1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)

First

Back
185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194
196 197 198 199 200 201 202
Next

Last
  1. szore
    But don't forget, once it is broken in, the CL2 is very sensitive and revealing; cables, tips, source, recordings, barometric pressure, all have a strong influence on sound...but when it comes together it really is magical...

Owludio and 518013 like this.
  2. cr3ativ3
    Yes .. cables and tips have a massive influence to the sound with them

518013 and szore like this.
  3. twiceboss
    True, CL2 can change its sound quite a lot depending on source. When u got the synergy, it surpasses a lot of totl easily due to the planar tonality and the tonality sounds better than isine series to me. Isine is more like horn ish

4. Doctordoom16
    Selling my gently used cl2 w box and all accessories for $400 shipped in USA. PayPal extra or friends and family

5. Owludio
    One thing CL2 doesn't seem to be affected by - output impedance. Worked beautifully with 10 Ohm Hiby R6:)

szore likes this.
  6. Owludio
    Thanks a lot for these posts about UAPP. It's perfect for me. It supports both Google music and Tidal. Google music has better SQ BTW.
    Compressed files often sound better on Google than on Tidal. For entire 6 month I've been on Spotify, I couldn't find peace with any iem. Just couldn't bear what that OGG compression does to upper treble. Also Gogle music supports thumbs Up command from android watch(using Music boss app)
    Edit: to correct CL2 upper mid hump it's more than enough(and not only Cl2:))

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    twiceboss likes this.
  7. twiceboss
    yes, i do not find any other player that can outclass UAPP with the tonebooster. The only paid app that worth buying!

Owludio likes this.
  8. AxelCloris Administrator
    We've removed a few posts that did not meet Head-Fi's Guidelines. Let's please keep the discussion on-topic. Thank you, everyone.

szore likes this.
  9. Spie1904
    Would this pair well with the sp1000m dap? I never used EQ myself on that dap either. Would it a be solid pairing for classical, jazz, Acoustic and heavy metal / rock?
    If so does anyone have experience with this combo and how well does the EQ work?

10. szore
    I owned the 1000m, this would pair very well. With this combo, assuming everything is broken in, it would sound superb, there would be no reason to EQ anything.

11. Spie1904
    Really? I thought there was always the peak in the tuning of the RHA CL2 that would require EQ for the cymbals to sound correct? Like around 4-6khz

12. szore
    That's the subject of debate. If you look at frequency charts, it shows a peak. But in actual listening, with a proper copper cable, and 200-300 hours on the CL2, there is no 'peak'. This is a highly contentious topic here that I have no wish in reigniting. I suggest reading through this forum to see the discussion of the fabled CL2 'peak'. It's been discussed to death.

Add: Actually I am using a Plussound SPC that sounds great, you don't necessarily need a 'copper' cable; but pure copper, especially the better ones seem to have a better synergy in the sense they add a texture and tonality that compliments the CL2 well.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    518013 likes this.
  13. twiceboss
    the debate that will never end. CL2 sounds different with different source. Like literally, even with samsung and apple dongle sounds different to each other

14. cr3ativ3
    To my ears , it depends on cable and tips !

Stock tips and cable .. let me Eq down 2,9-4K range down by 3db.

I found out the final type e tips helped a lot .
    At the moment I use tripowin c8 cable and final type e . And no eq :)

15. ANOpax
    If you hadn’t seen the frequency response chart, you wouldn’t know the peak was there...

It’s notable that the people who don’t like the CL2 don’t have much history with full range speakers. The people who love them tend to come from a hifi speaker background rather than just a headfi background.

Make of that what you will.

szore and 518013 like this.
First

Back
185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194
196 197 198 199 200 201 202
Next

Last