Introducing AAW X ADVANCED Accessport High Resolution Amplifier for smartphones with 10-unit GIVEAWAYS
Feb 14, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #226 of 241
Hello guys,

Kevin from AAW posted an update on USB-C on Kickstarter comments section about progress with USB-C. I'm copying/pasting it below in case you've missed it. We are working through the software. Chinese New Year got in the way, and we're trying our best to secure a solid date for release.

Kevin Wang on 2/7/2018
Hi All, the USB-C project has hit a road block as the current progress goes. We have full function unit right now, which works with majority Android phones which employs USB-C 3.1. The PD charging goes up to 45W, we have no issue using it to charge Macbook and etc. The only issue we are facing now is to make it high-res worthy, the 24bit/48kHz driver works great with compatibility to most phones we tested, however the 24bit/96kHz playback is not yet. Unlike normal dacs for phones it is one way traffic, Accessport is two way, with recording and phone call functions to consider. We are collaborating with chipset suppliers to work on the software now. We already build around 200units, once we cracked the software, shipping will commence.

Mar 6, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #227 of 241
I am glad to come across a decent adapter solution that happens to be a compact dac. Now I have to do some wife convincing ops! For the folks our there using this product with an iPhone, where did you see the most improvement? Spotify, Tidal etc? Those are pretty much the only 2 options that I use on my iphone for listening music.

Mar 7, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #228 of 241
@all V1.1.6 firmware is ready for update, it mainly solves the bug with volume control on MFI certified earphone remotes. Now all 3 buttons should work seamlessly. We are working towards with compatibility with Android remotes, do check back for updates.
If you have trouble downloading the firmware, delete the app and install again.

Apr 1, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #231 of 241
I think the problem with this taking so long is the usb interpretation by the industry is too subjective. I think leaving the interface standard to the CSR and lightning connection will vastly simplify product development. So for ios support tethered dac and for android support bluetooth. And keep it simple. That way you can add features we care about more like sound quality and style and form and function.

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #232 of 241
My iPhone 6 that I love as its JB has a dodgy headphone jack - slight lack in clarity and dynamics.

I was going to get the official apple lightning adapter to overcome my problem and than I came across the accessport.

Reading a few older opinions on other sites has made me little concerned in two areas and wondering if someone can clarify.

1. Has the build quality improved since original release ?
Read of cable falling apart and even failing. Jack not click fitting nicely with headphones.
Maybe there are improved revised editions.

2. Some complained of background noise with headphones. Is this rectified ?

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #233 of 241
My iPhone 6 that I love as its JB has a dodgy headphone jack - slight lack in clarity and dynamics.

I was going to get the official apple lightning adapter to overcome my problem and than I came across the accessport.

Reading a few older opinions on other sites has made me little concerned in two areas and wondering if someone can clarify.

1. Has the build quality improved since original release ?
Read of cable falling apart and even failing. Jack not click fitting nicely with headphones.
Maybe there are improved revised editions.

2. Some complained of background noise with headphones. Is this rectified ?

I would like to know as well.

Any comments?

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #236 of 241
upload_2018-6-7_15-56-21.png

It's official USB-C version is cancelled.

Jun 7, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #238 of 241
Meanwhile, I received the upgraded lightning version. I don't really hear much difference sonically but there is a difference in the cable. It is less stiff and has more flexibility. Hoping it is of higher quality. It is a nifty device but I have already had two quit on me and need replaced. Hoping this new version will be more durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back