1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by audionewbi, Nov 30, 2014.
First

Back
244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253
255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264
Next

Last
  1. justrest
    AK380's really fantastic and I really love that smooth, detailed creamy sound. LPG is more aggressive and sometimes harsh. But in terms of resolution and detail, LPG is better. AK380 has more relaxed and smooth sound. Also ,wider and airy soundstage. Two different sound signature and It depends of your preferences. I prefer LPG.

2. Dobrescu George
    A more aggressive sound is always welcome when one wants to hear more details, especially with rock / metla.

Quadfather and justrest like this.
  3. Piotr Michalak
    I agree with most of these characteristics and prefer the first. In terms of resolution I find AK380ss much better. Also LPG has more airy sound. And AK380 has a weak internal amp.

Lime Ears Stay updated on Lime Ears at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/limeears https://www.instagram.com/limeears http://limeears.com/ info@limeears.com
    justrest likes this.
  4. Mimouille
    Then we mostly agree, but value different things :D

Quadfather likes this.
  5. Quadfather
    Does anyone have good user PMEQ settings for Rush? I am just starting to figure this out. I need a little less brightness, without killing the treble. 20170924_095834.jpg

6. Quadfather
    No more annoying glare! THANK YOU!

cooperpwc likes this.
  7. Quadfather
    I am not getting a click with DSD on Diana.

8. Quadfather
    Coily

9. audionewbi
    There are chats of 2017 LPG which has both cosmetic changes (reducing edge sharpness ) as well as slight reduction in that aggressiveness that people complain about.

10. Mimouille
    Please name these "people" so that I can have a chat with them.

11. audionewbi
    I'm not in contact with Lotoo, a fellow enthusiast friend of mine in Hong Kong said he saw a unit of LPG in some meet up which didnt quiet look the same as his LPG. He tried it with his HUM Pristine and said the sound wasn't as aggressive.
    Apparently they have a MKII of PAW5000.

12. Dobrescu George
    Hm.... I'm not sure, but I might want to have some aggressiveness, that might make the sound more virbant, energetic.

I thinlk that I'll hear the 2017 version when I do though :smile_phones:

13. audionewbi
    What I found so far: https://tw.bid.yahoo.com/item/鷗霖-2017年版Lotoo-PawGold金菊花-DSD音樂播放器-公司-100394573364
    Using google translate:

Compared to the first generation of gold chrysanthemum, 2017 version of the main improvement of two chrysanthemums,

One is to replace the foundry Foxconn, the second is for low resistance and high sensitivity of the headset to do the optimization.
    The higher the value, the sound is still top
    Change from the outer box. The first generation of chrysanthemum box is silver, relatively low-key.

And 2017 version of the chrysanthemum box replaced by gold,
    The host itself, the design of the same project without any changes, yes, the appearance of exactly the same.
    However, for the body metal surface treatment process on a step, the main thing is more delicate feel, metal texture stronger, assembly tolerance reduced to a very fine level. Such as gold chrysanthemum fuselage is made up and down the two metal together, the old version of the chrysanthemum of the upper and lower seams have a more obvious sense of hierarchy, and the fuselage corners are relatively hard to deal with a little bit of the feeling of Kaka; But the 2017 version of the chrysanthemum from the upper and lower seams is very tight, very smooth, corners treated softer, the grip is clearly a lot better, a bit similar to the iPhone's metal shell feel. Have to say that Foxconn's technology is really powerful, although these are details of the changes, but for the user experience is still no small upgrade.
    ● ● sound field:
    2017 version of the overall sound field of PAW gold large-scale, listening to large compilation of music can undoubtedly be able to deduce the majestic momentum of the work.
    The depth of the vertical and horizontal width are broad and wide. Hierarchical sense of performance is remarkable, positioning is also accurate enough clear.
    ● ● Image:
    20171 version of the PAW GOLD "knot", rounded full and thriving, full of tension. Instrumental music, excellent voice separation. Listen to female interpretation, as if the singer in your ear light lips, whispering, Qingqing shallow singing, lightly dancing. Playing a large compilation of the music, then show a kind of look at the world as the magnificent momentum. Both row upon row of the sense, there are layers of rhyme, interpretation of human voice can be described as fresh and full, the atmosphere contrast solemn solemn.
    ● Resolution:
    On the human voice, instrumental excellent degree of separation, details of the fiber cents finished, portrayed into the wood one-third. As the haze in the city experienced a torrential rain after the baptism, rain sleep, blue sky, such as washing, Changhong day, even the air also appears to be slightly wetting up.
    ● ● dynamic and transient:
    The dynamic of the new version of chrysanthemum is very wide, the details of the reduction has done a very good level. The sound of the transient sense is very clear, clean, transient response is aura full, for the details of the sound description is very honest, without dragging.
    ● ● tri-band: tri-band distribution of uniform and reasonable, smooth and delicate transition.
    ◆ high-frequency: high-frequency extension of the relatively smooth, is difficult to open in the high-end player and the height. Brightness and ductility are excellent, smooth and delicate, convergence transition smooth and natural. Therefore, this machine is very good in terms of high-frequency control.
    ◆ IF: delicate and rich feelings. In the interpretation of the human voice can be used "plump full" to describe. In the vocal interpretation is clearly more unique. Especially when the interpretation of female voice more hearty dripping. High voice, sweet voice. And instrumental music is also very harmonious. IF thickness and layering details are excellent enough.
    ◆ low frequency: there is no deliberate pursuit of the extreme dive low frequency. But by virtue of their own good quality, flexibility is still full. Dive deep but not stiff and abrupt. Drums between the high degree of recognition, rebound does not drag the water.
    ● ● at the end of noise:
    Overcoming the natural enemies of the high single-ended high-thrust player, the bottom noise is optimized after the round field and the background is dark and deep, and the headphones with high sensitivity are very improved.

14. EagleWings
    Interesting. Yesterday I found a new listing on US Amazon for Lotoo Paw Gold sold by a new seller 'LOTOO'. I thought it is probably some seller assuming the name Lotoo to appear as the manufacturer. I just looked at the listing again, the title of the listing says 'Lotoo Paw Gold 2017'. But unlike the link you shared above, the listing on amazon does not talk anything about the differences between the 2017 and old version. And it also doesn't come with the leather case. But the graphic picture of the device itself seems to be the same on both listings.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074T6RCDC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5nrYzb63WE8EW

This is very tempting. They seem to have addressed 2 issues I don't like about the LPG. If someone could only validate the claims made on the listing...

15. Dobrescu George
    What do you mean exactly by the claims made on the listing? :darthsmile:

I can look into the subject and confirm sometime later :smile_phones:

First

Back
244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253
255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264
Next

Last