Introducing Dekoni Audio Bulletz for the Apple Airpods Pros
Apr 24, 2020 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39
dekoni app banner 2.png

Dekoni Audio is proud to introduce our new Bulletz for Apple Airpod Pros. Available in the sizes small, medium and large in both single and triple packs.
Today our retail partner Drop.com is hosting launch weekend for the new sku.

4.png

Dekoni Audio's Bulletz line was a solution to mediocre ear tips included with many in-ears packaging. Sometimes IEM manufacturers give you silicone, sometimes you get cheap foam. To combat the curse of pre-packaged IEM tips the Bulletz line was launched with premium memory foam sizing for 4.9mm and 3mm driver flanges. These sizes covered almost ninety percent of the iem marketplace... That was until true wireless hit the scene. Soon we rushed to save ear canals everywhere. We decreased the height of our mercury tips by a few millimetres so TWS lovers everywhere can maintain their ability to charge on the go without taking off the foam tips.

2.png

But wait, there’s more! Apple decided they were going to sweep the true wireless market off its feet and now millions of Airpods Pro owners worldwide were stuck with only silicone. The silicone tips included were very good, but some people just prefer foam. Never fear, Bulletz are here! With our premium memory foam, you can isolate and assist your noise cancelling by sealing to the crevices of your ears. This keeps less pressure in the ears, which is more comfortable for longer listening sessions. Unlike most foam tips, Bulletz are still washable, so you can keep it sanitary. After a few months when the foam wears thru, it won’t flake, it will just lose density (its memory) and you’ll know it is time to replace them with a new set.

Lastly, we've made sure you guys are covered when it comes to safely installing and removing your Bulletz for the Airpods Pros with this installation guide here.

Dekoni Audios Apple Airpod Pro Bulletz are available now at Drop.com and on our website DekoniAudio.com.

Airpod Pro Bulletz will be available at our partnered retailers and internationally in the next few weeks!

Apple and Airpods Pro are registered Trademarks of Apple Inc. and have no affiliation with Dekoni Audio

AirPods-Dimensions-ALL(1).png

Last edited:
Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Apr 26, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #3 of 39
Can someone explain why for each size shown in the illustrations there are two seperate and different dimmensions for S M & L?
The AirPod Pro tip is slightly elliptical.

Apr 26, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #5 of 39
I just ordered a set of these for my AirPod Pro’s. I’m having a big issue with the silicon tips loosing seal and drastically dropping noise reduction and sound quality. I picked the large size. Hopefully this will get me the best seal.

Apr 26, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #6 of 39
I just ordered a set of these for my AirPod Pro’s. I’m having a big issue with the silicon tips loosing seal and drastically dropping noise reduction and sound quality. I picked the large size. Hopefully this will get me the best seal.
I needed the large tips for the airpod pro. The nozzle on this iem is short and with little ear insertion.

I have used in the past shure 530, fiio fh5, and fiio fa7 all used no larger than a medium ear tip; with a medium apple tip the airpod pro was for me worthless.

With the stock apple large tips the airpod pro is my favorite iem; if I want better I go to a fiio q5 and sony mdr-1am2.

Apr 26, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #7 of 39
I needed the large tips for the airpod pro. The nozzle on this iem is short and with little ear insertion.

I have used in the past shure 530, fiio fh5, and fiio fa7 all used no larger than a medium ear tip; with a medium apple tip the airpod pro was for me worthless.

With the stock apple large tips the airpod pro is my favorite iem; if I want better I go to a fiio q5 and sony mdr-1am2.
I think you’re on to something with the short insertion point being issue with the poor fit. Even with the large silicone tips, I find myself constantly pushing them back in for a descent seal. Normally for me as well medium ear tips work. Not so much with the AirPods Pro. The Dekoni Bulletz could be the answer.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #8 of 39
I think you’re on to something with the short insertion point being issue with the poor fit. Even with the large silicone tips, I find myself constantly pushing them back in for a descent seal. Normally for me as well medium ear tips work. Not so much with the AirPods Pro. The Dekoni Bulletz could be the answer.
I have found that the final angle after insertion is critical for the best seal; how each of our ears are shapped might mean the right employment angle is not universal.

Apr 27, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #10 of 39
Maybe I should give them a try because the airpods pro weren't confortable with the tips that I tried.
I now switch between airpod pro and powerbeats pro when out of the house and find the airpod pro because of its small mass the most comfotable of the two.

The anc of the airpod pro for me is its advantage with the easy ability to turn it on and off depending if I need to be aware of automobile traffic when walking.

As I have stated stated elsewhere I previously had been using fiio fa7 with fiio btr1k and this has now been replaced without regret.

Apr 27, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #12 of 39
I find it funny and good that even in the "HiFi" world, we value consummer tech such as Airpods Pro and Powerbeats pro, and how we can separate the Hifi and the easy to use everyday
The technology that has produced advances in micro-electronics that has filtered into the 'HiFi' world and my own discretion in hearing has made me the final judge about airpod pro and powerbeats pro quality. I am both surprised and pleased with the inovation of these new products.

Apr 27, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #14 of 39
The technology that has produced advances in micro-electronics that has filtered into the 'HiFi' world and my own discretion in hearing has made me the final judge about airpod pro and powerbeats pro quality. I am both surprised and pleased with the inovation of these new products.

I spent a good two months testing the AirPods Pro with and without our new Bulletz. The convenience, noise cancelling, transparency mode, no cables, decent sound quality make them my go to traveling listening device. It was a blessing to have them on my red eye flight from Cali-NY, Instantly gave me the quiet I needed to fall asleep. In the terminal the transparency mode let me hear announcements I otherwise couldn't hear with other IEMs. My only problem is that apple makes their products disposable, I hope they last more than a year for a $250 price point.

-Dylan

Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Apr 27, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #15 of 39
I spent a good two months testing the AirPods Pro with and without our new Bulletz. The convenience, noise cancelling, transparency mode, no cables, decent sound quality make them my go to traveling listening device. It was a blessing to have them on my red eye flight from Cali-NY, Instantly gave me the quiet I needed to fall asleep. In the terminal the transparency mode let me hear announcements I otherwise couldn't hear with other IEMs. My only problem is that apple makes their products disposable, I hope they last more than a year for a $250 price point.

-Dylan
I do agree with you, Dylan, about apple's 'disposable' way of marketing their products and they should be responsible for their products from production to recyling. Current electronics account for up to 70 percent of landfills' toxic waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back