Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Jan 26, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #2,101 of 3,158
Whereas for me, the tips don’t matter so much (my long standing preference for these are the KZ StarTips), but what does is having a solid core (borrowed the memory foam from a pair of MandarinES tips) - top drawer!

Jan 26, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #2,103 of 3,158
I'm going to try some Symbio-W and Foam tips. The silicone tips I've been using are way too harsh.

Jan 26, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #2,104 of 3,158
I’ve been using the CP240 SpinFit (think that’s the model) and they have been the best for fit and sound for me. Nice snug fit and doesn’t seem to lose any of the detail of the sound.

Jan 26, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #2,105 of 3,158
I’ve been using the CP240 SpinFit (think that’s the model) and they have been the best for fit and sound for me. Nice snug fit and doesn’t seem to lose any of the detail of the sound.

That's the double flange one?

I am using CP145s. It's one of my normal tips for most IEMs.

Jan 26, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #2,106 of 3,158
That's the double flange one?

I am using CP145s. It's one of my normal tips for most IEMs.

Yes it's the double, might try the CP145, didn't realise they made a single flange in the same size.

Jan 26, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #2,107 of 3,158
Yes it's the double, might try the CP145, didn't realise they made a single flange in the same size.

I also just tried the CP155, which I bought for the iSine. It fits though is not as secure. But since it's very long, it seems like it'll work just fine with deeper insertion.

Jan 27, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #2,111 of 3,158
@tolisgtr
Yeah the difference is massive.
I feel that way about a lot of other iems on the market right now too. So called TOTL.
The CL2 is worth building around.
Really scales with better quality cables and players up the food chain.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #2,112 of 3,158
Been spending a few hours revisiting the Bluetooth neckband via my iPhone.

It’s quite a good match to be fair, you do lose an amount of the overall detail and depth however it’s a decent enough Bluetooth option.

Hoping RHA might be able to add LDAC in the future via firmware upgrade but not holding out much hop of this.

Jan 29, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #2,113 of 3,158
Been spending a few hours revisiting the Bluetooth neckband via my iPhone.

It’s quite a good match to be fair, you do lose an amount of the overall detail and depth however it’s a decent enough Bluetooth option.

Hoping RHA might be able to add LDAC in the future via firmware upgrade but not holding out much hop of this.
I think it has much to do about battery life. And I don't know if extra resolution would help the lack of dynamics.
I think LDAC on the bluetooth band would be a wash, and would just eat into the hours of use.

Jan 29, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #2,114 of 3,158
"Straight Back" Fleetwood Mack, Mirage
TR24/96 sounds so damn good on the CL2, if you can get your hands on it, it's a must listen.
The whole album really.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #2,115 of 3,158
I think it has much to do about battery life. And I don't know if extra resolution would help the lack of dynamics.
I think LDAC on the bluetooth band would be a wash, and would just eat into the hours of use.

I think it would help with all round sound presentation and the battery life hit wouldn't phase me too much, it would be a nice option to have.

With my Sony 1000m3 the LDAC is a night and day difference tot he other codecs, adds a bit of everything to the mix, their is an effect on battery life but nothing too severe in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back