Introducing Final latest flagship IEM A8000 featuring Truly Pure Beryllium Dynamic Driver
Feb 10, 2020 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 96

Final Audio

Member of the Trade: final
1581329043409.png

Final new flagship IEM, A8000 – Redefining the potential of dynamic driver

Awards
VGP2020 Gold.pngVGP2020 Innovation.png

• VGP Lifestyle 2020 Gold Award Winner for earphone between USD1800 to USD2800
  • VGP Lifestyle 2020 Innovation Grand Award

A8000 series concept
Newly developed final proprietary Perceptual Transparent Measurement (PTM) evaluation methodology. A series that pursues “Transparent Sound” by conducting analysis and evaluation of impulse response that could not be gleaned from frequency response in the past.

What does “transparent sound” mean?
When a piece of excellent music record is being played by a speaker, or earphones, the sound produced by every single musical instrument is distinctively separated with high clarity, while the distance and layering structure between each of them is distinctively sensible.

5 years of research and development to achieve the “transparent sound” for an IEM
The development of the A8000 began with the reconstruction of physical measurement and subjective evaluation methodologies. Among factors that determine sound quality for earphones and headphones, amplitude frequency response is predominant, but there are some important sound impressions such as transparency cannot be achieved by altering it with the way commonly known as tuning.

With the aim of achieving transparent sound for earphones, we have developed our own proprietary Perceptual Transparency Measurement (PTM) evaluation methodology. As a result of evaluation and improvement of interrelations between principal components analyzed by the results of subjective evaluation and data analysis of impulse response that could not be gleaned from frequency response in the past, an ideal diaphragm material that is extremely light and possessing high sound speed comprised of ultra-thin Beryllium foil (Truly Pure Beryllium Diaphragm) has been adopted for the A8000.

Features
1581328327214.png

To achieve an unprecedented level of transparency, we delved our research into multiple fields including acoustic engineering, psychology, fluid mechanics, material strength, vibration and resonance control and the latest manufacturing techniques.

As a result of 5 years of R&D, we have incorporated multiple new engineering techniques into a single outcome, A8000.
  • Perceptual Transparency Measurement
  • Truly Pure Beryllium Diaphragm
  • Anti-Resonance Direct Mounting
  • Tetra-Chamber Construction
For anyone who are interested to know more about the 4 techniques mentioned above, kindly refer to the Final A8000 detailed material by accessing the link below

>>> [Look deeper into Final A8000] <<<

Information
Official website: [Link]
Head-Fi Headgear & Reviews: [Link]

Sound quality
Why not try to find a place for audition and share you experience with everyone over here? We are very confident that it will amaze you.

Audition Opportunities
As we dream to have everyone to have a chance to try the A8000, we are currently trying our best to increase the audition opportunities in countries by working closely with our authorized distributors. Shops listed below has been prepared a demo unit for your audition. Click onto the shop name for Google Map location.

Australia - [A2A Victoria] - [A2A Sydney] - [A2A WA] - [Minidisc]
Belgium - [Noir et Blanc]
Netherland - [Ears Unlimited]
Singapore - [E1 Personal Audio] - [Jaben] - [Zeppelin & Co.]
South Korea - [Earphon Shop] - [Headphone&Earphone Shop] - [Scheherazade] - [The Grab Sound]
Thailand - [Munkong Gadget]
USA - [Audio46] - [Bloom Audio] - [THX Stereo]
*More will be added to the list

Upcoming Event: Canjam New York 2020
3 units of Final A8000 will be available for audition in CanJam New York 2020. Our USA distributor, my colleague from Japan headquarter and I will be there to be at your service. We look forward to meeting you in person over there!

World Review Tour
Planning – More details coming SOON.

Specifications
Housing:
Stainless Steel
Transducer: Truly Pure Beryllium Dynamic Driver x1
Terminal: MMCX
Cable: 3.5mm L-plug 1.2m Final authentic OFC silver coated cable
Sensitivity: 102db/mw @ 1kHz
Impedance: 16Ω @ 1kHz
Weight: 41g
Retail Price: $1999
Warranty: 2 years
Release date: December 2019 (Start from Japan)

*Actual release date for every country differs due to limited stock quantity

Accessories
Aluminum & Silicone Hybrid Carrying Case, Final Type E Black Ear tips, MMCX ASSIST, Dust Filter, Newly designed Earhook with lock mechanism

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 96
I listened to them briefly at e-earphone in Tokyo last week. I thought I had my mind set on upgrading my old (and now dead) Westone 4R to W80 but these A8000's are STELLAR. Granted I only had an iPhone with me, but the sound was terrific enough :).

