interesting subject concerning semi open headphones.
Feb 9, 2012 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pjs42

Head-Fier
 i wear my samson sr850s in public.due to its semi open nature do any other members wear their superlux headphones or samsons outdoors what do you like most about it and and if you dont why not?

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 6
 come on superlux lovers dont be shy to respond to the thread!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #4 of 6
I presently own two pairs of headphones that could be considered "semi-open" (and have owned a third in the past); I wouldn't wear any of them outdoors. I had a pair of SR-60s that I used outdoors a time or two; I liked being able to "hear-through" to the world around me, but I disliked being able to "hear-through" to the world around me...if that explains my position.

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #5 of 6
It's nice to be able to hear what's around you in case you need to react to something quickly, but if you're going to use it on public transit, you might want to consider whether other people want to be able to hear your music clearly.
smile.gif
That's mainly why I only use earbuds or closed headphones in public.

But hey, if no one's complained...
wink.gif

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #6 of 6
Ive worn the superlux 668b in public, on the one hand its good if you are walking around and need awareness, however if you are actually trying to listen/analyze the music the outside noise can be distracting. It isnt that bad, and I sat inside the the center of the Trinoma mall (which is a huge wide open area with maybe 1k+ pedestrians, musak and random loudspeaker annoucements) and I enjoyed them, the only other HP i had while travelling was the HD 201 and I preferred using that if outdoors + stationary. 

I remember one time trying to use a px100-ii and HD 515 inside a fast food restaurant and I couldnt hear my HPs it over the overhead musak. Trying to listen to fully-open phones in public really showed me quick why people value isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back