1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)

First

Back
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189
Next

Last
  1. 518013
    My new cable was delivered today :beyersmile::beyersmile::beyersmile: will be adding impressions when I get a chance to listen to it.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  2. 518013

I have been listening to "Balloons" Kenny Werner Trio , and this is one of the most realistic renditions of a piano I have ever heard on any music system at any price point. Speaker systems at 20k plus, have trouble here.. For an IEM to be able to do this is down right baffling to me, Pianos are one of the hardest instruments to render correctly, and this little 10 mm driver does them almost perfectly.
    I am going to be picking up a second pair @Doctordoom16 just in case I lose the one I have.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  3. Doctordoom16
    The prices fluctuate up and down on Amazon. Picked up my second pair for $453! That is a steal.

518013 likes this.
  4. Doctordoom16
    What cable? Copper?

5. 518013
    I ended up ordering the PW Audio Limited Copper cable 4.4mm. I'll add impressions when I have had a bit more time with it, it's a definite upgrade from the stock cable.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    szore likes this.
  6. 518013
    After spending a decent amount of time with the RHA CL2, I just have to say they are incredible.
    With a decent player, and good files, these things are very impressive.
    Just got a pair TinHiFi P1 a few days ago, and they are not even remotely on the same level. The CL2 has better bass, Mids, Treble, stage is quite a bit wider and deeper( CL2 stage is 3D), timbre and tonality on the CL2 is just on another level. It's not a fair competition, and it shouldn't be especially when comparing price.

I also bought the Sony IER-ZIR, and so far I am not impressed. I have a big problem with it's mids, they are severely recessed, and they are just not fun to listen to. They sound completely different than what people on the Sony thread are describing them as, bass is okay, nothing extraordinary, it feels very lethargic especially after having spent some time with the CL2. Maybe I am missing something, but they are just very.... forgettable. I was not expecting that considering the price.
    I'll be returning them very soon.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    josesol07 and szore like this.
  7. szore
    I listened to the Sony M9 and next to cl2 all I heard was distortion, it was a hot mess.

8. 518013
    Haven't heard them as of yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was indeed the case. The IER-Z1R sounds muffled in comparison to the CL2, I can't really put my finger on why that is the case, maybe it's the tuning, or just the driver/drivers used. I don't understand the appeal to be honest, but then again who am I to tell someone what they can or can't like :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  9. cr3ativ3
    Hi all.

Hi own the CL2(used unit) now for 2 days , and keep on listening.
    Does anyone hear metal with these ?
    In many recordings , especially when listening in louder volume, i find they get really harsh sometimes. so at louder volume i had to eq down the 2,4-4,2K range about 2DB.
    i really love the speed and the bass of these. and im impressed so far with the detail retrieval of these...

so any metal heads here with the same "problem" ?

i use Cowon Plenue L(4.4out) -> iBasso CB13+iBassoCA02 - > Symbio W peel ( i checked many others )

518013 likes this.
  10. 518013
    I listen to a lot of metal, and haven't had to EQ anything as of yet, I don't push the volume too much though.
    I have it paired with the Sony WM1A 4.4mm out mostly, so that might also be a reason.

what kind of cable, and eartips are you using? If you don't mind me asking

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  11. 518013
    My bad, just read your entire post :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  12. cr3ativ3
    yeah , on lower volume they are not harsh, try to turn them louder :D

13. 518013
    If you have any spiral dots, give them a try, they allow for a deeper insertion and give a better seal, it really balances out the sound as I have experienced it. .
    I usually have to use Medium Large tips, and Medium was perfect for me with the CL2.

I'll try to increase volume when I get home and will report back..

14. cr3ativ3
    i have , but only ML, the deepest fit can i get with accoustone tips or the medium symbio w peel. the PL has 140 vol steps. if i get over 75/140 the start to get harsh. with the EQ setting i can go further up.

15. szore
    I put a box of Large spiral dots in the travel pouch! :point_right:

First

Back
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189
Next

Last