Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Mar 8, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #317 of 4,765
He mentioned that the reset hole didn't work and he had to wait for the battery to drain out and charge it again in order to get it work.
Sounds like a software problem and a firmware update should be released urgently to fix this as other Paws may get similar problem!

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #319 of 4,765
Mar 8, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #321 of 4,765
^ The "thinness" is actually a testament to how transparent and well engineered the hardware and software is, the QA360 is similar, makes other daps sound "thick" and colored. The brutal transparency can lack musicality for some people, but for others its true music to their ears. Paw and QA360 are both letting you hear into the PCM file. A boost to analog type musicality can be obtained by playing DSD or even converting your pcm files to DSD, the change in sound is to do with how the bit stream is fed to the dac compared to pcm, its not about dsd being better, just different.

My hypothesis is that the 1 bit stream input of native dsd into a delta sigma dac actually does a good job simulating a ladder dac sound. The Tera uses a ladder dac and many people find it very analog and natural compared to other daps which use delta sigma dacs. So native dsd is to pcm what ladder dacs are to delta sigma dacs, analog and natural, that is what I am hearing anyway. Note that I'm not saying dsd is better than pcm or ladder is better than delta sigma, I'm just saying they sound different and you may prefer one over the other.

Quite the opposite. Delta/Sigma and DSD both need noise shaping and trade amplitude errors for time errors. Ladder DACs are PCM and  the pcm1792 dac used here works as a ladder for it's most significant bits in PCM mode. DSD sounds a bit smoothed over to me.

One reason the PCM1792 may be a favored sounding device is it's hybrid architecture, converting the upper 6 most significant bits using a ladder and the lower bits using delta-sigma modulation.

Mar 8, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #322 of 4,765

That's no error, it's the Matrix 
atsmile.gif

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #325 of 4,765
So the PG cannot out put digital signal? I will not be able to use it as a transport to the Hugo's or other Dac/amp? And it has no balance out? The ak240 has all those rendering it more versatile in term of feature.

Mar 10, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #329 of 4,765
I've had the PG for nearly a week now and can safely say that's it's the best player I've had hands down, with my CE6Ps. It has perfect balance, incredible mounts of detail, realism by the bucket load and all in a gorgeous little unit with decent battery life. To think I didn't like it much at first...crazy! I always wanted to get an AK240 but that desire has disappeared.

I've had the AK100, ZX1, Calyx M, N6, P1 and the SQ on the PG out does all of them to my ears. I've always been looking for some kind of audio nirvana, hence buying and selling the above DAPs, now I can rest and enjoy the incredible PG! This is an end game DAP for me, my wife is over the moon
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #330 of 4,765
  I've had the PG for nearly a week now and can safely say that's it's the best player I've had hands down, with my CE6Ps. It has perfect balance, incredible mounts of detail, realism by the bucket load and all in a gorgeous little unit with decent battery life. To think I didn't like it much at first...crazy! I always wanted to get an AK240 but that desire has disappeared.

I've had the AK100, ZX1, Calyx M, N6, P1 and the SQ on the PG out does all of them to my ears. I've always been looking for some kind of audio nirvana, hence buying and selling the above DAPs, now I can rest and enjoy the incredible PG! This is an end game DAP for me, my wife is over the moon
wink.gif

Good for you
wink_face.gif
  Don't forget to try out the EQ on the PG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back