Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Jul 5, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #1,036 of 4,765

wink_face.gif

Ummm... I hope you didn't drop your PG?

On a side note, how do you hide the quoted pictures with the 'spoiler' text?

Jul 5, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #1,037 of 4,765

Shall I add a picture of the Calyx M guts for comparison? I think it was originally posted by @audionewbi on the Calyx M thread.

IMHO, precious space is lost inside the Calyx M enclosure because of the volume slider. Although thicker and heavier, the LPG is smaller and has a 6,000mAh battery, whereas the M has a 3,100mAh battery. So it's no surprise that the battery duration on the LPG is more than double of the Calyx M. I would rather have a simpler volume control on the M if it meant a larger capacity battery. Just my US$ 0.02.

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #1,041 of 4,765
I leave that to him to explain, he might not like me sharing it and also I might explain it wrong.

Hope you understand.

Sure, no problem. I'm compairing his pictures with the ones on http://www.sixmoons.com/audioreviews2/lotoo/2.html, but haven't got a clue. Anyway, I stand on my opinion that the volume slider on the Calyx M is a design compromise.

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #1,043 of 4,765
For my calyx M I use a portable battery pack from Sony which has 10000 mha.

And I have 2 Ankers, 13,000mAh and 25,600mAh, but it's not nearly as portable as the LPG. I don't dislike the M, and the 4 hour duration fits my daily needs/habits, but I know a few people that wouldn't buy the M just because of its battery. However, 4 hours is enough for my home x work commuting.

Jul 6, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #1,044 of 4,765
Picture shows a couple Elna electrolytic bypass caps on a couple voltage rails. Make sure to read the last paragraph for the final version and see how to place the capacitor on the previous page. I also insulated the leads which isn't shown in this testing phase.

Very small values, 1uf silmic II and 0.1uf cerafine. 0.47 might be good at the larger position as well but I didn't have that value to test. 2.2 was not great, nor was a 1 in the smaller position. All this is subtle as the unit is already great but I'd call it more analog with center focus and scale, less cool without losing delineation. I voiced it on low gain but works on high as well. This is not technically better as it will not affect the #s or increase the values beyond tolerance. Tight fit and may not have worked at all but I'm happy with it once I found values that timed up.

Revised. I got that .47uF silmic II and just one across the higher V rail in parallel to the tant is best. Where the brown on is. The smaller black cap helped voice the pictured brown 1uF and is no longer desirable. So, one .47uf silmic II electrolytic capacitor in the brown position is all that's needed.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #1,047 of 4,765
  Couple Elna electrolytic bypass caps on a couple rails. Very small values,  1uf silmic II and 0.1uf cerafine. 0.47 might be good at the larger position as well but I didn't have that value to test. 2.2 was not great, nor was a 1 in the smaller position. All this is subtle as the unit is already great but I'd call it more analog with center focus and scale, less cool without losing delineation. I voiced it on low gain but works on high as well. This is not technically better as it will not affect the #s or increase the values beyond tolerance. Shot in the dark. I have a clue but this is the only area available for this so call it lucky as much as good..if you like it. Tight fit and may not have worked at all but I'm happy with it once I found values that timed up.
How I tested part types and values. 

Thanks, but I wouldn't dare to open my LPG, let alone modify its circuit. Are you adding capacitors to DC rails or are you just replacing the original ones?

Jul 6, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #1,049 of 4,765

Thanks, but I wouldn't dare to open my LPG, let alone modify its circuit. Are you adding capacitors to DC rails or are you just replacing the original ones?

just adding. It's a rather common practice to bypass with very small values. Doesn't always work and can actually make it worse as some values did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back