Introducing ConX
Jan 22, 2021 at 12:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61
Many audiophiles have multiple IEMs, often with different connectors. This always meant having to buy separate cables for each type of connector, which is costly and inefficient.

CONX .jpg

But now the simple but elegant solution is finally here: Effect Audio is proud to announce ConX. ConX allows you to simply click the top-end connector of your choosing into your cable, providing maximum versatility for your favorite cables. No longer do you have to choose which IEMs to buy a cable for, and which not.

PENTACONN.jpg

Through rigorous testing, we sourced the best materials to ensure the connector’s resistance is kept at a minimum. As a result, the performance of the ConX connectors is on par, if not exceeding those of most connectors on the market today when it comes to sound quality – just as you have come to expect from Effect Audio.

MMCX.jpg

ConX will initially be available for 2-pin, MMCX, A2DC, and P- Ear connectors (more to follow).

2pin.jpg

And the best part is that Effect Audio is opening our doors to all cables: regardless of brand, you can send your cable to us to be re - terminated with ConX connectors.

Price: USD$50 + USD$30 retermination fee.
Get your own at effectaudio.com

a2dc.jpg

Limited promotion happening from now until End - March 2021
1) All new purchases from the Heritage series onwards will be entitled to a free ConX upgrade.
2) All existing EA cable owners will get a free upgrade to ConX (re-termination service charges of $30 applies).
3) We will also be accepting any non - EA cables to be upgraded for ConX at USD$80 (US$30 for Re-termination cost and US$50 for ConX).
4) There is an exclusive promotion for EA Club members on the new ConX.

Last edited:
Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jan 22, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #3 of 61
This is great!!! ☺👌

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #4 of 61
Many audiophiles have multiple IEMs, often with different connectors. This always meant having to buy separate cables for each type of connector, which is costly and inefficient.

CONX .jpg

But now the simple but elegant solution is finally here: Effect Audio is proud to announce ConX. ConX allows you to simply click the top-end connector of your choosing into your cable, providing maximum versatility for your favorite cables. No longer do you have to choose which IEMs to buy a cable for, and which not.

PENTACONN.jpg

Through rigorous testing, we sourced the best materials to ensure the connector’s resistance is kept at a minimum. As a result, the performance of the ConX connectors is on par, if not exceeding those of most connectors on the market today when it comes to sound quality – just as you have come to expect from Effect Audio.

MMCX.jpg

ConX will initially be available for 2-pin, MMCX, A2DC, and Pentaconn Ear connectors (more to follow).

2pin.jpg

And the best part is that Effect Audio is opening our doors to all cables: regardless of brand, you can send your cable to us to be re - terminated with ConX connectors.

a2dc.jpg

1) All new purchases from the Heritage series onwards will be entitled to a free ConX upgrade.
2) All existing EA cable owners will get a free upgrade to ConX (re-termination service charges of $30 applies).
3) We will also be accepting any non - EA cables to be upgraded for ConX at USD$80 (US$30 for Re-termination cost and US$50 for ConX).
Can I buy the connectors (parts set) and terminate it myself ?

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #6 of 61
When will you support QDC?

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #7 of 61
What a great concept!

How do you ensure the 2-pin connectors are not crooked relative to the shaped ear loops when screwed in? They look like they are not aligned correctly in the image in the first post.

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #10 of 61
Use your fingers and bend it ?
I have maybe a dozen IEM cables with shaped ear loops and none of them can be manipulated, the memory shape is fixed. Thus the 2 pin connectors would need to stop screwing in at just the right alignment so the IEM was pointing perpendicular to the loop. Look at the picture of the 2 pin cable in the first post. You can see the 2 pin connectors are not lined up with the ear loop. Maybe Effect's cables can be shaped?

Jan 22, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #11 of 61
Jan 22, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #12 of 61
Not quite sure how this works. I have a 2 pin 0.78 (ish) OEM, the FLC8D. I don't think they are easily fit, but can be fitted. Can I send them to effect audio to be set up with a 4.4 jack?
The ConX service is for the cable-to-IEM connector side of the cable, not the headphone jack connection. Don’t know if they offer that service, but you may want to send them a separate inquiry.

Jan 22, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #14 of 61

CONX .jpg

PENTACONN.jpg

MMCX.jpg

ConX will initially be available for 2-pin, MMCX, A2DC, and Pentaconn Ear connectors (more to follow).

2pin.jpg

a2dc.jpg

Wow, this seems more compact than the Dunu hulk.

Jan 22, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #15 of 61
Can I buy the connectors (parts set) and terminate it myself ?
Yes, I would like to terminate a cable or two but I would want to do it. Hopefully the terminations will be available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back