Intro and Help Thread! Looking for help deciding which IEM.
Jun 8, 2013 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mainian

New Head-Fier
Hey guys!

I've lurked on Head-Fi multiple times when deciding what head phones to buy, etc. Recently, I've tried a few on-ear headphones spending $500+, but honestly, I NEVER use these. I almost ALWAYS use my IEM's. Currently, I mainly use a pair of Bose MIE2 (Yuk), but hey - that cord is pretty durable for working on. 

Anyways, I'm looking to spend around $300. I was almost going to jump on the Westone 4's on Amazon for $320 after looking at the headphone list and checking out several reviews in that price range. But then I noticed the Westone 4R and I decidied to hold off on buying. 

I'm really wanting to hear some other suggestions before I splurge on $300+ in ear monitors. 

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hey guys!

I've lurked on Head-Fi multiple times when deciding what head phones to buy, etc. Recently, I've tried a few on-ear headphones spending $500+, but honestly, I NEVER use these. I almost ALWAYS use my IEM's. Currently, I mainly use a pair of Bose MIE2 (Yuk), but hey - that cord is pretty durable for working on. 

Anyways, I'm looking to spend around $300. I was almost going to jump on the Westone 4's on Amazon for $320 after looking at the headphone list and checking out several reviews in that price range. But then I noticed the Westone 4R and I decidied to hold off on buying. 

I'm really wanting to hear some other suggestions before I splurge on $300+ in ear monitors. 

What kind of sound do you want? Do you care about isolation and comfort? There are tens of iems in $300 range, and I can't list them all. BTW, difference between W4 and W4R is just a removable cable.

Jun 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
What kind of sound do you want? Do you care about isolation and comfort? There are tens of iems in $300 range, and I can't list them all. BTW, difference between W4 and W4R is just a removable cable.

Yeah, that's what I discovered after reading a lot of posts on here and such. As a reference, I have the Shure SE215, and there sound is definitely pleasant to my ears. Although, a more balanced ear-bud wouldn't be too bad either. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back