LPG:
- 3,5 trs output no balanced (this is not bad at all but if all your existing cables are balanced you will need an adapter or new ones)
- powerful and able to drive your headphones and earphones
- great sound but there will be hiss with andromeda (don't know about RE2000)
- user interface is based on hardware buttons (fast and reliable)
- small compared to WM1A

WM1A:
- great sound out of balanced (single ended is not as good to my ears)
- great battery
- may not powerful enough to drive HE-560 (?)
- user interface is a touchscreen
- no hiss

there are other options but i think you need to specify whats most important to you and whats a no go.
The most important for me by far is sound quality and there're not that many things that a clear "no go", well I've been using HM-801 and HM-901 for years, and those DAP are probably one of the most inconvenient ones ever made :)
So LPG and WM1A is kind of close in terms of SQ, except the sound signature is obviously different? It's so frustrating that I can't really hear anything myself to compare, there're like zero shops with hi-fi DAPs in my country...

Oct 24, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #4,507 of 4,765
Such a beautiful audio player!

1024192040_HDR.jpg

Nov 1, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #4,508 of 4,765
I am giving up altogether on leather cases. It seems that the edgecoating always fails.

Nov 1, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #4,509 of 4,765
Thanks a lot, appreciate it!

The most important for me by far is sound quality and there're not that many things that a clear "no go", well I've been using HM-801 and HM-901 for years, and those DAP are probably one of the most inconvenient ones ever made :)
So LPG and WM1A is kind of close in terms of SQ, except the sound signature is obviously different? It's so frustrating that I can't really hear anything myself to compare, there're like zero shops with hi-fi DAPs in my country...

I have both. You cannot go wrong with either one. The Sony has a more complete experience, but the sound quality on the LPG is resolution City. LPG can sometimes become fatiguing, but the Sony never does. The LPG is finely etched, vivid, powerful sound, whereas Sony is creamy butter to The ears with a wider soundstage. I love them both but the Sony gets more time. LPG is best for jazz whereas Sony is more all-around for all sorts of music

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #4,510 of 4,765
I know this came up before. But had anyone success in finding a suitable replacement battery without sending the LPG to Lotoo?

Nov 29, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #4,511 of 4,765
I am replacing the top cover. Are there any instructions I should know about?

Nov 29, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #4,513 of 4,765
Find the video where they replace the OLED screen so it will be easier for you to take it upart without problems.

Can somebody repost that video? I cannot find it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back