Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Aug 3, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #2,583 of 3,158
I've cleaned up this thread removing conversations of blind testing, burn in, placebo, etc. and of course the name calling. Please redirect all conversations of blind testing, burn in, and placebo to the Sound Science section. And if the trend of this thread continues to be toxic (as some have put it), I'm more than happy to lock it.

Aug 3, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #2,584 of 3,158
I've cleaned up this thread removing conversations of blind testing, burn in, placebo, etc. and of course the name calling. Please redirect all conversations of blind testing, burn in, and placebo to the Sound Science section. And if the trend of this thread continues to be toxic (as some have put it), I'm more than happy to lock it.
Apologies toxic was probably the wrong word from me but from a quick read through the thread it looked to getting quite hostile

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #2,585 of 3,158
Aug 3, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #2,586 of 3,158
Without spending a fortune, can anybody provide me with a link to a copper cable I can use with these iems?

I bought these 2 hybrid copper/silver cables from Penon Audio. They sound great, & did not break the bank:

https://penonaudio.com/accessories/earphone-cable/isn-audio-h16.html

https://penonaudio.com/accessories/earphone-cable/ourart-copper-mixed-silver-plated-mmcx-cable.html

I do not see a straight copper cable available from Ourart, but there is a straight copper ISN available.

I really enjoy both cables. I use the ISN with my desktop rig, and the Ourart with my portable. I find they really cover the full frequency spectrum nice and evenly for my ears (as opposed to the stock cables).

Aug 3, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #2,587 of 3,158
Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #2,588 of 3,158
So how do these sound in comparison to tin audio P1 and isine20?

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #2,590 of 3,158
I have a pair coming in, hopefully these are as good as people on here are saying they are.
Also have the P1 coming, so will do a quick comparisons. :)
You're going to love them, darling...

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #2,591 of 3,158
You're going to love them, darling...
I have a pair coming in, hopefully these are as good as people on here are saying they are.
Also have the P1 coming, so will do a quick comparisons. :)

You’ll enjoy them for sure. The P1’s are decent and it’ll be interesting to hear your thoughts. They’re nothing like the CL2’s though.

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #2,593 of 3,158
Just bought a second pair of cl2 as they were 453 on Amazon
Listening to new pair compared to my old pair w several hundred hours on and I will say it is a night and day comparison. Can't say that burning them in is the cause, too controversial, so just noting that a brand new pair compared to my 4 most old pair sound very different. Some of the criticism of the cl2 are justified on the new pair, but the old pair do not have any of those spikes that others note.
Using a Sony 4.4 Kimber cable , copper w my Hiby r6pro.
I will say the cl2 makes bad recordings sound unlistenable. But good quality material sound out of this world.
Demoed the Solaris and decided the cl2 were preferred for me.
Mostly classic rock, female neo r&b like Angie Stone, all sound amazing to me.
The biggest treat is the way the cl2 handles bass. It is so fast and precise, my UE 18pro+ 3rd gen and fearless s8f pale in comparison.
I'll now have CL2's for a lifetime.

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #2,594 of 3,158
Just bought a second pair of cl2 as they were 453 on Amazon
Listening to new pair compared to my old pair w several hundred hours on and I will say it is a night and day comparison. Can't say that burning them in is the cause, too controversial, so just noting that a brand new pair compared to my 4 most old pair sound very different. Some of the criticism of the cl2 are justified on the new pair, but the old pair do not have any of those spikes that others note.
Using a Sony 4.4 Kimber cable , copper w my Hiby r6pro.
I will say the cl2 makes bad recordings sound unlistenable. But good quality material sound out of this world.
Demoed the Solaris and decided the cl2 were preferred for me.
Mostly classic rock, female neo r&b like Angie Stone, all sound amazing to me.
The biggest treat is the way the cl2 handles bass. It is so fast and precise, my UE 18pro+ 3rd gen and fearless s8f pale in comparison.
I'll now have CL2's for a lifetime.
It's called burn in. You need to break in a new shoe, why not a speaker?

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #2,595 of 3,158
I know it's called burn in. And believe in burn in. But for the sake of not offending anyone I left it as some mystery of nature! Lol
I think I read in earlier posts the moderator was going to shut down the post if we spoke of burnin.
Anyway. Love my CL2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back