Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Dec 11, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #33 of 4,765
If I understand correctly it says it performs at desktop level and is well worth the price no?

It doesn't say compared to what.
Don't get me wrong I love what lotoo is for what it has to offer but its brutally honest. So without needing to say it might not be as musical for some.

Dec 13, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #34 of 4,765
Writing this review proved harder than what I thought it is going to be. Today was a fun day, without wanting to hide anything here is the truth: the first draft was written, today I thought I listen again to the IEM for one last time for a final affirmation of my pervious finding and upon doing so some of my finding proved to be not what I thought perviously, in another words completely wrong. 
I get why most folks like objective reviews.

Back to the listening chair again. 

Dec 14, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #35 of 4,765
waiting eagerly for your review :p

Dec 14, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #36 of 4,765
waiting eagerly for your review
tongue.gif

I need to change the format a bit, cut somethings out. I think I am making it harder for me, lets face it no matter how hard I try to portray the image of the sound at the end of the day sound is to be heard not seen and best I can do is provide feedback on Lotoo  UI, user friendliness and what I think is the best pairing in my view. Going too much into it will be just a creative writing project, while it might be fun to read in my own view it still a fruitless and pointless task.

I think what it comes down to like most other review is finding out whether the reviewers shares the same sound preference as you the reader. Once that is established it is matter the reader trusting in the judgement of the individual doing the reviewing.

Dec 14, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #37 of 4,765
Pls do it at your convenience. In my humble opinion, this is a place of sharing and I do agree with your point of view. That is why as an individual, I appreciate any form of sharing of opinion on the subject matter. It is very helpful for those who do not have very acute sense of hearing and have difficulties expressing in words what they hear.

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #38 of 4,765
I have been digging this setup a lot, I like this combination much more than um50pro. The clean headphone out of Lotoo really pairs nicely with the warmish nature of ckr10. What has amazed me is how well separated and wide this combination sound. 

Dec 20, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #40 of 4,765
I do not plan on doing things this indepth in the future therefore I see no point on a video. As a result I am not planning on opening a youtube account just to post one video.

Writing review is harder than I thought. I have written the first draft and after reading it I felt like I am reading something from the 90s hifi magazine. I laughed at myself as there was a time I used to laugh at those reviews and now mine seem to be a carbon copy of it.

I am trying to be as accurate as I can be in my review subjectively speaking. I am doing this by putting to test as many gears as I can, gears that are popular on head-fi so this way more people can get a sense on how Lotoo is compared to those popular devices that most members are likely going to have. 

I was told currawong is going to get a unit, he always makes wonderful video reviews and I am sure if he does get a unit he surely will upload a video.

Dec 21, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #42 of 4,765
The Japanese review is from @Sasaki. Maybe he might be kind enough to share some of his thoughts. 

I'll probably be borrowing the same unit as Anakchan later on, so probably sometime in January I'll be able to review it.

Dec 23, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #43 of 4,765
Let's help out @audionewbi here :D. So I spent about 35 mins at the Top Wing exhibit in the e-earphone show this past weekend (maybe 15 mins on the 1st day and 20 min on the 2nd).

I'm going to receive a loaner tomorrow and will probably leave it burning in for a week then write something up about it after that. The loaner has to be returned by 15th Jan so I'll see when I can pass it to @Currawong.

I'm not going to say too much about it 'cos it's easy to get excited in a show so it's better to test in a more controlled environment. But let's just say that comparing side-by-side to the HM-901, I think this is quite an exciting product worthy of further investigation.

Non-sonic aspects, this player fits well in the hand, more comfortable than the HM-901. Its UI response is also quicker than the HM-901 (e.g. playing DSF DSD, hitting on play there is very little lag before the music actually starts), similarly with the scroll buttons. It does feel more solid than the HM-901.

P.S. I've not read this thread yet so I apologise if there's anything here that's repetitive. Will read through in bed.

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #45 of 4,765
Thank you for the photos and your imput AnakChan.
Looking forward to hear more about it.
Was that a sample unit as i can see the writing on the side.
Musicday
Yes, they had about 4-5 sample units at their booth in the e-earphone show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back