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #5 of 96
I listened to them briefly at e-earphone in Tokyo last week. I thought I had my mind set on upgrading my old (and now dead) Westone 4R to W80 but these A8000's are STELLAR. Granted I only had an iPhone with me, but the sound was terrific enough :).

Thank you very much for visiting to Japan and also trying out our new flagship IEM. It has been 10 years since our first flagship earphone, Piano Forte was released.
We are so glad that you like it. For the A8000, due to its bigger diameter for the driver (compared to E series and B series), the sensitivity is higher. Therefore a smartphone can drive it pretty well.

But of course, a dedicated DAP for sure could draw out more potential of it.

Feb 10, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #7 of 96
I wish a demo unit is sent somewhere around Munich. Eagerly anticipating to try these out.

Feb 10, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #8 of 96
We've been thrilled with the A8000 so far and would absolutely welcome anyone in the NJ/PA/DE area to schedule an audition with us! :slight_smile:

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Feb 10, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #9 of 96
so these are the same price as the IER Z1R when new? Im curious to know the difference.

Feb 10, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #10 of 96
I wish a demo unit is sent somewhere around Munich. Eagerly anticipating to try these out.
We are still currently trying to work on this. At the same time, we will also try to bring out demo unit for audition opportunity in Germany just as we have done in the other countries listed in the main thread.

so these are the same price as the IER Z1R when new? Im curious to know the difference.
As the sound concept is different, therefore even though they are sitting very close in terms of price, you can expect a very different experience. Maybe some kind people who try it out during the CanJam could share their feeling with you.

We are currently working with our UK distributor in generating audition opportunities in your region too. Hopefully soon enough, you will be able to try it out yourself. :)

Feb 10, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #11 of 96
I do understand that international dissemination is still in the works, and the A8000 is fascinating but out of my price range anyway, but not only am I curious to hear it, I’d love to sample your recent releases, the B series.

Are there any plans to strike something up with a new distributor in France? There are a couple I could even hook you up with!

At any rate it’s great to see direct presence and involvement from Final on these boards...Your white-papers are the most entertaining audio reads.

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #12 of 96
Unboxing:

Final sent me a pair to review. I've been listening and they are definitely pretty excellent, with a very "spacious" U-shaped sound, rather like the HD800, but with more bass rumble. They are very revealing of audio quality, so any distortion in the music was very noticeable. Well recorded and mastered music is delightful.

Feb 11, 2020 at 2:12 AM Post #13 of 96
Unboxing:

Final sent me a pair to review. I've been listening and they are definitely pretty excellent, with a very "spacious" U-shaped sound, rather like the HD800, but with more bass rumble. They are very revealing of audio quality, so any distortion in the music was very noticeable. Well recorded and mastered music is delightful.

That matches my initial experience so far.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fin...s-and-impressions.922544/page-5#post-15459455

Feb 11, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #15 of 96
Are there any plans to strike something up with a new distributor in France? There are a couple I could even hook you up with!
At any rate it’s great to see direct presence and involvement from Final on these boards...Your white-papers are the most entertaining audio reads.
Actually, we are currently working on the France distribution. Please look at your PM.
Yeah, it feels so good to be here. We are so sorry for being a hermit in the past, but we are trying to take a new step and new exploration now. :)
Thank you very much for your compliment. The white-papers were actually disclosed to distributors and reviewers only, so the design was not super well made, I am so sorry.

Oh, Currawong, awesome video! Thank you very much. Do you like that tiny little clip? Haha.
Yes, you are right, distortion in music is very noticeable, we do that because of we are Final. Our earphones seldom being too forgiving. I guess a lot of our fans who have been listening to Final agree with this.

We want to deliver every tiny detail the music source wants to deliver. Rounding off those distortions is possible, but it will also cause the earphone to become dishonest to well recorded and mastered music, which we believe to be quite, erm.... unfair?

"The comprehensive pursuit of things that are fundamentally right" has always been our brand vision and mission.

Thank you for your support. We hope that the A8000 is serving you well as your best companion!

Looking forward to testing it in canjam Singapore.
Oh, that would be next month! Yes, it will be there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back