Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
May 28, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #2,731 of 3,944
Can you elaborate on this please?
I intend to use the p6pro with aroma a100tb with Thummim, and while I like the p6pro amps technicalities I find it week for Thummim.
Are you saying it might be better to run the p6pro in headphones out mode connected to an external amplifier rather then line out ?
Thnx
No wait, I try to explain me better.
C9 (don't know for Aroma) gives you two options: Line in or Preamp mode.
"Line in" is the "preferred" mode when you have true LO from the dap, and use internal c9 gain section.
Preamp mode has to be used if the dap does not have a true LO (ie dx300 amp11) to bypass the gain part of c9 and use the amp on the dap to manage the gain. (So also in this case you don't have a double amping)
In preamp mode the sound is more influenced by dap character than C9 part.

May 28, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #2,732 of 3,944
In the end C9 gives you two possibilities:
P6p LO ---> C9 line in
P6p HO ---> C9 preamp

Depends what you like more. Preamp mode is more noisy anyway.

May 28, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #2,733 of 3,944
In the end C9 gives you two possibilities:
P6p LO ---> C9 line in
P6p HO ---> C9 preamp

Depends what you like more. Preamp mode is more noisy anyway.
Thnx I think I get it :)

The 100tb doesn't seem to have preamp mode , so guess I'll try both LO, and HO to see what suits me better 🙄

Jun 1, 2022 at 3:35 AM Post #2,734 of 3,944
Just bought an LP6 Ti AE! :) Very happy to be back to the L&P R2R community again, I missed it every day. Thanks to @mungster for graciously parting with his unit, so that I may enjoy it every day :)

Jun 1, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #2,735 of 3,944
Just bought an LP6 Ti AE! :) Very happy to be back to the L&P R2R community again, I missed it every day. Thanks to @mungster for graciously parting with his unit, so that I may enjoy it every day :)
Congrats man! It is the pinnacle DAP right now. :)

Jun 1, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #2,736 of 3,944
Glad you got the 7AE. No need to get the LP6TI now:wink: I think once you've got this, it's hard to settle for anything less:)

Jun 2, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #2,737 of 3,944
Glad you got the 7AE. No need to get the LP6TI now:wink: I think once you've got this, it's hard to settle for anything less:)
What would you say is the difference in terms of sound signature between the LP6 Ti and the 7AE?

Jun 2, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #2,738 of 3,944
Yeah, I am extremely happy to be one of the few to own this rare beauty. From what I heard it's pretty earth shattering. I am expecting something like the Orpheus, in a DAP. Magic and analog, crazy detail but utterly muscial.

What would you say is the difference in terms of sound signature between the LP6 Ti and the 7AE?
I am also wondering about this, who has heard them both? What exactly does the 7AE have that the other LP6s don't, aside from the 4 DAC chips?

Jun 2, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #2,739 of 3,944
I would love to Know if Cayin C9 improve SQ of LP6 Ti ?

I think the 7AE has slightly more power but the Lp6Ti profile is more focused on the voice. When I got the firmware update for the 7AE it changed and the sound is much more closer to LP6TI. I listen to the Lp6TI more now since I use IEM and not over the ear headphones so it is more than sufficient for me to use the LP6Ti. But both the clarity and details are hard to beat. You just need to get the best IEM to more out of it.

Jun 2, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #2,740 of 3,944
I heard the Ti and the 7AE both have 4 dac chips.

Jun 2, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #2,741 of 3,944
They do. LP6 has 2, the Ti and Ti 7AE have 4. The difference between the Ti and Ti 7AE is the amp stage. The 7AE has some upgrades there but I dont remeber what they are tbh

Jun 2, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #2,742 of 3,944
Yes, both the Ti and the Ti 7th AE both have 4 dac chips. I've heard the AE has more power, but also the voicing is different. I would love to hear confirmed what is actually the difference between the two

Jun 2, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #2,743 of 3,944
Yes, both the Ti and the Ti 7th AE both have 4 dac chips. I've heard the AE has more power, but also the voicing is different. I would love to hear confirmed what is actually the difference between the two
LP6Dual.jpg

I have both and been testing them out side by side. Definitely the 7AE has more power. I believe they improved the Op-amp and also the power on it. The rest is just cosmetics like the lacquered wood and intro software. I am confirming with my source at LP in China and will revert back. Just a few movement on the volume on the 7AE can blast my ears off on the Black Erlkonig but these are easy to drive. I heard this on the Obravo CU and it makes a helluva difference when you can drive the IEMs. They are tuned slightly different on the voice. I think the 7AE voice is more forward. I listen more to the LP6TI because is it already sufficient for me based on the IEM I use. If I were driving a over the ear headphone like a HD800 then I would go for the 7AE. I do believe the profiles you pick on it makes a difference to the tuning. I prefer the voice to be slightly back hence I prefer the LP6TI. The details on the 7AE sounds marginally sharper but it may be to do with it having more power. Really I feel there is very little in it hence I tried switching up on the IEMs I use on it to see if it is reflected in a more TOTL IEM. Before I didn't think too much of the Obravo CU but after pairing it with the LP6TI it can push the hell out these harder to drive IEMs. Just sounds better. No other DAP can do this as well as the LP6TI or the 7AE.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #2,744 of 3,944
LP6Dual.jpg

I have both and been testing them out side by side. Definitely the 7AE has more power. I believe they improved the Op-amp and also the power on it. The rest is just cosmetics like the lacquered wood and intro software. I am confirming with my source at LP in China and will revert back. Just a few movement on the volume on the 7AE can blast my ears off on the Black Erlkonig but these are easy to drive. I heard this on the Obravo CU and it makes a helluva difference when you can drive the IEMs. They are tuned slightly difference on the voice. I think the 7AE voice is more forward. I listen more to the LP6TI because is it already sufficient for me based on the IEM I use. If I were driving a over the ear headphone like a HD800 then I would go for the 7AE. I do believe the profiles you pick on it makes a difference to the tuning. I prefer the voice to be slightly back hence I prefer the LP6TI. The details on the 7AE sounds marginally sharper but it may be to do with it having more power. Really I feel there is very little in it hence I tried switching up on the IEMs I use on it to see if it is reflected in a more TOTL IEM. Before I didn't think too much of the Obravo CU but after pairing it with the LP6TI it can push the hell out these harder to drive IEMs. Just sounds better. No other DAP can do this as well as the LP6TI or the 7AE.

This is a very valuable input! Can you kindly note the firmware versions of each for our reference?

Jun 2, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #2,745 of 3,944
This is a very valuable input! Can you kindly note the firmware versions of each for our reference?
On the LP6Ti it's the beta - v1.0.1.6 and on the 7AE v1.0.0.3 both betas. That is because I wanted the % power bar on both of them. I realized the firmware makes a lot of difference and can control the power even better on the 7AE. The newer firmware is better in that on some music files it used to crash but now it supports it a lot better.
TBH, I hope the new LP7 doesn't add too much weight and size to these existing ones but I fear it will if they want to improve things like battery life, GUI and if going to the Android based OS. The portability of these two and weight based on the titanium casing is just perfect for me. I just love the size of these. I am happy if they just put in a longer battery life and keep everything the same. Sometimes less is more, we are just after the perfect sound. These 2 units will still be very collectable for their portability.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back