Introducing Audio-Technica's ATH-W1000X
May 27, 2010 at 9:09 AM Post #257 of 292

Quote:
why do some sites claim that it's the wooden version of A1000X? But the W1000X clearly uses a 6.3mm...

do they share the same driver?

I don´t know about the drivers. Seems like a stupid, stupid assumption to me. It sort of is a wooden version of A1000X of course, same frame I think?

May 27, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #258 of 292
I missed the chance to buy these on the FS forums the last few times and I'm really regretting not doing so
redface.gif
... I'd really like to try these out now.  I think I'm slowly moving into one open headphone/one closed headphone setup and I feel that from what I've read W1000x would be a perfect counterpart.

I'm probably gonna keep an eye out for next week or two and if there is nothing then I may just have to get it from Pricejapan or something like that.

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #259 of 292

K_19 please post where you find to buy as I have spent the last few days looking at this thread and am leaning towards a pair also. Currently using grado 225i and a desk amp really enjoy them just not sure what the difference will be. These cans sure seem to be developing a following.
thanks

Jun 1, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #260 of 292
Ok so I bit the bullet and sent in the order, confirmed just now and can hardly wait. thanks all for the input to make this purchase one of the easiest I could have made. I appreciate the time taken by the people I contacted for their opinions   thanks
will post after I receive the Headphones  

Jun 6, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #261 of 292
Alright I'm going to bite. I was trying to be patient waiting for new headphones from ATs 25th anniversary but I'm aching to try these out. If AT ends up with releasing a new flagship while there is a huge hole in my pocket so be it. 
tongue.gif

One more question before I bite the bullet. Are there any genres of music the W1000X excels at, or do they make decent all rounders? I'll be able to post some AD2000 vs. W1000X impressions when I have both in my hands, of course I don't really have an amazing source or amp at hand, but some impressions are better than no impressions. 

Jun 6, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #262 of 292

Quote:
Alright I'm going to bite. I was trying to be patient waiting for new headphones from ATs 25th anniversary but I'm aching to try these out. If AT ends up with releasing a new flagship while there is a huge hole in my pocket so be it. 
tongue.gif

One more question before I bite the bullet. Are there any genres of music the W1000X excels at, or do they make decent all rounders? I'll be able to post some AD2000 vs. W1000X impressions when I have both in my hands, of course I don't really have an amazing source or amp at hand, but some impressions are better than no impressions. 

I'll be waiting for your reports. People say my problems with the AD2000 might be addressed with teh W1000x (especially in the bass department). Lets hope thats true!

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #263 of 292
I had the W1000X at my table at CanJam, and most people who listened to them were surprised at how good they sounded
L3000.gif

Jun 6, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #264 of 292
 Your last comment, skylab, might just push me over the edge on the "buy side" of the fence; I hope it will be an enjoyable fall
dt880smile.png
! Also, I would really appreciate it if you read my thread, since i think the ATH-W1000X might be thee headphone that fits my requirements.
Thanks

Jun 14, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #266 of 292
My W1000x's came in last week but I've only had time to listen to it for a few minutes on my EF5. My initial reaction was that the sound is a lot different from the old W1000's. The mids are much further to the front, the bass extends deeper and the sound stage is wider. I'll report back once I get more time with them.

I have to say that pictures do no justice to how incredible these headphones look, these have to be one of the most beautiful headphones ever designed. I might have to pick up the AT headphone stand just to show these off properly. :)

Jun 14, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #267 of 292

Quote:
 Your last comment, skylab, might just push me over the edge on the "buy side" of the fence; I hope it will be an enjoyable fall
dt880smile.png
! Also, I would really appreciate it if you read my thread, since i think the ATH-W1000X might be thee headphone that fits my requirements.
Thanks

hehe x2

thanks skylab

Aug 27, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #270 of 292
Currently I'm rocking the D7000 powered by WA6 with Sophia Princess.  I'm thinking of getting the W1000x to change up things a little.
Do you guys think the sound signatures of those two HPs are "different" enough to warrant the purchase?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back