Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Mar 10, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #2,296 of 3,158
Funny, I was using the spiral dots that @Kitechaser gave me and they worked better than my Symbios wide, but I tried a smaller spiral dots (medium) and they fit even better. Funny because I have a pretty wide ear canal. Point being that tips, cables, and burn-in make a big difference with the CL2s.

very much +1 ... I have quite big ear canals, myself, essentially only use L size (and cannot get a seal with all Ls, some are just not large enough :)), usually use Spiral Dots in 90%+ of my IEMs (as they end up sounding better, to my ears), and I went one size down with the CL2 (with the UE900 rubber ear tips, though - I ended up preferring them to Spiral Dots, in this case).

Final has a page on their website about tuning IEMs, and they also graph the effect that different depths of insertion have on perceived frequencies - I mentioned that here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/int...ressions-thread.887229/page-128#post-14689560 . I really think a deeper insertion does something good with the CL2 peaks in the upper mids (though the shift that Final shows in that graph actually happens at higher frequencies than should matter with the CL2 - but still, to my ears, they sound better with a deeper insertion, lol).

Mar 12, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #2,297 of 3,158
The Genius of film music: Hollywood (LIVE)
London Philharmonic orchestra 24/96
Sounds perfect on the CL2.
Couldn't ask for anything more.

Mar 12, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #2,298 of 3,158
I get my CL2 back today after needing to send them back, I've missed them!

My left earpiece was a bit muffled, turns out it had been affected by residue from my ear in the filter.
RHA have cleaned both and sent them back - excellent quick service,

They have also advised I use the supplied comply tips with the mesh to avoid build up again, to be honest I will try them but from memory I want that keen on them.

It's worth making sure you keep them clean, I clean my ears fairly regular with buds but probably need to ensure that I keep the earpiece clean as well.

Mar 12, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #2,299 of 3,158
I get my CL2 back today after needing to send them back, I've missed them!

My left earpiece was a bit muffled, turns out it had been affected by residue from my ear in the filter.
RHA have cleaned both and sent them back - excellent quick service,

They have also advised I use the supplied comply tips with the mesh to avoid build up again, to be honest I will try them but from memory I want that keen on them.

It's worth making sure you keep them clean, I clean my ears fairly regular with buds but probably need to ensure that I keep the earpiece clean as well.
A small piece of nylon pantyhose on the nozzle might help.
Glad to hear that was the only problem, burning them in for a 2nd time is a pain in the behind.

Mar 26, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #2,301 of 3,158

Add: Big shout out to Jeff Buckley "Grace" album high res DSD. By far the best playback for this I have ever heard is on the CL2 Sony Combo.
Just goosebumps.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #2,302 of 3,158
CL2s, Lauren Daigle, coffee, jam, and ocean view...ahh...

20190326_074845.jpg

Mar 26, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #2,303 of 3,158
CL2s, Lauren Daigle, coffee, jam, and ocean view...ahh...

I am gonna head to the beach tomorrow myself. Need day to relax and get away.
Also try Bob Marley "Legend Remastered" 24/192 ahhhhhh it's just a treat, sounds soooooo smooth and soulful. Sounds like a private Marley performance.

Mar 26, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #2,304 of 3,158
CL2s are perfect when getting away...very light, portable and great-sounding...

Mar 27, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #2,305 of 3,158
Switching back and forth between Guns N' Roses "Welcome to the jungle" Flac version and 24/192 High Res, it's like a veil gets lifted on the performance, it's a pretty stark difference to my ears, this iem deserves High Res music to show what it's truly capable of.
6 months in and still going strong on the CL2, Only problem being my girl keeps hogging them. She is turning into an audiophile too :wink:
I am creating a monster.

Apr 4, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #2,307 of 3,158
Getting my CL2 today. Been reading and hearing a lot about these, can't wait...

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #2,309 of 3,158
Apr 4, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #2,310 of 3,158
Best cable upgrade for these little guys? Currently using the stock ones (3,5mm)
Plussound exo copper, Hansound Zen, PW #5 copper are all good options.
Copper cables give the best timbre, at least to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back