Introducing Head-Fi Classifieds!
Mar 26, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #166 of 446
Question and maybe this has been asked and answered...im lazy today, sorry. But, i have noticed that the old forum listings verse the new classifieds show different results. Will this eventually be merged into both or is one going away?

Hi @Darkestred,

These are two different sections of the site. The For Sale/Trade forum will be archived in the near future. New listings must be generated in the Classifieds section of the site. The old "Trader" feedback will be imported into Classifieds, but the old FS/T threads will not be imported. If you have unclosed listings in FS/T after it is archived, you'll need to recreate them in the Classifieds section.

Best,
Ryan

Mar 26, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #167 of 446
Are we all too lazy to make new ads lol! I made a few new ones and it wasn't that bad.

Mar 28, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #169 of 446
Are all of the closed ads going to be removed so as not to clog up the system? Some pages are nothing but closed ads and adds too much time to scrolling thru ads.

Hi @dpump,

No, we won't be deleting any content from Classifieds except in the event that it violates our terms. Much like the FS/T forums, we will maintain records of all closed listings. Closed listings are a critical component of the feedback system, since a listing must be closed with a second party for the "Leave feedback" link to be available. It also allows the moderation team to review and address transactions gone wrong and enables users to review past transactions when investigating market price for a particular item.

If you'd like to view exclusively open listings, I'd recommend using the listing status filter (see attached).

Screenshot from 2021-03-28 12-13-47.png

Best,
Ryan

Mar 29, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #170 of 446
In the future, will there be a way to implement a list of a specific criteria without having to use it as a bookmark? For example, when I tried to save all the classified that were rosson audio design rad-0, it pulled up a total of 5. Later, it only pulled up 3 results and it oscillates between 3 and 5. I would much rather have that be set up as an alert to where you'll get a notification if something new is posted within that saved search criteria.

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #172 of 446
Update: We've just imported all of the previous feedback into the Classifieds system. This also includes Feedback for trading (not buying and selling) that was unavailable from previous transitions. A big thank you to @HF_Ryan for his hard work on this.
Thank you for you effort and skill!!!

Apr 6, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #173 of 446
This also includes Feedback for trading (not buying and selling) that was unavailable from previous transitions.

Who would have thought?! Assumed those were lost forever during the previous software migration. Very good stuff :ok_hand:

Again not sure if already mentioned.. When wanting to edit a classified the size of the text window is very small. Is it possible to make it larger? Either by default or manually.

Apr 7, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #178 of 446
Thanks Joe. I do see it there now on the main page. When I filter to only IEMs it no longer shows the search bar though. Maybe that was by design.
I see what you are. As the search bar in the screenshot is for the entirety of the Classifieds, it does disappear. If you use the link I posted, you can select to search only the IEM section.

Apr 8, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #179 of 446
How do you write feedback for a Classified purchase now? When I go to the buyer's profile, I don't see any option to write feedback

Apr 8, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #180 of 446

Users who are viewing this thread

Back