Introducing Final latest flagship IEM A8000 featuring Truly Pure Beryllium Dynamic Driver
Apr 1, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #76 of 96
Apr 2, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #77 of 96
Just got mine today.

I braved myself buying this without ever seeing it in person. The thing I worry about the most is the fit. Asked around in this forum and I think it was @Jalo who said it is smaller than both IER Z1R and FW10000, both of which I own.

Another thing is that on some reviews I read, it seems like the A8000 is tuned in a way that I might not like (I like my gears to be fun and musical, warm-ish).

I'm typing this right now while listening with the A8000 paired with my DMP Z1. Let's just say 2k well spent. Fit is PERFECT! It feels almost as good as my A18t. The tuning is exactly to my liking. All kinds of music that I listen to sounds really good with this.

I will let it burn in for at least 100 hrs and I'm pretty sure it'll be even better by then.

Will definitely order the 4.4mm stock cable as well. I have some fancy MMCX cables I can use but this stock cable is so good I won't bother. It's nice and light :D

Apr 13, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #78 of 96
Just got mine today.

I braved myself buying this without ever seeing it in person. The thing I worry about the most is the fit. Asked around in this forum and I think it was @Jalo who said it is smaller than both IER Z1R and FW10000, both of which I own.

Another thing is that on some reviews I read, it seems like the A8000 is tuned in a way that I might not like (I like my gears to be fun and musical, warm-ish).

I'm typing this right now while listening with the A8000 paired with my DMP Z1. Let's just say 2k well spent. Fit is PERFECT! It feels almost as good as my A18t. The tuning is exactly to my liking. All kinds of music that I listen to sounds really good with this.

I will let it burn in for at least 100 hrs and I'm pretty sure it'll be even better by then.

Will definitely order the 4.4mm stock cable as well. I have some fancy MMCX cables I can use but this stock cable is so good I won't bother. It's nice and light :D
Hi @raymogi , thank you for trusting us and also those reviews shared by the others and made the purchase merely through believe.

We are really glad that the A8000 suit your preference and also thank you for your compliment not only to the earphone, but the cable too. I wonder do you notice any difference after 100h? Does it sounds better for you? :)

Apr 13, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #79 of 96
Ladies and gentlemen, 2 reviews for A8000 were just up last weekend by @notaris and @csglinux on the showcase page.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/final-a8000.24043/reviews

@notaris has definitely explained way better than us regarding those aspects such as transparency, dynamic range, spaciousness and etc.
@csglinux, on the other hand, has shared many of his own measurements for your reference together with multiple comparison.

If you are interested, please drop by and have a look at their great work.

Thank you to both of them for their generosity in spending their time, changing their thought about the A8000 into words and images. Much appreciated!

Finally, this is a hard time for everyone during this COVID-19 outbreak. I hope everyone is healthy, and please take good care of yourself, trying to avoid going out and enjoy your favorite music with your favorite rigs!

Apr 19, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #80 of 96
Just wanna say that I bought A8000 a few months ago here in Poland from Nobumasa at Fonnex and highly recommend it. It's an aggressive neutral tuning (slight subbass boost, higher mids coherently boosted), so not too much bass, but not dead flat, just neutral with a fun loudness twist to make it more alive, but also with top-tier technicalities, dynamism, spaciousness, making it not only one of my favorite daily drivers, but also an IEM that I may probably never sell, like Final Sonorous X and Lab II, intended to be kept forever. Final is the only company I know that's making these kind of immortal classics. Also respect for being one of few companies making real RnD work out there, creating completely new drivers in your labs, not everyone sees this, but there's really heart and soul in your work guys. Kudos!

Apr 19, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #81 of 96
Just wanna say that I bought A8000 a few months ago here in Poland from Nobumasa at Fonnex and highly recommend it. It's an aggressive neutral tuning (slight subbass boost, higher mids coherently boosted), so not too much bass, but not dead flat, just neutral with a fun loudness twist to make it more alive, but also with top-tier technicalities, dynamism, spaciousness, making it not only one of my favorite daily drivers, but also an IEM that I may probably never sell, like Final Sonorous X and Lab II, intended to be kept forever. Final is the only company I know that's making these kind of immortal classics. Also respect for being one of few companies making real RnD work out there, creating completely new drivers in your labs, not everyone sees this, but there's really heart and soul in your work guys. Kudos!
@Piotr Michalak Thank you very much for your kind words and also your support onto the A8000, Sonorous X and Lab II.
The love towards music, the curiosity on how to make improvement, the heart of sharing what we have achieved, the generous and kind words from our users are basically what driving and motivating us to continue what we are doing. :)

Much appreciated!

Apr 23, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #82 of 96
Apr 28, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #83 of 96
Hey guys,

Just wanted to post here in case anyone was interested, but I am currently selling my pair of the A8000's for $1600 obo. Everything that other members have said here is true, the A8000 sound spectacular, balanced and spot-on in every way. Sadly, I am selling them after about 250 hours of use (200 hour burn in, 50 hours actually listening) so I can fund my PC build. If it wasn't for this I would never sell these. Detailed pictures and more information are provided in the post linked below. PM me for details if interested!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-final-audio-a8000.930980/

May 22, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #85 of 96
Hey guys,

Just wanted to post here in case anyone was interested, but I am currently selling my pair of the A8000's for $1600 obo. Everything that other members have said here is true, the A8000 sound spectacular, balanced and spot-on in every way. Sadly, I am selling them after about 250 hours of use (200 hour burn in, 50 hours actually listening) so I can fund my PC build. If it wasn't for this I would never sell these. Detailed pictures and more information are provided in the post linked below. PM me for details if interested!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-final-audio-a8000.930980/
best of luck frend, hope ur PC build turns out awesome :)

May 23, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #86 of 96
Hi everyone,

If any of you would be interested, I just want to let you know that I've published my review of the A8000 here on Head-Fi :)
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/final-a8000.24043/review/23707/

All questions and (hopefully constructive) comments/criticisms welcome! :)

Was very impressed with the A8000 overall and very much looking forward to hearing more from Final Audio from now on.

Whilst I didn't entirely agree with a few of the design/product choices in the A8000, nevertheless I salute Final Audio for pushing the boundaries, for innovating, for making a difference. And despite these few criticisms (for me personally - others may feel differently), it's worth stressing that the positives vastly outweighed the few negatives, and when they got things right, they *really* got them right.

Overall, if the sound signature is the kind of thing you're looking for, then Final Audio have made a highly competitive entry into the market at this level, and I can wholeheartedly recommend you to give it consideration :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back