Introducing Blu Falcon
Oct 13, 2010 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

BluFalcon

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, I'm Ed.  New here.  Just introducing myself.  Long time lurker.  Just signed up.  I love listening to good music with my Grados.  I don't know ***** but I hope to learn from you all.  Thanks. 

Oct 13, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #2 of 14
Hi Ed, enjoy your stay!

Oct 13, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #3 of 14
Welcome aboard, Ed!

As a second post, care to explain the origin of your user name?

Oct 13, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #4 of 14

Quote:
Welcome aboard, Ed!

As a second post, care to explain the origin of your user name?

Yes, of course.  "Blue Falcon" is a term poplular in Army culture. Well at least it used to be.  I don't hear it used much these days.  It comes from the abbreviation "B.F.", which is short for Buddy F*cker".  In other words, deliberately doing something that leads to somebody else getting screwed over (usually battle buddies or friends).  I guess it could be considered as some sort of term of endearment, used more in jest than anything else.  When registering at the Blu-ray forums during the height of the format war between blu-ray and hd-dvd, everyone and their brother on that site seemed to have a handle with "Blu" in it.  At the time, I picked Blu Falcon as my screen name just to be funny, but no one really caught on.  Anyway, the name stuck with me so I kept it.   

Oct 14, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #5 of 14
Cool. I thought there may be a military connection to the name, but I was guessing air force. I guess that would have been too obvious.

Mine? I studied philosophy in college and created the name when I registered for hotmail about twenty years ago. Plain "socrates" was taken so I added my birth date.

Oct 14, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #6 of 14

Quote:
Cool. I thought there may be a military connection to the name, but I was guessing air force. I guess that would have been too obvious.

Mine? I studied philosophy in college and created the name when I registered for hotmail about twenty years ago. Plain "socrates" was taken so I added my birth date.

First syllable of my first name, first syllable of my last name. It's very creative, I know. 

What do you do in the Army, BluFalcon?

Oct 14, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #7 of 14
Hi Ed,
Welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #8 of 14
Very cool.  Thanks for sharing.

I'm a cav scout by trade.  Currently working outside of that capacity in a unit tasked to assist in the defeat of unconventional threats. 

Oct 14, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #9 of 14
From the title, I thought we were going to see a new component. But alas, I can't hang a new Blu Falcon from my audio shelf (unless you want to be, of course). 
redface.gif

Oct 14, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #10 of 14

Quote:
From the title, I thought we were going to see a new component. But alas, I can't hang a new Blu Falcon from my audio shelf (unless you want to be, of course)
redface.gif

Ed Gein style...?

Oct 14, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #11 of 14

Quote:
From the title, I thought we were going to see a new component. But alas, I can't hang a new Blu Falcon from my audio shelf (unless you want to be, of course). 
redface.gif

You mean you don't already have people hanging from your audio shelves? Weirdo.

Welcome to registering to the forums and joining us people with names who have stepped out from the shady dark alley of anonymity... Although, that alley had some great scones every Sunday morning.

Oct 14, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #12 of 14
Scones. That's like what Beverly Hills Cops eat instead of donuts. 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back