Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Aug 1, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #2,551 of 3,158
Nevermind, apparently you have to be fearless in how you connect these.
They eventually get easier to connect and disconnect. First few times I couldn't get them disconnected. I was going to use my teeth if I had to! But a few times later and I got an easy click on and w a medium pull and slight twist a disconnect. I will say if u don't get the click on connect then they are not secure.
I'm at around 200 hours burnin. I did a 24/7 burnin for 100 hours and been listening since. Don't hear a dramatic difference since around 150. They are smoother for sure from initial listen. And I got a Alo copper litz w 4.4 balanced and listen on my hiby r6 pro. Great combo.

Aug 1, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #2,552 of 3,158
So where do people who have experience with other iems, particularly top of the line ones, position these? I have owned the Solaris and IER-Z1R past 200 hours.

Is there supposed to be vocal recessing with these? How dramatic are the burn-in effects from 0 to 150? Kitechaser is big on cables making a serious difference, to the point of accounting for some of the apparently strong criticism these have received.

Aug 1, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #2,553 of 3,158
So where do people who have experience with other iems, particularly top of the line ones, position these? I have owned the Solaris and IER-Z1R past 200 hours.

Is there supposed to be vocal recessing with these? How dramatic are the burn-in effects from 0 to 150? Kitechaser is big on cables making a serious difference, to the point of accounting for some of the apparently strong criticism these have received.
The cl2 scales well, you need a quality copper cable and a good source, tho. Quality cable is always a good Idea no matter the IEM.

Aug 2, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #2,555 of 3,158
This is interesting. I've been playing music through these for 15-20 hours and they are sounding significantly more engaging. Initially the sound was plain wonky. Vocals recessed, sort of a metallic quality somewhere, thin, narrow soundstage. Vocals are better now, don't seem to be as shrill either, more body, nice level of detail, considerable balance across the frequency spectrum. Soundstage not bad but not much to speak of, may still be on the narrow side even for iems. Just put them on after initially listening for around 15 minutes. Using the 2.5mm balanced cable with an iBasso DX220 and its default amp1. With the balanced copper cable I'm getting I'll be switching to amp8. The amp1 module itself is in the middle of burning in so that's a confounding factor.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #2,556 of 3,158
What should I be expecting in terms of body and soundstage? Currently sounds rather thin and narrow.
I enjoy wide, deep, layered soundstage with a cohesive presentation, and perfect timbre. What source, tips, and cable are you using, and how many hours are on the CL2?

Aug 2, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #2,558 of 3,158
With CL2 I am torn between Love and Hate...

Pretty much sums up the general story with this IEM. I sold my CL2 but am hopeful for the CL3.

Aug 2, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #2,563 of 3,158
This forum seems a bit toxic and I'm just saying that it needs to calm down.

Aug 2, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #2,564 of 3,158
Others believe graphs...
How could you not believe the graphs? It's the FR that the measuring system picks up. You just happen to really like the FR of the CL2. Nothing wrong with that. That would be like telling someone they are wrong for liking spicy food. Own it.

But, don't say that the graphs are wrong. The people that are critical of the CL2 just don't happen to like that FR. There's nothing wrong with them either. If everybody had to like the same thing, there would only be 1 headphone. Where's the fun in that?

Aug 2, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #2,565 of 3,158
That’s definitely NOT the “general” story of this iem. Your personal story, yes but there are many who view these as endgame iems.
Others believe graphs and parroted poor reviews.

Um, read back in the thread. That's how many people feel about the CL2, not anywhere near just me.

I'm glad you love the IEM. That's fantastic. But hard to ignore when there's a trend in what people are hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back