Intime SORA: Giant killer IEMs from Japan?
Oct 4, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #587 of 1,030
Oct 5, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #588 of 1,030
Tsk, tsk. 66 sets! lol

1633411794016.png

"10th Makana Earphones Halloween Version Part-Ⅳ"

most probably gone as I'm posting this...

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #589 of 1,030
Time flies so fast. It seemed like last week I got incoming the original Sora
Summer 2017. (4) years on, still amazed! Still playing. A true wonder budget for a midfi level quality in ear...

Oct 5, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #591 of 1,030
I really like the looks of the just released Halloween version. onore Intime and their Japanese ways of marketing.
I also just received my YO today, might do a short review with Nagi in comparison. I'll clarify first that I barely had any flex issues with my Nagi and it was more than easy to live with it but pretty sure Intime YO does not have flex/fit issues for me at all.

Attachments

• 20211005175318_0E6A9474.jpg
    20211005175318_0E6A9474.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 0
Oct 6, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #593 of 1,030
The limited Halloween version will not go on sale as usual but they will 'sell by lottery'. They didn't say it's restricted to Japan residence only but not sure whether some pre-evaluation will be done or straight away to the lottery but no harm trying your luck (that is if you have the budget). Below is taken from their blog :

■ Notes on sales
 ・ We will sell by lottery this time as well.
 ・ If you wish to purchase, please copy the items ① to ④ below as they are, fill in the necessary items on the right side of:, and send it to halloeen4@o2aid.com.
 * Please note that the application may not be accepted if it is sent without copying because the reception is done automatically by the computer.
 * When the reception is accepted, you will receive a reception email with an automatic reply. If you do not receive it, please contact info@o2aid.com (Nagai).

・ The application deadline is noon on October 13th.
① Zip code:
② Address:

③ Name:
④ Phone number:
* Please write "Makana Earphone DMHV Hope" in the email title.

* If you can give us a message, it will be encouraging for the staff!
* When sending with an e-mail address such as a mobile phone, please set the e-mail reception permission from halloween4@o2aid.com.
* HDSS is a patented technology of TBI Audio System LLC.  
* The lottery results will be notified directly to the winners at 17:00 on October 14th.
* If you win, please transfer the amount to our designated bank account by October 18th (Unfortunately, we could not receive the transfer from several people in the past and it became our stock. I'm sorry for those who lost the lottery, so I believe in your conscience).
 ・ It will be shipped sequentially from 10/20.
 (Please understand that there may be a slight delay depending on the production situation.)
 ・ Please note that we cannot accept payment by credit card.
 ・ If you have any questions, please contact info@o2aid.com (Nagai).

Oct 6, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #594 of 1,030
Okay after one whole night of Nagi vs Yo, I'll try to give a simple and less emotional impression.
Out of the box, sounds very similar. Will be hard to tell the difference without AB-ing.
Requires very less burn in. initially the treble was a bit grainy and blur but within no time it should sound just like intended
I'll be comparing Yo and Nagi with both stock 07 tips with my source Aune s6>AudioGd NFB1

Imaging
-It has a more intimate/engaging/in your face imaging compared to Nagi. I've tested with some songs and found that Yo's soundstage can go far if it wants to( basically purposely giving it songs with far instruments) but most of the time, it's intimate presentation will force a lot of instruments forward compared to Nagi. I do still believe that Nagi's soundstage is wider than Yo. I personally do feel that Yo has a better left right sense and can feel very nice on panning instruments, making it fun on a lot of songs. Nagi on the other hand feels quite a lot more open. If you do agree with my findings you will probably find yourself spending a lot of time changing back and forth trying to figure out which one you prefer.
Treble
-No, I do not find Kira's sparkle here albeit online sources saying its a Kira Go baby. Yo definitely has a lot of treble, and don't worry it'll feel just at home if you liked kira or Nagi. It's not as sibilant and peaky as Nagi's treble so it does make it a tad bit more comfortable. Don't get me wrong, the treble is good but it doesn't carry kira's sparkle or Nagi's extended thin sibilant treble.
Bass
-Out of the box you will probably feel that the Yo has a bit more punch on the bass. Its not a huge addition that makes it bloaty, it just feels like a bit more punch compared to Nagi. Like Kira and Nagi, Yo has less sub. After AB-ing, Yo seems to have a bit more sub bass compared to Nagi but that could be what i feel due to the closer imaging on Yo

Conclusion
-Slightly less treble and slightly punchier bass compared to Nagi. I personally feel that the main thing to focus on is the different style of imaging and intimacy that Yo provides. Personally it depends on the songs. There are some songs which sound better open with Nagi and there's some songs that sound good up in your face. I had an incredible night of stuffing Yo into my face. The intimacy makes it engaging, immersive and if i can say, emotional on some songs. And no i do not feel any driver flex. Due to the different imaging style they have, i am not able to confidently say which has better seperation but probably Yo.

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #595 of 1,030
Any impressions of the Sho DD (w/ MMCX if that matters)? In the states theres a retailer here that can let you audition the Sho DD for about $8 to pay for shipping, but I'd rather have MMCX version than the Pentaconn one if it sounds any good. I'm looking for something 'fun' sounding, kind of like an upgraded Sony MH755 or similar. Was just curious if Intime tuning is anywhere close

Oct 10, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #596 of 1,030
Any impressions of the Sho DD (w/ MMCX if that matters)? In the states theres a retailer here that can let you audition the Sho DD for about $8 to pay for shipping, but I'd rather have MMCX version than the Pentaconn one if it sounds any good. I'm looking for something 'fun' sounding, kind of like an upgraded Sony MH755 or similar. Was just curious if Intime tuning is anywhere close
i dont have the sho DD now but as i can remember it sounds similar with Ti3, warm and bassy

Oct 14, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #600 of 1,030

Users who are viewing this thread

Back