Introducing Head-Fi Classifieds!
Mar 4, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #32 of 449
Ah didn't notice that there. :thumbsup:

Still good feedback because actually the "Listed by:" line could probably be a bit larger to be more effective.

Mar 4, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #33 of 449
Looks great. I just wanted to echo a few others with the question of whether we should duplicate our current ads, request for them to be copied over etc?
While the userbase gets used to the new changes, is it okay to have an ad in both the old and the new? :)

Mar 4, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #35 of 449
If it doesn't have this feature already, a template feature might be nice. That way we could save a template with things we always post to our ads, like the payment terms, etc.

Mar 4, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #36 of 449
It seems there is no convenient way to view someone's trader feedback in the listing.
As others have mentioned in the thread, right now the best way to see feedback is to check the Trader Feedback section in a creator's profile. Once we've had time to test and we're certain that everything will transition properly, we will be importing feedback from For Sale and Trade into Classifieds so everything is in one place. That import will not be happening in the immediate future, so Trader Feedback is the place to go for now.

I just wanted to echo a few others with the question of whether we should duplicate our current ads, request for them to be copied over etc?
This is something where there's no universally best choice and it's all down to personal preference. I plan to close my listings on For Sale and Trade and re-list them on Classifieds, but some may prefer to keep their listings on the For Sale and Trade forums instead. Speaking personally I'd suggest not having them active in both places to make managing your listings easier, but if you want to have them both active and you're ok managing duplicate listings then that would functionally work. As more and more listings populate in Classifieds we expect the number of Head-Fi'er visiting For Sale and Trade to slow down, and as a seller I want my listings to show up where they'll get the most views.

tl;dr As Joe mentioned earlier in the thread.
You can do either, but as we’re moving to Classifieds, you can re-create it there.
If they already exist in the old version, I would suggest re-posting them in Classifieds. You can still keep it up in the FS/T forums if you wish.

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #38 of 449
To expand on the reasoning for my question; I noticed in the previous For Sale/Trade thread that some members lived outside of the US but used USD currency instead of their local currency for valuation of their listed item(s). I believe the option to sort by country would be helpful if possible. Either way, the changes and updates are greatly appreciated. Thank you Head-Fi Staff!
Hi @Tex Irie. We're exploring the possibility of adding a shipping destination filter in a future release. That said, in the current version the best way to limit by country is to use the search functionality located here. You can then apply filters as desired.

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #39 of 449
Hi @Tex Irie. We're exploring the possibility of adding a shipping destination filter in a future release. That said, in the current version the best way to limit by country is to use the search functionality located here. You can then apply filters as desired.
@HF_Ryan, I am cool with the work arounds and additional filtering methods. I appreciate you fielding my question and taking that change request into consideration.

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #40 of 449
I like this upgrade although I'm worried about searching for sold items.
I use a site like devbrada to search the Buy/Sell forums for similar items to what I'm selling or wanting to buy so I know market value. Is there going to be a way to search closed listings so that we can find fair market value for items? This is an extremely important part of the used-gear "community" (for me) and want to make sure it will be possible.

Mar 4, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #41 of 449
Yeah the
I like this upgrade although I'm worried about searching for sold items.
I use a site like devbrada to search the Buy/Sell forums for similar items to what I'm selling or wanting to buy so I know market value. Is there going to be a way to search closed listings so that we can find fair market value for items? This is an extremely important part of the used-gear "community" (for me) and want to make sure it will be possible.

Yeah, the Devbrada site is still better for searching. Unfortunately it will no longer update thanks to this update. It would be cool if some of the same search features were implemented.

Mar 4, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #42 of 449
Yeah the

Yeah, the Devbrada site is still better for searching. Unfortunately it will no longer update thanks to this update. It would be cool if some of the same search features were implemented.
Hey, Devbrada dev here. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts, great seeing Head-Fi putting some love into the classifieds!

Mar 4, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #44 of 449
Hey, Devbrada dev here. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts, great seeing Head-Fi putting some love into the classifieds!
Would absolutely love to see devbrada work with the new system if Head-Fi doesn't implement a similar search. I use devbrada multiple times a week so it would be very sad to see it go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back